Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmain07 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2007, 03:40 PM
    Painful cramps and light period
    I am 40. My periods have been getting irregular the past year. I am usually a couple days early. This month however, has been different. I am still a couple of days early, but my lower left back had severe sharp pains a couple of weeks ago. Then I have been having severe cramps on and off for the past few weeks. I usually only get mod cramps, occasionally during my period. I was spotting any where from pink to brown to red, 1-2 tampons a day for the past couple of days. I am really not sure what is going on.
    mandyloo Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 09:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cmain07
    I am 40. My periods have been getting irregular the past year. I am usually a couple days early. This month however, has been different. I am still a couple of days early, but my lower left back had severe sharp pains a couple of weeks ago. Then I have been having severe cramps on and off for the past few weeks. I usually only get mod cramps, occationally during my period. I was spotting any where from pink to brown to red, 1-2 tampons a day for the past couple of days. I am really not sure what is going on.
    Menopause maybe? I would go to the obgyn personally. One can never be to careful about ovarian health issues. Ovarian cancer symptoms are much like the ones of menopause. You should definitely at least make a call in the Dr.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2007, 12:36 AM
    Sound like the onset of the menopause. Check out your vitamin 'B' supplements. There are a lot of good books out there about coping with the menopause. Invest in one, you'll be glad you did. It can be quite uncomfortable, hot flashes and the rest but there are ways to minimise the effects and be more comfortable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Horrible cramps light spotting... am I pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Is it possible to be pregnant, it's the due date for my period I had nausea and sore breasts but a negative hpt... I'm trying to conceive and I'm just so... hopful it is implantation bleeding..

Painful cramps [ 4 Answers ]

I have been getting large clots, when I get my period and the cramps feel more like contractions, rather than cramps and until I pass these large clots the pain does not go away. In facts I have to stop what I'm doing cause I can't moved and all I want to do is cry.:(

Very light period [ 1 Answers ]

A couple of years ago, while I was on the pill, my 3-4 day period suddenly decreased to a 1/2 - 1 day period, after my initial panic (and taking a pregnancy test just to make sure), I decided it wasn't that big of a deal. From that point on, my period has been extremely light - lasting maybe 1...

Painful period pain while on the pill [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there. I have just ended my first month's packet of the contraceptive pill and am currently on the one week break. For the first few days nothing really happened but then yesterday I got my "period". Since then I have had really really painful period pain and also I've been bleeding a lot more...

View more questions Search