Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    197807 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2007, 07:26 AM
    He's playing with my emotions
    My ex-boyfriend just called me a few minutes ago to ask me if he could come to my house,thing is we stopped keeping contact a few months ago and now I'm going out with his friend and he knows about it cause he asked me about it, he asked me if I want to date this guy and I said yes thing is I still have feelings for him and now that we've officiallly broken up I have to say it really hurts. A part of me regrets braking it of with him but another part doesn't cause I think I like this new guy cause he really makes me feel loved. So do you think I was being stupid telling him that I want to date this new guy, do you think I've really lost him forever?
    sveltskye Posts: 37, Reputation: 5

Apr 29, 2007, 01:25 PM
    It wasn't stupid, it was just being honest. It also helps to show him that you've moved on and you have a life of your own that doesn't involve him. It's good to be independent after you've broken up, and if its meant to be then you'll get back together. But I think it's awesome that you like this new guy. You should enjoy your time with him now, and think about the reasons you broke up with the old guy. Is he worth sacrificing a potentially good new relationship for?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2007, 01:44 PM
    You were honest.

You need to let this ex know that you are on a break still and that you have every right to see other people. I think you need date this new guy and forget about the past.

Joe
    mozartrules Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2007, 05:38 PM
    Hi,

Well, I think one major thing you should read with your question... you said, "Do you think I've lost him forever?" that is really how you feel. The ambivalence with the new boy is normal... when we leave a relationship, it's always new and exciting with someone else...
    It makes us feel wanted and special, free of judgement, and it takes us to a place of fun..
    But if you still love your ex, you wouldn't have posted the question. I would say, no, you haven't lost him. In fact, he's reaching out to you, and is jealous that you are seeing his friend... if you want him back, tell him so. Make him feel like you want him, and he'll respond... if you are distant, he won't open up, and he'll feel like you're not interested... which if you are, will only frustrate you!

Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Playing detective [ 11 Answers ]

How do know a man in enjoying sex with me? A basic question yeah, but I really need to know.

Strange emotions [ 3 Answers ]

I have a very weird problem - I am overcome with a sort of negative emotion that I can't describe whenever I see a particular thing. Of the many things that will bring this on, some of the worst are the angle of the sunlight, certain old cars, tall trees, wood panneling, old houses, children,...

Dealing with Emotions [ 8 Answers ]

In a professional capacity, would you say it is okay to be "angry or emotional"?

Emotions overriding common sense [ 8 Answers ]

I've got this situation under control as of now. Thanks for your help, I greatly appreciate it!

View more questions Search