Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    McQSki Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2007, 02:18 PM
    Can't get painters tape to stick
    I've been painting a floor cloth and all was going well until I tried to attach painter's tape to an already painted stripe(dry). I can't seem to get it to stick any suggestions?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2007, 02:27 PM
    Painter's tape does not stick well to cloth.

If you can get the painter's tape to stick to the extreme ends outside of the cloth, like the surface on which the cloth is lying, I would then use the tape like a straight edge. You will need to hold the tape down with your thumb and index finger beside where you are painting and then keep moving your thumb and index finger along as you paint.
    airbats-goku Posts: 220, Reputation: 16

Jul 6, 2007, 07:23 PM
    This may sound wild but try a test piece with a little rubber contact cement. The rubber cement gives you a crisp line that you paint cannot seep under. When you are done painting and the paint has dried you take a white eraser and rub the rubber cement off. Due to the nature of your substrate I am not sure about how safe the contact cement is though. Try a small swatch of the same material to check the absorption and removal of the contact cement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WIll she stick with me? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My Girlfreind had to move with her dad out of state yesterday.I am so confused about how my relationship with my girlfriend will turn out. She says she will wait for me at college. But I can't help but wonder if she will fall for another guy. She says she loves me and will wait for me. But...

Paint peeling from painters tape in new condo? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I purchased a condo in 2004 and was told it was painted with Benjamin Moore paint. Recently I decided to liven it up a bit, and so started replacing the "linen" with other more vibrant colors. When I did the downstairs bathroom, I had some issues when using the blue (Scotch 3M) painters...

USB stick not recognized [ 1 Answers ]

When I connect any USB stick to my PC , first it seems to be detected but afterwards a message 'Found new hardware' pops up, trying to recognize the stick but in vain. So?!

Peel and stick [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to put peel and stick on an already tiled floor. The tiling was well done so I don't want to tear it up. It's just ugly for my taste. How can I pull this off?

Should people stick to what they know? [ 22 Answers ]

Should people post in forums they know little about if others with good backgrounds are active there?

View more questions Search