Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iqi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2005, 09:19 AM
    Dyson DC04 belt keeps coming out!
    Hi,

My DC04's belt keeps coming out.

Also recently within a couple of months two belts have also snapped.

Can anyone advise why this is?

Thanks
    Iqi
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 24, 2005, 10:11 AM
    Does the brush or whatever it drives turn freely? Sometimes junk gets packed around it. The bearing could be dry. Check the alignment of the pulleys.
    R_O_B_S Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2005, 01:39 PM
    If you check the spindle/rod that comes out of the side of the motor to see if it is damaged, has chunkes missing, if you get some fine sand paper and sand it down all around , as sometimes the belts can brake if this rod/spindle is jagaged, or is unevenly wearing. Also check that the brush bar is seated properly.
    daveyboy123 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2011, 01:42 AM
    All can suggest is buy dyson belts only.make sure once fitted they are not to slack..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dyson hoover nightmare [ 2 Answers ]

Any ideas why my Dyson (upright) is not sucking up through the hose on the handle?:confused:

Dyson vacuum cleaner fault [ 5 Answers ]

Our Dyson DC01 vacuum cleaner has lost its suction. It goes, but will not pick up anything. Any suggestions please (no, not those types of suggestion!)??

Dyson Dc07 [ 24 Answers ]

I have a Dyson DC07. It won't pick anything up although the motor is working okay. I have cleared all the obvious areas and have washed the filter. Although after clearing these areas, it will pick up with very weak suction for a few minutes using the attachment, it then stops and I end up...

Dyson DC07 cuts out after a couple of minuites use [ 2 Answers ]

Hi guys, I'm hoping you can help me. My Dyson DC07 works very well, but after just a couple of minutes use it cuts out. I'm guessing it has something to do with the thermal cut-out, but what can I do about it? I've had it apart and can't find any blockages. Best regards, Rob

Dyson 04, not picking up properly. [ 1 Answers ]

My Dyson 04 is not picking up properly, unless I push the front down with my foot. As soon as I alter the angle of the handle it stops picking up again until I press down on the front again. The suction is great, the cyclone is turning, I have removed the baseplate and reassembled it. Grateful for...

View more questions Search