Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2024, 05:06 AM
    Eliminating the private insurance choice
    That has been the Dem's goal for ages. Obamacare was an intermediary step in that direction steering people into Medicaid.

Now Clueless Joe is whittling away at private coverage choice in Medicare.

Medicare Advantage ;or Medicare Part C has private insurance companies offering expanded coverage to Medicare recipients. They typically have lower out of pocket choice than traditional Medicare and may offer additional benefits. Members receive care from providers in their network, and to obtain referrals. They have become increasingly popular ;especially with lower income folks . They offer things traditional Medicare doesn't cover like dental and vision. They grew in popularity even after "Affordable Care Act" (ACA) aka Obamacare ;which was supposed to replace private insurance.

Critics of the program complain that a patient is too dependent on the process of referral and other red tape issues that may slow down access to needed care . They have a point. But at the same time they weed out unnecessary care which happens all too often under traditional Medicare. They also complain of alleged fraud and abuse in hospice care . I suspect fraud and abuse is rampant throughout all medical insurance programs private and public. Of course that needs to be addressed.

Bottom line is that if seniors did not like them ;they would not be growing in popularity

Clueless Joe and the progressive puppet masters doesn't like them. They dislike private competition with the nanny state . They want them gone.
    How will they do this ? By reducing Medicare payouts to the plans.

Originally they planned a 2% reduction .But after push back they settled for 1.1% reductions ;with more cuts to come next year
    US softens cut to Medicare Advantage 2024 payments | Reuters
    CMS finalizes 2025 Medicare Advantage rates (beckerspayer.com)

This comes at a time of increases in medical costs.

Medicare Advantage members could see $396 benefit cut in 2025 (beckerspayer.com)

Providers will be forced to reduce benefits.

Part of the reason that the cut this year was reduced was that in an election year ;the politicians in the swamp recognize the electoral risk.

Senate-Medicare-Advantage-Call-Letter-CY25_Final.pdf (bettermedicarealliance.org)

Typically insurance companies notify enrollees about rate changes in the fall ; a few weeks before the elections .

But you know how it goes. These cuts are needed to offset $billions that will be used for unconstitutional student loan debt forgiveness ;that SCOTUS already forbid. .

Check out some similar questions!

Can someone's private insurance sue,after my insurance settled with rentals insurer? [ 3 Answers ]

I was in a accident in 2006 in California and I was at-fault. Woman at a red light turning right began to merge as she had plenty of time and space. She then stopped for some reason, as I began to attempt to merge looking over my left shoulder and saw a still safe opening I started to go and...

First year choice, residents choice [ 5 Answers ]

I saw a similar question, but since my situation is a little different, I would like to be sure please. I was on H1-B from 2005 to February 2008. I then switched to F1 and was on F1 until end September 2009, when I went back to H1-B. Under substantial presence test, I was a resident for 2008...

Obama statement about vets' private health insurance - t or f? [ 1 Answers ]

The following message was forwarded to me. I want to know if this reported 'quote' was actually made by Obama. It doesn't sound like something he would say. I have tried to research it but have had no success. Thank you in advance for your help. Bad press, including major mockery of the plan by...

Should I file for s.s. Disability when I have private long-term disability insurance? [ 1 Answers ]

I will shortly begin collecting private long-term diability insurance to the tune of 60% of my former salary. Can I still apply for social security disability? If I do, would either or both of these be decreased?

No insurance on private property. [ 1 Answers ]

I rented a moving truck, at time of rental I purchased insurance through the rental agency. I was involved in an accident at a gas station in Ohio. I was making a right turn out of the station and I had my right turn signal on. This guy pulls up on my right side, in my blind spot. I did not see...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.