Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    question014 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2005, 12:40 AM
    Miss being young, only 18 years old
    I know this may sound incredibly wrong of me, but I want to express what I've been thinking. I'm only 18 years old, first year in college. Lately, I can't stop thinking how much I miss childhood. It's at the point that I think about it every day, and miss it incredibly. I live my life normally as an 18 year old, however anytime I see on television someone in middle school, read a comic book like Peanuts, see younger kids, see youth soccer games and such, I become incredibly aware that I'm older, and those days are over for me. I'm no longer a kid, and it's hard to realize that because, well, I've obviously been one for my whole life. I miss being a kid so much at times, I don't want to grow older. If this is how I feel at 18, I don't even want to imagine what it'll be like when I'm 20, 25, and even older. Is this abnormal at all? What can I do to stop missing my childhood? Funny thing, as a kid, no matter how much I couldn't do what I wanted, no matter how much I went through hard times, I always knew eventually I would miss childhood. Seems like now I do... shouldn't this only start to happen when I'm like, 30? I'm too young to already miss childhood, no? Am I completely crazy? Well, I think I've asked enough questions. I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on the matter. Thanks.
    Rechael Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2005, 07:33 PM
    How about the future
    It would be a wonderful experience to reminisce your childhood, but have you ever think of the future. What would be the future like after ten or even more years later.
    BattleAngel14745 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Apr 19, 2005, 07:04 AM
    Enjoy only being 18 because the harsh reality is it only gets worse. I'm only saying that because it's the God honest truth. Just wait until you have 10 million fu@king things that need to be done and you don't even have time to sit and think about how great it was being young.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 19, 2005, 08:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BattleAngel14745
    Enjoy only being 18 because the harsh reality is it only gets worse. I'm only saying that because it's the God honest truth. Just wait until you have 10 million fu@king things that need to be done and you don't even have time to sit and think about how great it was being young.
    That's your opinion. I'm 42, just had my second kid, and am loving it. Being 18 is tough but it's a part of what defines you. Enjoy the experiences and the challenges, just remember that "this too shall pass".
    turtlegirl Posts: 151, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2005, 08:36 AM
    Nah, life doesn't get harder or easier in general, although there will be spots of both. You're at college, new surroundings. I hated college and though I didn't long for childhood again, I longed for something ELSE. Maybe that's you. Now looking back I was probably in a situational depression. It's up and down.

I love thinking about me and my cousin took my Holly Hobbie lunchbox full of peanut butter sandwiches and lemonade for picnics in Maine when I was 5 or 6, but I also remember swinging in my backyard being really sad for no reason.

This too shall pass.
    mike145k Posts: 123, Reputation: -1
    -

Jul 7, 2005, 12:41 AM
    Until you become 21
    Ilisten I have connections what ever you want I will give to you.do no be in fear of the present,I know you miss being secure in that special way only a child can feel,perhaps your parents don't give you enough love anymore that's the whole problem you can not fool me I am full expert when it comes to problems, I am here to guide you to safety.I also see a boy who you like but do not go near him he is not good for you his name is tom or something like that.do not go out with any guy until you become 21.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jul 7, 2005, 05:38 AM
    Childhood
    Hi,
    Getting older means responsibility.
    You could be having thoughts about being on your own, sooner or later, being responsible for yourself and your life.
    As a child, these thoughts rarely came into our minds. We were carefree, not worrying about anything!
    Now, it's different. You will grow, learn how to cope, learn about life. Life is wonderful, and is what you make it.
    Best of luck, and don't worry,
    fredg
    shenda Posts: 160, Reputation: 21

Jul 7, 2005, 11:53 AM
    May I introduce you to you?
    As a child, I remember the comforts and security of home; knowing that All would be OK because I was never alone. I knew my parents had everything under control, but as a young adult, I was afraid to grow old. I did not know what tomorrow would bring because suddenly I had to introduce myself to me. You are free to choose, make decisions, set standards that will govern the rest of life. Do not be afraid... listen to your inner voice. Allow the child inside to live while embracing new found responsibilities and accountabilities. There exist a balance... I am sure you will discover it.
    Acaciaa7x Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2011, 01:30 AM
    Honestly, I feel the same way I'm 17. I do normal high school things but whenever I see a l;ittle kid I can't help but being sad, because if I were a little again that new kid would be my friend... We would hangout and draw on the side walk, try to play frisbee with anything round, just be friends. People wouldn't assume we were dating or having sex or any **** like that we would just be friends no questions asked. I hate it like there are so many rules to being older like, you have to look pretty to get a boy, you have to do naughty things with him to keep that boy, you have to get married and express why you love them. I think I just miss the simplicity of everything, you wouldn't have to schedule **** like it was just my mom dragged me to the park the same time your mom did, race you up the slide! I miss not having labels like oh that person doesn't like legos so lets call him a loner and not talk to him, because he doesn't like our legos? That would never ****in happeN! Want to know why ? Because kids don't give a ****... oh look that kid doesn't like legos... but he has green paint... lets mix legos and green paint and have a contest to see who can get the most green paint on eveything we touch! Right>? Ugh its bull****. What I wouldn't give to make everything complicated disappear... then I would be ultimatley happy... like when I was a little kid.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I miss my ex [ 7 Answers ]

:( helo! wel i was just wandering if i am ever going to get back with my ex boyfriend. i dumped him, over silly reasons, and he said he couldnt get back with me, and we finished for good. but i still so much in love with him. he has a new gf, but about 1 month ago, he said he still loved me. havent...

I really miss my ex [ 31 Answers ]

Ok, I was dating a guy for almost 2 years. He isn't my first love but my first proper relationship, physically and emotionally. For almost 2 years things were amazing, we had our fights, obviously, but I was always grateful of him, I could never believe my luck that I had him. However, we both did...

I miss them [ 2 Answers ]

I lost my grandchildren to a new family its so unfair that we can not have contact I understand they have a new life but what about us the grandparents does that sound selfish I miss them really bad:(

I miss him... [ 5 Answers ]

I dated him for about a year. (I later found out... )about the time he was going to propose I decided I needed to finish college, he left for the military to live out his dream. I didn't want to put myself or my career second for the rest of my life. It's now a year later. We've been emailing...

I miss him [ 4 Answers ]

Me and this guy have been talking kind of I don't really no if he likes me but I like him a lot me and him have been chillin together a lot too but I don't no what to do you see the last time I seen him was on Saturday... we got arrested thast night but they let us both go we were both in trouble...

View more questions Search