Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2024, 04:33 AM
    The war you haven't heard about
    For a year the Sudan Army has been in a fight with a paramilitary force called 'Rapid Support Forces' (RSF)
    From last year's report

Human Rights Watch described its forces as “men with no mercy”.
    Sudan unrest: What are the Rapid Support Forces? | News | Al Jazeera

The army and RSF had been in a fragile partnership after toppling a civilian government in an October 2021 coup, a move that derailed a transition from the rule of Islamist autocrat Omar al-Bashir, who was ousted amid a popular uprising in 2019.
    The rivalry between the two sides burst into the open over an internationally backed plan that would have launched a new transition with civilian parties and was due to be sealed just before the war broke out.
    Why is Sudan still at war a year on? | Reuters

The dispute is integrating the RSF into the regular army.

This happened in Israel during the forming of the nation. But that bloody crisis lasted only 3 days and did not get civilians in the crosshairs.

“Jews Shooting Jews”: A Look Back at the Days of the Altalena Affair (nli.org.il)

In Sudan more than 8.5 million civilians have been driven from their homes creating a refugee crisis .

Sudan's uprooted millions pay price for year-long war | Reuters

Check out some similar questions!

Haven't heard from my boyfriend... what should I do? [ 10 Answers ]

So everything was going along like normal. I was texting my boyfriend Tuesday night around 6:30 and he said that he would call me when he got home from work. He was finishing things up at work and said that he should be home in the next hour. I knew that he might just get home and fall asleep...

He told me he loved me-now I haven't heard from him for 2 weeks [ 5 Answers ]

I have been seeing my lover for 4 years (LDR). He gave me a beautiful ring that he had specially made for me, for a Christmas present-not an engagement ring, needless to say. Two weeks later, he told me (first) that he loved me and that I had his heart. I resonded telling him that I loved him. It...

I haven't heard from him [ 21 Answers ]

So I met this so called lovely guy. We took our kids out on our first date and had a ball. We talked on the phone like 5 times a day and saw each other a few times a week. He lived with his house mate (who was a girl) and every now and then they would mess around. They only did it once whilst I...

Hello everyone my ? My boyfriend and I split up I haven't heard from him [ 15 Answers ]

Hello I'm new to this so please bare with me.. my boyfriend and I split I haven't heard from him only on my voice mail he asked me for prayer I no he is not the strongest person I'm hoping he is OK

Haven't heard from boyfriend [ 11 Answers ]

I'm prob. Worried for no reason but I haven't talked to my boyfriend since before he went into work this morning. He usually calls me in the evening or he will get online and we talk on instant messager. We have only been together for a month but this is the first day this has happened.. I know he...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.