Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DustinBH Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2005, 09:53 PM
    Toilet sweating?
    I just painted my bathroom so I took off the toilet tank to get to the wall. I noticed the tank to bowl seal was in pretty bad shape so I replaced it. When I put it back on the left side on the bottom of the tank has condensation. It produces enough to have a very, very small drip (1/2-3/4 in a day if that). It does not do it anywhere else on the tank. I figured it might be the gasket for the tank bolts so I repleced them no luck. It doesn't look cracked so I am fresh out of ideas. Any help is appreciated.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 24, 2005, 06:32 AM
    Toilet sweating?
    Quote Originally Posted by DustinBH
    I just painted my bathroom so I took off the toilet tank to get to the wall. I noticed the tank to bowl seal was in pretty bad shape so I replaced it. When I put it back on the left side on the bottom of the tank has condensation. It produces enough to have a very, very small drip (1/2-3/4 in a day if that). It does not do it anywhere else on the tank. I figured it might be the gasket for the tank bolts so I repleced them no luck. It doesn't look cracked so I am fresh out of ideas. Any help is appreciated.
    Good morning Dustin,
    If it were condensation you would see moisture all over the front, sides. Back and bottom. The left hand bottom of the tank is where the supply hooks into the tank but the connection I would check first is the retaining nut that secures the ballcock. The next thing I would check is the supply connection itself. When you replaced the tank spud washer I think you might have disturbed the seal on the ballcock connection. Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alternative to sweating copper [ 10 Answers ]

Howdy, I was at the local big box store and saw something that called it self an alternative to sweating copper. It was a liquid called Just For Copper. Being a geek and interested in things that can make my home improvement life easier, I thought I would give it a try. Well, I am not...

Sweating & Always Hot [ 8 Answers ]

I'm a 57 years old male and on several medications, which are as follows. Amitriptyline, Lexapro, Klonopin, Atenolol, Lipitor, and Niacin. I know that Amitriptyline makes you sensitive to the sun and that Niacin can result in hot flashes. My problem started well before I was on any of these...

Duct is sweating [ 3 Answers ]

Hi guys. I have a heat pump/furnance unit and it has been working great but I have noticed in the past week that the duct attached to the furnance/blower in our garage is sweating a little bit. It has been very hot lately so I have a feeling that its just from the humidity it the garage, but do you...

Sweating <-> Losing Fat [ 5 Answers ]

I want to know in which ways do these things affect losing body fat... - sweating because you're in a sauna, not doing anything - working out hard in a cold room, which would prevent sweating - working out (easily) in a room with high temperature... in a way that room temperature aids...

Compression Vs Sweating [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all! I need to replace a 1/2 dozen frozen valves in my basement that control water feeds up to 1st and 2nd floor bathrooms and kitchens. The current valves are sweat on. I am not that confident in sweating. Most of the lines are 1/2" one is 3/4". Can I remove these and replace with...

View more questions Search