Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 10, 2024, 11:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Unanswered question: What justification is there for killing another human being?
    Ask gun owners that question.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2024, 12:31 PM
    But I was asking you (three times!), and you have no answer. That's really too bad. As is frequently the case, when a pro-abortionist sees a question which he/she recognizes as being dangerous, they avoid it, or at least that has been my experience in dealing with them.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 10, 2024, 12:45 PM
    But I was asking you (three times!), and you have no answer. That's really too bad. As is frequently the case, when a pro-abortionist sees a question which he/she recognizes as being dangerous, they avoid it, or at least that has been my experience in dealing with them.
    I am NOT !!!! a pro-abortionist. I told you earlier that, as a professional counselor, I helped pregnant female clients resolve their emotional/mental/social/relationship need for an abortion.

Please stop spitting on me!!!
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2024, 12:52 PM
    How strange. I did not say in my post that you were pro-abortion, and yet you felt the description applied to you. Wonder why?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 10, 2024, 12:56 PM
    How strange. I did not say in my post that you were pro-abortion, and yet you felt the description applied to you. Wonder why?
    "No answer" implies I'm all for abortion "YAY abortion!"???

You just won't let go, will you.
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2024, 01:01 PM
    You have judged yourself guilty. That was not my decision. And as if to emphasize your assessment, you STILL refuse to answer. Looks like a duck...quacks like a duck?? I'll let you decide.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 10, 2024, 01:35 PM
    You have judged yourself guilty. That was not my decision. And as if to emphasize your assessment, you STILL refuse to answer. Looks like a duck...quacks like a duck?? I'll let you decide.
    Again, I say --

I am NOT !!!! a pro-abortionist. I told you earlier that, as a professional counselor, I helped pregnant female clients resolve their emotional/mental/social/relationship need for an abortion.
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2024, 01:44 PM
    I can only say that I have never, ever seen you take any kind of principled stand against abortion here, and even now you will not answer a question you evidently view as dangerous to whatever your position is. But I am perfectly happy to accept your claim as being "not something", though I'm not sure what that leaves you in terms of being "pro-something". And I can't imagine why you care one way or the other on abortion since, as you have repeatedly stated, you don't view the unborn as having souls. If unborn children have no souls, then who cares what happens to them?

It's really a very simple and yet profoundly important question. What justification is there for killing another human being?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2024, 02:14 PM
    Today Arizona's Supreme court said that a 160 year old law banning virtually all abortions in the state is enforceable.
    Constitutional law says that a law is constitutional until SCOTUS says it isn't , In the case of Arizona ;the law was nullified with Roe.

When SCOTUS reversed their Roe decision the Arizona law became the current law since Arizona never attempted to revise it.

All the Arizona Supreme Court was confirm that the old law was again the law of the land. It clearly said that it was up to the Arizona legislature to change the law.

Here is the breakdown in Arizona . The Dems control the Guv ;the Att General and the Repubs control both houses of the legislature.

The Guv is sitting back like the cat that ate the canary. The ball is in the legislature's court. Do they weaken the law by allowing abortion in 6 or 15 weeks ;and look like hypocrites ? Or do they leave the law as is and give the Dems a huge campaign issue ? The Dems are going to exploit the current law for all it is worth.

There’s no state that political pundits will be watching more closely this fall than Arizona. Voters in one of the nation’s biggest electoral battlegrounds are set to determine the outcome of a tossup Senate race, a pair of close congressional seats, and the winner of its 11 Electoral College votes—and now a recent court ruling has ensured abortion will be an animating issue at the ballot box.
    Arizona Just Became the Most Important State in 2024 Politics | TIME

Some Arizona Republicans who had previously voted to support abortion restrictions or give legal protection to fetuses abruptly shifted course on Tuesday concerning the 1864 law, and called for a repeal or some other legislative fix.
    Arizona Republicans Thwart Attempts to Repeal 1864 Abortion Ban - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 10, 2024, 02:22 PM
    It's really a very simple and yet profoundly important question. What justification is there for killing another human being?
    NONE!!! So please take away all the guns!
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2024, 02:27 PM
    None? So self-defense does not justify taking another person's life?

