Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lotz_of_Questions Posts: 179, Reputation: 17

Apr 23, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Is it possible that my bladder got smaller
    So I've noticed that for the last couple weeks I've been peeing like crazy. I don't drink as much water anymore cause if I do I wouldn't leave the restroom.

I used to pee about 4-5 times a day and it was larger amounts. Now I pee about ever hour and it's smaller amounts. It does not hurt when I urniate.

Is it possible that my bladder got smaller? How does this happen? Or what could this be? Should I not worry?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 23, 2007, 01:46 PM
    Your bladder could not have gotten smaller. This may be a symptom of a UTI either lower tract, but possibly upper tract.

Is there any chance of pregnancy?

You should make an appointment with your doctor for a urine analysis.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2007, 01:50 PM
    Needing to pee frequently is also a sign of diabetes.
    Expert

Apr 23, 2007, 01:56 PM
    Thanks, Em, I knew that but forgot. I am studying Gastrointestinal and Genitourinary. I forgot all about diabetes.

But yes, that is exactly right, especially if it is more at night (nocturia).
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2007, 01:57 PM
    All of the above points are very true... esp. the diabetes. Get to a doctor and ease your worries..

Apr 23, 2007, 01:57 PM
    What do you mean by upper tract or lower tract? I've had a urinary tract infection before and it hurts. I don't think that is it.

And I hope I am pregnant! :) Tomorrow my period is due. So I'm now crossing my fingers now that you mentioned it.

And the appointment with my doctor for the urine analysis, would this be like a pregnancy test? Or what will they do?

Thanks and got to go to the restroom. :)
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2007, 02:01 PM
    They may test for pregnancy, BTU most likely for other things like your protein levels and cell counts... read this article for more info...
    Urine Analysis: Health Topics: University of Iowa Health Care.

Apr 23, 2007, 02:11 PM
    Oh my. I hope it's not Diabetes. My grandpa has diabetes but I'm not sure what type so it does run in my family.

I serched the net and it says that ichy dry skin is a possible sign of diabetes, and I've been complaining about my arms because they are dry, I've never had dry skin before and it itches. Oh my I don't want to have diabetes.

I want to be pregnant instead. :( I heard from my co-workers that some get diabetes when they are pregnant. Is this true?

I'm worried now.
    Expert

Apr 23, 2007, 02:59 PM
    Lower tract would be your bladder, it definitely has signs and symptoms. Upper tract is the kidney and it is frequently asymptomatic, aside from low grade fever.

Diabetes is always a possibility. Understand that most diabetes, especially if caught early can be controlled with lifestyle changes. Such as diet and weight loss to name a few.

You already have familial history of diabetes, so it is important that you get this checked out.

In any case, it is very important you discuss this all with your doctor. If it is either a lower tract or upper tract urinary infection it must be treated with antibiotics. If it is diabetes, you want it to be detected in the early stages.
    Expert

Apr 23, 2007, 03:00 PM
    Yes, it is true that you can get diabetes while pregnant. It is called gestational diabetes and is cured by delivery, however it does put you in a high risk category for developing diabetes later in life.

In any case, please make an appointment with your doctor.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2007, 03:44 PM
    My diabetes was gone about 6 hours after delivery. The Dr. told me it would be waiting for me a menopause. I am so thrilled - not. However, it did get me off my butt and I have lost over 30 pounds and exercise 5 times a week. Diabetes can be controlled and it really doesn't have to cut into any of your fun.

I hope you are pregnant! Let us know, OK?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to save JPEG into smaller size of file... [ 1 Answers ]

Im using Corel and Adobe... I want to know how to export my work into a smaller size of JPEG file... cause I enccounter this when Im to upload a photo in a site... but it asking me to upload only 110 x 110 pixels and 15k... so I edit my 2 x 2 photo (300 DPI) using photoshop I try to reduce the...

Smaller Orbit [ 5 Answers ]

Suppose the Orbit of the Earth Were 5% Smaller (a = 0.95 au) than it is today (a = 1.0 au). What would happen??

Replacing a bladder tank [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 18 year old Perma Tank PAD 20. According to all the prior dialog on this site about pressure drops and short cycling, it sounds like I have a ruptured bladder. The tank clunks all the way to the top and water comes out the pressure valve. I'm pretty handy. Is a bladder tank something I...

Bladder [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering why I have a strong odor of urine. Im only 35 and I do the sanitary things to make sure I don't have the odor but its still there.I bathe twice daily. What's going on?

Bladder Stones [ 4 Answers ]

My Miniature Schnauzer has a bladder stone and is awaiting surgery (I have a popular vet with a tight schedule). I have been unable to reach him today and need to know if there is anything I can give her for pain from the spasms. She weighs 25 pounds. (I KNOW! She likes to eat!) If there is...

View more questions Search