Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Red3 Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Apr 23, 2007, 06:10 PM
    Trying to get with my baby's daddy.
    I started dating my ex in Apirl of last year. We got pregant within the first three months, and my hormones and emotions starting going crazy. I was treating him like crap, saying things like I didn't want to be with him, I would ruin the evening by thinking he didn't want me there, even though that wasn't the case at all. Time went by and in Oct he told me he didn't love me anymore, due to the way I was treating him. That hurt so bad...So now its Apirl of 07 we are still not together, but we do have a precious little boy. I am still very in love with him, but yet he doesn't love me I am trying to work things out, but no matter what I do he just doesn't seem to want any part of it. Even though he says he wants to be a family if everything is perfect between us. I don't know how to be perfect without him helping out. Is there anything that I can do to make him realize he is the piece of the puzzle me and my boys are missing to be the family God intended us to be????
    Please answer this if you have anything that could help......thank you!!!
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 23, 2007, 08:55 PM
    Just work really hard on it. You can do it. Always remain calm, and treat him with the same respect he needs to treat you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 24, 2007, 05:49 AM
    Well I guess you really turned him off with bad treatment, and he hasn't gotten over it. I suggest you go the extra mile to show him that you care, and be very patient, as it could take a while. At least be civil and work together to raise the kids right, as you two are tied together by them, whether a relationship between the two of you happens or not.
    louie1 Posts: 183, Reputation: 49

Apr 24, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3046
    Just work really hard on it. You can do it. Always remain calm, and treat him with the same respect he needs to treat you.
    I agree with Matt on this one - just be calm and take things slow.

Good luck
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 24, 2007, 02:22 PM
    It is interesting that you post this question and then the other question asking if you are using your son as a bargaining tool to gain your former boyfriend back.

After reading this information you posted, you have some serious issues about your own maturity. It is never good to use a child as a method of holding onto a relationship that is not working. Many women throughout history have tried that and the odds are against that working out. Now to use your son as a means of controlling your former boyfriend, is also not wise. Your former boyfriend will come to really dislike being yanked around like that. He will have no respect for what you are trying to do.

You say you love him and he is the missing piece of the puzzle. He does not feel that way. You cannot continue in the behavior you have been showing him. That is not helping you. You need to calm down, act sensible, be respectful, and considerate. You can hardly ask for the same treatment if you are not willing to show that you can do the same.

Maybe if your ex boyfriend sees you have settled down in your demeanor, he may be willing to take a second chance. No one knows. If things do not work out, then you need to accept that and move on. Good luck to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby's mama [ 12 Answers ]

OK this is my problem my husband has a baby girl... the mother is not me duh but she woint let him see her and he has to pay child support... I understand that but doesn't by law she has to let him see his child?. she talk sh*h about him and wants the money but she won't keep up to her end of the...

Boyfriend wants to be my baby's father [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ohio and my baby's father has not even been around even for the pregnancy. My boyfriend wants to be the baby's father but we do not know how to go about it. I know he can't just sign the birth certificate. How do we go about the adoption so he can legally be my baby's father?

BirthControl, Periods, And baby's [ 3 Answers ]

I got off depo, 6 almost 7 months ago. My periods are normal, 28 day cycle. Does this not mean, its possible to get pregnant? Or am I just understanding this wrong?

Opinion on baby's name tattoo [ 13 Answers ]

I kind of need suggestions on what my tatto should look like. I just turned 18 and I want to get a tattoo. Nothing extreme but I just had a baby that I named gabriel and I want to get a tattoo with his name. What I need suggestions for is for things like placement, size, and what type of picture...

Baby's sex [ 5 Answers ]

I am 22 weeks pregnant with my second child. Please could you tell me the baby's sex?

View more questions Search