Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 8, 2024, 05:54 AM
    Our VP struggles a bit.
    VP Harris recently declared that the poor ole women's basketball teams in the NCAA tourney were not allowed to have brackets until a couple of years ago. She assured us this was a "bit of a history lesson."

"Do you know — OK, a bit of a history lesson — do you know that the women’s teams were not allowed to have brackets until 2022?"
    Turns out she was only off by about forty years. The women's national tourney started in 82. I wonder how she thinks the tournament was organized during those 40 years without brackets. Does she think they just used a coin toss?

Vice President Kamala Harris wrongly claims NCAA women's tournament was excluded from brackets until 2022
    Uber Member

Apr 9, 2024, 05:59 AM
    They had to give her something new now that she has that southern border thingie under control.
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2024, 04:54 AM
    Not to be outdone, Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, evidently the resident science expert in Congress, told a group of no-doubt incredulous high school students the following.

"You’ve heard the word ‘full moon,’ Sometimes, you need to take the opportunity just to come out and see a full moon is that complete-rounded circle, which is made up mostly of gases. And that’s why the question is: Why or how could we as humans live on the moon? Are the gases such that we could do that?"

She went on to detail the stunning news that, "The sun is a mighty powerful heat, but it’s almost impossible to go near the sun. The moon is more manageable."

And then there was this perplexing explanation of a total solar eclipse. "What you will see today will be the closest distance that the moon has ever been in the last 20 years, which means that’s why they will shut the light down, because they will be close to the Earth, which is an amazing experience," Jackson Lee said in a live video clip posted to her X account. "You will be able to tell because there will be complete darkness."

She concluded by making what was, I suppose, an official federal announcement that the moon is now considered to be a planet. "That’s another planet which we’re going to see shortly."

Not willing to simply accept responsibility for her ignorance, she then decided it all had to be someone else's fault. On X she claimed, "Obviously I misspoke and meant to say the sun, but as usual, Republicans are focused on stupid things instead of stuff that really matters." Except that her claim is "obviously" untrue.

It bears repeating. If you let someone talk long enough, you'll find out some things.

Spaced out: Sheila Jackson Lee tells Texas students 'planet' moon is 'made up of mostly of gases' | Fox News
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2024, 05:06 AM
    Sheila did you know the moon is actually more useful than the sun, since the moon gives us light at night, when it's dark. The sun only gives us light in the day, when it's already bright.
    Uber Member

Apr 10, 2024, 05:42 AM
    Sounds like an AOC original!! Alas, it seems to be original to no one.
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2024, 06:24 AM
    There's a bunch of them . A Green Party NJ Senate candidate blamed the recent earthquake there on climate change,

She later deleted her Twitter X post

Ben Owen on X: "NJ Senate Candidate Christina Khalil Deletes Her Post Blaming ‘Climate Crisis’ for the Northeastern Earthquake https://t.co/1OhN7amapO" / X (twitter.com)

Uber Member

Apr 10, 2024, 06:21 PM
    Rep. Lee, not content with demonstrating her ignorance of science, has decided to add lying to her list of offenses. Now bear in mind that she was once the leader of the House Science Committee’s space subcommittee. How scary is that?

At any rate, in her attempt to make someone else look foolish, she clearly either lied or has become unspeakably confused. After saying, "Sometimes, you need to take the opportunity just to come out and see a full moon is that complete rounded circle which is made up mostly of gases, and that’s why the question is why or how could we as humans live on the Moon? Are the gases such that we could do that," she is now contending that she misspoke and was actually speaking of the sun. Really? Then she was asking about the feasibility of "we as humans" being able to live on the SUN???

And yet again, if you let a person speak long enough, the truth will come out.
    Ultra Member

Apr 14, 2024, 04:31 AM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Explain how Pi struggles through all the odds [ 1 Answers ]

hints:- flotation sound whistle solar stills marine animals as food island covered with algae

My 96 bmw 318ti struggles to start [ 1 Answers ]

I had the starter replaced and that was not the problem. When I turn it over it makes a squealing noise and only starts half of the time. Any ideas? Help!

Ac fan moter downstairs struggles [ 2 Answers ]

Hello and sorry if this question is confusing. I'm desperate for a possible way to fix this problem without forking out the bucks now. We moved into our house in 2001 and the trane ac downstairs was brand new. It had always worked fine until last year when it started to blow very little cool...

Blower motor intermittently struggles to come on [ 1 Answers ]

Hey Folks I know this a rather common issue, but there are several variations on it that make me unsure which way to turn. I have a Bryant furnace (6 years old) and the original blower motor was replaced, along with the fan wheel, about 2 years ago. Now I get this intermittent issue of it not...

View more questions Search