Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taeshawn Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Apr 22, 2007, 08:46 PM
    19 with 29yr old boyfrend
    I'm 19yrs old and I finished high school, my boyfrend is 29. Our relationship seems pretty normal like any other. I'm very happy with him but my frenz always tell me that I'm dumb to think I'm the only one because why would a man that age commit to someone who barely just left high school? Are they right??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 22, 2007, 09:13 PM
    You are getting closer where the age does not matter, a man 10 years older is not that uncommon, I am 10 years older than my wife,

It is just worst as you were younger, He was in grade school when you were born, he was graduating high school when you were in grade school. And so on, at you 30 and he is 40, no one even blinks twice
    Emily94 Posts: 1,129, Reputation: 64
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2007, 10:02 AM
    Do u like him?
    Is he kind?
    Is he sweet?
    Do u like being around him?
    If you said yes to most or all of these questions then it shouldn't matter what your friends think or about the age because don't let one go that you know you will regret!
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 23, 2007, 10:11 AM
    Yes, I don't think that's fair to generalize him like that. It's about what you think.
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2007, 10:14 AM
    I am with Fr. Chuck on this. I am 9 years younger than my husband. But that does not make him love me any less. As time goes by the age gap becomes less and less important. Follow your heart.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 23, 2007, 11:00 AM
    My question is how long have you been with him and whether you have been intimate. If you only started dating recently, then I don't see a problem. But if you have been dating for 3 or more years and have been intimate for that time, alarm bells go off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search