Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2024, 03:04 AM
    NPR the truth shall set you free
    NPR editor Uri Beliner has resigned from NPR . They have a policy that does not allow employees to publish at other outlets He broke the policy by posting a 3,000 word brutal essay about NPR in 'Free Press' Berliner wrote that NPR’s newsroom had lost its culture of open-mindedness and no longer offered a diversity of viewpoints.

Today, those who listen to NPR or read its coverage online find something different: the distilled worldview of a very small segment of the U.S. population.
    If you are conservative, you will read this and say, duh, it’s always been this way.
    But it hasn’t.
    I’ve Been at NPR for 25 Years. Here’s How We Lost America’s Trust. | The Free Press (thefp.com)

He said that NPR has a hopelessly biased liberal bent . NPR suspended him without pay. So he resigned posting his resignation on Twitter (X)

Uri Berliner on X: "My resignation letter to NPR CEO @krmaher https://t.co/0hafVbcZAK" / X (twitter.com)

He complains about the new CEO of NPR ;and he has a point.

Here she explains why the truth gets in the way.

NPR's CEO believes that truth is subjective and the pursuit of truth can get in the way (youtube.com)

Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.
    Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? (John 18 37-38)

To NPR CEO Katherine Maher truth is the inconvenience.

But it is not just NPR . The liberal press went apoplectic when NBC hired former RNC Chair Ronna McDaniel .MSNBC faced an internal mutiny over the hiring . So much for that diversity part of DEI . Diversity of opinion is not tolerated .

Ronna McDaniel Is Out at NBC News After Furor - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

In his resignation Berliner states he opposed defunding NPR . But why should US taxpayers fund one sided biased news ?

Berliner is right in that it wasn't always so. The news here is not that they have become biased as much as the extent that they will go to purge staff who don't toe the party line.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 18, 2024, 06:24 AM
    NPR’s newsroom had lost its culture of open-mindedness and no longer offered a diversity of viewpoints.
    Considering the fact that NPR has been a liberal mouthpiece for decades, how would that news be shocking to anyone? You have to wonder how left wing Berliner has to be to only recently begin to notice these things.

Want to balance the budget? Begin by eliminating all funding for NPR.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 20, 2024, 02:03 PM
    Bill Maher Issues Wake-Up Call to All Democrats Who Think the NPR Story Is Not a Big Deal (youtube.com)

"NPR is to them [Republicans] what this country would be if it was a permanent democratic governorship.""Of the 87 people working in editorial positions there, 87 are Democrats. Even if you're a Democrat, you can't think this is good."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The TRUTH is out there... [ 31 Answers ]

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58990330 Wonder if it will be anything like his previous blog.

Is there such a thing as FREE people finder free search free results [ 4 Answers ]

Or free address, phone or email search

Is this truth About the you.S.A? [ 9 Answers ]

“Everybody knows - but no one wants to say - that the Democratic Party has become the party of special interest bigots and racial dividers. It runs the one-party state that controls public services in every major inner city, including the corrupt and failing school systems in which half the...

Tell the truth? [ 1 Answers ]

My exbf broke up with me in early Dec. We live an hour away, he hadn't had a GF since his last 3 years ago and thoguht he was ready. Well he wasn't. Said wanted to keep in touch hang out occasionally and if it works out get back together eventually.. Well since then we have hung out a few time...

View more questions Search