Guns? How about knives? How about crowbars? How about cars? No more use of dynamite?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 10, 2024, 03:17 PM
    None? So self-defense does not justify taking another person's life?
    Read the newspaper! Watch the news! The number of "casual" shootings/killings are enormous!

Guns? How about knives? How about crowbars? How about cars? No more use of dynamite?
    Let's start with GUNS! Or will that mess up your masculinity?
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2024, 04:03 PM
    Read the newspaper! Watch the news! The number of "casual" shootings/killings are enormous!
    and you think more abortions will fix that ?

It is the same disregard for the value of life that is the cause of the number of abortions and killings.
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2024, 04:14 PM
    Since you acknowledge no acceptable reasons to take a human life, then you would have to regard all abortions as wrong and thus be in favor of abortion bans. Strangely, that is not the case with you. Hmmm.

Let's start with GUNS! Or will that mess up your masculinity?
    You would take guns away from law-abiding people and leave them in the hands of criminals. What a plan.

It is the same disregard for the value of life that is the cause of the number of abortions and killings.
    Exactly correct. The person who wants to ban guns does not want to ban abortions. That's quite a moral dilemma.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 10, 2024, 04:49 PM
    Since you acknowledge no acceptable reasons to take a human life, then you would have to regard all abortions as wrong and thus be in favor of abortion bans. Strangely, that is not the case with you. Hmmm.
    I have said twice this evening I am not a pro-abortionist. Sometimes an abortion is necessary. Do you understand what that means?

An acceptable reason for an abortion would be that the fetus has no head or brain or other vital body part.
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2024, 05:54 PM
    So you would be in favor of a law limiting abortions to only those extreme circumstances. Great! We agree. -
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2024, 04:17 AM
    Repubs in AZ really want to lose.

While Trump and Kari Lake are trying to minimize the damage of the AZ Supreme Courts ruling ; the Repubs in the legislature blocked an attempt to rewrite the law .

They are probably right in giving it a pause to calm people down. The Dems during the session were acting like a bunch of children harassing Repubs and chanting "shame shame" .

I don't believe it is their intention to let the law stand as is. They should say so unambiguously.

Clueless Joe's campaign has dispatched Kam the Sham to Az. to see what political advantage they can gain on the issue. She had an official VP trip scheduled stop in AZ . They moved up the date and made it a campaign stop so she could hammer away at Trump.
    Trump is hoping his statement on state's power will dilute direct attacks on him .
    Ultra Member

Apr 11, 2024, 04:28 AM
    Meanwhile the Dems position is so extreme that they can't even find it in them to protect babies who survive abortion attempts.

Born Alive Act: Senators fail to pass a "born-alive" bill as anti-abortion advocates reignite "late-term" abortion debate - CBS News
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2024, 05:30 AM
    There is no moral foundation to the dems' position on abortion. The basic plea is that a woman should be able to control her own body, but that doesn't pass the "real world" test. In the real world, women cannot sell their body organs, they cannot kill their own body, and they cannot use their body to profit from sex (in most places), so there is no unlimited right to do as you please with your body. And that's not to consider that an unborn child is not truly a part of the mother's body. It is completely different genetically and is even the opposite gender half of the time. It is neither a "worthless thief" nor a "thing". It is in every respect a human being.

It all comes down to, "Vote for me, and I'll let you have your unborn child killed."
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2024, 05:35 AM
    The whole point of ' my body my choice' has been sadly conceded in this country ;and perhaps all of the western world. The transformer movement proves that .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump's evolving abortion positions [ 3 Answers ]

1999 he was "very pro-choice" Trump in 1999: ‘I am Very Pro-Choice’ (nbcnews.com) 2011 when he first considered running as a Repub for President he declared he was pro-life 2016 he said women who get abortions should be punished. The next day he backtracked and said it was doctors who...

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

I had an abortion a month from today and I had sex a week after the abortion could I [ 3 Answers ]

I had an abortiona month ago and had sex a week after the abortion and still have not had a period yet. But I have been having abdominal cramps and milky discharge and I am just wondering if I may be pregnant again.

View more questions Search