Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lonhagen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 08:30 AM
    Instructions on Manually Removing Norton Files from System Registry
    I have tried to uninstall 2005 Norton Internet Security through the add and remove option of windows as well as use the removal tool that Norton provides but I still have issues with Norton files listed in the registry. Do you know where I can get directions for manually removing the remaining files listed in the system registry? I’m using Windows XP Provisional Second edition.

Thanks
    c_starrs Posts: 64, Reputation: 5

May 18, 2007, 01:53 PM
    Try running Regedit via Run, go to edit, then find, search for Symantech, then delete them all, then search for Norton, then delete them all too, that should get rid of them.

Rate Answers :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing Norton Internet Security [ 1 Answers ]

My computer has viruses and I am a victim of identity theft. I tried installing McAfee but it won't allow full installation without remving Norton Internet security first from my computer. I tried going to add/remove programs and it won't allow me to. Can you help

Norton System Works won't un-install [ 3 Answers ]

Parts of the Norton System Works ('03) CAN'T be gotten rid of. Especially, the NPROTECT.exe (for the recycle bin) process refuses to be killed so I can install an older version of Norton Utilities ('02 without Norton Anti-Virus). The recycle bin won't work at all now and I also want to get rid of...

Removing Hijacking Files [ 3 Answers ]

I am not a computer expert so I am in desperate need of help. I have three hijacking files: cws.feads, home search assistant, and sorry but I can not rememeber the name of the other file other than it starts with cws. I need to remove these files some how but my system keeps crashing. I did a...

Norton System Works install problem [ 10 Answers ]

I have never had a problem installing NSW on my XP system. Now I have had no luck trying 3 times to install NSW 2005. It does load OK and then when I restart, the splash window apprears with the text message: "The smartest way to optimize and protect your PC" and below it is the " NEXT" button....

Norton/system restore [ 13 Answers ]

Hi there, As a newbie could use some help. My system restore does not restore. When I try to restore to previous setting it appears to go through the motions and then says it cannot restore. I have set new restore dates but it still does not restore. Read somewhere system restore is a useless...

View more questions Search