Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenthehen Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 06:44 PM
    What am I waiting for?
    Married for six years with no kids. I don't feel the love for my husband that I feel for my best friend now. Not sure if I ever have. I feel like I forced sex on my friend, I told him I loved him and he loves me, and every day I'm with my husband I know it hurts him. I don't want to continue my marriage anymore but I suppose I fear the outcome if I get a divorce. I know I can't live with my husband forever, and I know I don't want to. We feel like roomates, we married because we were lonely, I've had an affair, what am I waiting for? I've never opened up to my husband emotionally but I can open up to my friends. I fear him, but we have fun. I don't care if my husband has sex with other women, but I get jealous if my friend does. My husband and I have a dead sex life, my friend and I are amazing together. I don't want kids with my husband. EVER. But with my friend I can see us having kids. I dress up for my friend, but not my husband. I have more fun without my husband. I want a divorce, what am I waiting for? :confused:
    He_comes_with_baggage Posts: 36, Reputation: 2

Apr 22, 2007, 06:51 PM
    I don't know what you are waiting for. I think there most be something holding you back maybe its just you don't want to have to actually tell him you want a divorce maybe your scared to?
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2007, 07:01 PM
    You probably know that your friend is NOT the one either.

Didi

Apr 22, 2007, 07:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by He_comes_with_baggage
    I dunno what you are waiting for. I think there most be something holding you back maybe its just you don't want to have to actually tell him you want a divorce maybe your scared to?
    I am scared to. Shouldn't anyone be afraid of divorce?

Apr 22, 2007, 07:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by grammadidi
    You probably know that your friend is NOT the one either.

Didi
    Whether he is the one or not, I realize my husband isn't either.
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2007, 07:11 PM
    What is it about divorce that scares you? You don't have a marriage. It doesn't even sound like you a have any connection at all with him? Why did you marry him? Is there anything there worth fighting for... saving... improving??

Didi

Apr 22, 2007, 07:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by grammadidi
    What is it about divorce that scares you? You don't have a marriage. It doesn't even sound like you a have any connection at all with him? Why did you marry him? Is there anything there worth fighting for... saving... improving???

Didi
    I am afraid of being alone. He was there when my father passed and I loved my father so much, and I suppose that is what I love about him, but I know that's not an excuse. I married him out of loneliness and I thought he was cheating on me, and wanted him to myself. I don't want to be married but I don't know how to put it.
    Ultra Member

Apr 22, 2007, 07:31 PM
    It sounds to me that you could really benefit from some counseling... first on your own, and once you figure things out some couple's counseling with him. A good therapist can either help you make it work, or help it end in a positive way.

Didi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Waiting for marriage? [ 6 Answers ]

Is waiting to have sex for marriage simply a religious restraint? It seems like nearly everyone my age is having pre-marital sex except me. I'm not going to do it just because the next person does. Wondering if anyone has insight about why this is.

Is waiting to long bad? [ 2 Answers ]

OK... hmmm having trouble to start but ill try my best. Well my girlfriend now is upset and confused right now and of course its because of me. We started talking about two ago and I finally got with her this past October. Well she tells me that for the whole two years she gave a lot and when its...

Is waiting it out all you can do? [ 10 Answers ]

Hey guys, well I'm pretty new to this. But I've been reading and thought I would get your guys advice. My girlfriend of nine months started acting a little distant towards me about 2 weeks before we broke up at the first of December. Everything was going smooth for the first nine months, a...

Waiting to be a bride [ 10 Answers ]

I have been with iain for 4 years now... 4 of them he was married for... we finally finalized the divorce... how long should I give him to make a commitment to me... should I wait and give him a breather, or expect a band.

View more questions Search