Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

Apr 23, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Can mental health ru in family
    My Ex keeps breaking up with me 6 times in 4.5 years and last 2-3 months. Her mom has mental problems and takes medication. When she is off medication she is wacko, thinks people are after her etc. My question is what % rate would it be that her daughter my ex would start to get symptoms of mental disease/Bi polar. Ex is 41 her mom in her 60's.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 23, 2007, 12:31 PM
    They definitely do run in families. But you can't predict it. I would say that she would have probably developed some prob, by now if she was going to. Bi/polar folks are very good at hiding it so it is possible she already does.
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2007, 12:42 PM
    Paranoia also accompanies schizophrenia. Schizophrenia usually appears during puberty and can be passed through heredity. People suffering with it can rationalize almost any behavior and can appear completely normal until their particular "problem area" gets tripped.

Apr 23, 2007, 12:48 PM
    With her when really mad she would be screaming at top of her lungs then minute later she was find. Always changing her mind on everything never satisfied. And I believe when she didn't get her way she was pissed.
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2007, 12:53 PM
    I get pissed when I don't get my way, sometimes.

Remember, the behavior she grew up with is something she considers normal. Although her mother may be certifiable, it is something she has been exposed to all her life.

Does she still live with her mother?

Apr 23, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Emland
    I get pissed when I don't get my way, sometimes.

Remember, the behavior she grew up with is something she considers normal. Although her mother may be certifiable, it is something she has been exposed to all her life.

Does she still live with her mother?
    Yes her mother lives with her, and she can't stand living with her. Ex said her mom gets on her nerves and they where always arguing. As years went on she starting getting argumentive with me but not as bad as her mom and her son. She did tell me that she grew up with foster parents. But told my unlce when we first started dating she didn't.
    HMMM makes me think now about hole relationship.
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2007, 01:20 PM
    She may have been embarrassed to tell your uncle she lived in foster care. Have to say, though, she doesn't sound completely rational.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mental health (dreams) [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, my boyfriend has a problem with dreams. I want to help him. For now all I need to know is what exactly dreaming with water or floating on waters means? This is a constant dream, actually a nightmare. He has also dream with fire, him burning in fire. And other times, him floating on air. ...

Mental Health [ 3 Answers ]

What causes teenage depression?

I need serious mental health [ 10 Answers ]

Before I get started I just want to say I'm not a pervert or sick in the head, I'm 20 and I'm starting to have feelings for a 13 year old, I'm just wondering how much pychiatric help I need because this shouln't be happening because it is very wrong Thanks

Mental and Emotional Health [ 3 Answers ]

We have just found out that my sister is suffering from this problem. She is 43 years old and a divorcée. This is causing a lot of emotional and mental problem at home. We have to be alert all the time. Our family members have stopped visiting us as they are scared she would steal their stuff...

Mental and emotional health during pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in my 9th week of pregnancy.As a child I used to Dream a lot... but since last few years I 've been Talking to myself in the day time or you can say anytime Rather than sleep... I feel it's a kind of say role Playing stuff. I'll think about some discussion going On & talk as all the...

View more questions Search