Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2007, 04:53 AM
    Now wild guessing: I formatted the drive NTFS. Might there be some reason that this old laptop needs it to be FAT32?

After formatting, I get a different problem.

"Setup cannot create the folder \windows\system32\1037

Setup cannot continue until the folder is created.
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 24, 2007, 01:01 PM
    Have you got a spare PC? --install windoze on other PC and move the drive back to laptop. -- Ive done that before on a frankinstien PC that no matter what I did the cd drive would not read windoze disk. -- Savage

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Windows xp home network setup problems [ 2 Answers ]

When I run the network setup wizard it freezes at the part where it configures the computer - it won't complete the setup and I don't know how to make it!! HELP!! :confused:

Cannot find server, micrsoft windows not genuine [ 7 Answers ]

So, a while ago I started to get pop-ups "your copy of windows may not be genuine" so I, of course, ignored it because I have no idea what that means. Now that that pop-up stopped a new problem has started. When I go on the internet, I can look at whatever, but if I want to pay a bill, or sign...

BIOS/CMOS can find my second hard drive but Windows cannot [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all, I installed windows on a 1GB primary master hard drive and that is working fine. And now I am trying to attach a 40GB Seagate as a primary slave hard drive to put music and pictures and games and document etc on it. But the screen that first comes up when you press restart (not sure...

Wlan Setup [ 7 Answers ]

How To Set Up Wlan Setup? I Have Got A Laptop With Wlan Installed And A Desk Top With Whom I Want To Connect . Please Help

View more questions Search