Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shnrgrl Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 05:26 PM
    Screened gazebo
    We would like to enjoy our deck without the pesky insects, so we thought a screened in gazebo would be the answer. We were going to screw it down onto our deck, along with anchoring the walls wherever possible, but now we hear they are only to be used for shade purposes, and should be taken down if there is bad weather ahead. If the gazebo is fastened down to the deck, isn't that safe enough? Who takes their gazebo down each time bad weather is in the forecast? Any advise will surely be appreciated. Thanks. [email protected]
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2007, 12:02 AM
    It does depend on how sturdy the gazebo is and what it is made of.

But, if you are going to be fastening it down, then I don't see why there would be any problem in leaving it up.

If the bottom is made of metal, then you should be able to clamp it to your deck.

If the bottom is made of wood, then I would do the following.

I would use carriage bolts to fasten it down if you can get under the deck to put the nuts on them. Or, lag screws if you can't get under the deck.

There is also the possibility that you could reinforce the gazebo from the inside of it, if it might be in danger of collapsing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blue screened & began one continuous beep [ 4 Answers ]

Desktop went to Blue screen & began one continuous UNSTOPPABLE beep. Removed the hard drive and tested it in an external drive case with my laptop, it's fine. Reinstalled it and got the BLUE-DEATH and BEEEEEEEEPPP again :mad: Any opinions about what went wrong?

Adding a screened porch/room [ 3 Answers ]

My husband & I are considering a screened porch to be attached (that's probably the only kind) to the house where there is a 10ft.x 18ft slab. It will be on the small side then, with a height just shy of 8ft. We are differing on the approx. cost. Before I call any companies... would anyone know...

Creating arched frames for screened porch? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a screened porch that has 3 arched frames that need replacing. They were made with 2x2 lumber originally and are literally falling apart. What is the best way to recreate these and the best way to attach these? It is a brick home and the porch arches are brick as well. The floor of the...

View more questions Search