Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    masud Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Apr 24, 2007, 02:56 AM
    Bad Debts
    I don't know what are Bad Debts. Can someone explain with an example for me.

Detailed explination would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2007, 03:03 AM
    Have a read of this:

Bad debt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

Apr 24, 2007, 06:38 AM
    Allowance Method is a link that can help you with understanding how to deal with it and journalize it

Apr 24, 2007, 08:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin

Thanks a lot for assisting.

Apr 24, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly999
    Allowance Method is a link that can help you with understanding how to deal with it and journalize it

Thanks a lot for assisting me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

Bad debts expense accounts [ 1 Answers ]

If allowance for doubtful accounts has a credit balance of $2100 in the trial balance, how do I journalize the adjusting entry at December 31, assuming bad debts are expected to be 1% of net sales. Sales are $840,000. And 10% of accounts receivables? A/R is $110,000. Thanks

What do I do about debts? [ 2 Answers ]

All of credit cards went to collection and total is 6. Can't pay debt since in school and make too little part time job. Debt range from $78 to many in the thousands (3500). Total credit default debt = 13000. Student loans good standing 40000. What to do? Afraid some collection agency can sue....

Old Debts [ 5 Answers ]

I was just notified by a collector regarding a debt I incurred in 1996.I have not received any prior notice.This was an Emergency Room bill. I do not keep records past 8 years. I have no idea of what if anything I truly owe or paid. Can they come after me after 10 years ?I am in Texas. Susan

View more questions Search