Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thinker666 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 08:47 PM
    Uni Problems
    Hey all
    This is the first time I have used this so I guess I will see how it works..
    I have just started my first year of uni and it is really not what I expected. I hate going to all of my classes, I have only met a few people and the uni is an hour and a half away from where I live so it is a completely different surrounding for me (my home being rural and where I live now being a lot more city). I do not no what to do because I no that I can not drop out because I need uni to get into my chosen profession (I want to be a seccondary teacher). Can anyone give me some advice... please
    Thanks
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Apr 23, 2007, 02:27 PM
    My advice is simple: Keep your eye on the prize.

You know what it is you want to do, and you seem to know what you need to do in order to achieve that goal. Rather than dwell on how you loathe the classes, I would try a little harder to seek some value from them... or at least from your classmates that attend with you.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2007, 04:22 AM
    I hated my first year classes but they picked up in the preceding years -perhaps the same will happen for you. Have you tried joining any societies - it'll help you meet some new people and get a better experience of uni life.

What subjects are you doing? Can you change any modules you don't like as much, is there much flexibility? If you still really hate it is it possible to change universities to one more rural- they are not all in big cities.

Failing that just do what phillysteak says and stick it out - it's not that long really - and you get to go home for the summer.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 24, 2007, 05:06 AM
    If you know what you want to do, and realise this is the way to go to get it, then don't quit. Hang in there and you will get familiar with the school and people, and the classes. Push yourself to do well. It will get easier as you go. It does take adjustments, but you will learn. Much Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat problems or furnace problems [ 22 Answers ]

Is it possible that a thermostat operates correct all the time except when it reaches the temperature that is set doesn't maintain that temperature?:D I noticed that actually that thermostat gives a signal to the furnace but furnace doesn't turn on but that happens only when thermostat needs to...

Having problems [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I was hoping someone might be able to help me. I am using a wireless connection and I am having major problems with it staying connected, I used it on my old laptop and it was very stable and rarely fell over but now it will only stay connected for a few minutes- anyone have any ideas on...

CD RW Problems [ 7 Answers ]

I have an Advent 7003 Laptop and can't get the CD RW Writer to write. It was quite expensive (£1,500) and is only a year and a half old! I have had problems getting it to write to CD's from the beginning. I have been told by friends that I need to buy a specific kind of Blank CD, so I've...

Choosing the right uni course [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have just received my A level results (qualifications that lead to university for those non-UK people out there) and they were not what I had expected. I got BBC bit needed to get AAB to secure my place to do Optometry at Cardiff University. I am going to retake my A levels to get the right...

View more questions Search