Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2024, 03:24 AM
    Lawfare what a joke
    If they were compelled to tell the truth ;Dems would admit that the real purpose of the lawfare campaign against Trump is not about justice as much as they want Trump politically defeated . A conviction or 2 could peel away some of Trump's support . In a close election that could make a difference. Trump also is forced to divide his time and resources between the campaign and the court room.

So far the most effective lawfare efforts have been the financial ones. A combination of actions in NY have resulted in Trump being liable for over a $ half billion. NY's law requires him to surrender the funds BEFORE he can appeal ( 8th Amendment .....Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed )

Even Trump does not have $500,000 cash in his pockets . So he is scrambling to find a way to secure a bond. The prosecutor is salivating at the prospect of seizing some of Trump's real estate assets.

So Clueless Joe goes to the Gridiron Club * where there is an annual dinner attended by politicians ;media talking heads and writers of the compliant press ,and other swamp critters .
    (*the oldest journal industry organization in DC ;their annual dinner is an annual get together where they recognize each other and yuck it up in a generally good natured roast ).

Clueless Joe attended . When the subject of their lawfare campaign against Trump (which the compliant press eagerly promotes )

And no swamp gathering is complete without taking shots at Trump

Here is some of Joe's comment

Our big plan to cancel student debt doesn’t apply to everyone. Just yesterday, a defeated-looking man came up to me and said, “I’m being crushed by debt. I’m completely wiped out.” I said, “Sorry, Donald, I can’t help you.” (Laughter and applause.)
    Remarks by President Biden at the Gridiron Club and Foundation Dinner (March 16,2024) | The White House

Hidden in the remark is Joe's recognition of how well the lawfare campaign is working . The fact that he trails in the polls becomes less of a concern if Trump can be eliminated before election day.

We know this effort is being orchestrated from the White House.
    The Slimes April 2022 reported that Joe communicated his marching orders to AG Garland .

“And while the president has never communicated his frustrations directly to Mr Garland, he has said privately that he wanted Mr Garland to act less like a ponderous judge and more like a prosecutor "

Why the Jan. 6 Investigation Is a Test for Biden and Merrick Garland - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Biden has privately said Trump should be prosecuted: Report | The Independent (the-independent.com)

Frustration within the White House at Garland has been growing steadily.
    Last year, Biden privately denounced how long the probe into his son was taking, telling aides and outside allies that he believed the stress could send Hunter Biden spiraling back into addiction, according to the same two people. And the elder Biden, the people said, told those confidants that Garland should not have eventually empowered a special counsel to look into his son, believing that he again was caving to outside pressure.
    In recent weeks, President Biden has grumbled to aides and advisers that had Garland moved sooner in his investigation into former President Donald Trump’s election interference, a trial may already be underway or even have concluded, according to two people granted anonymity to discuss private matters. That trial still could take place before the election and much of the delay is owed not to Garland but to deliberate resistance put up by the former president and his team.

White House frustration with Garland grows - POLITICO

After his "joke " about Trump's finances Joe went into his campaign theme about Trump being a threat to democracy.

The lies about the 2020 election, the plots to overturn it, to embrace the January 6th insurrectionists pose the gravest threat to our democracy since the American Civil War.
    In 2020, they failed. But you all know the threat remains, a poison cours- — coursing through the veins of our democracy.
    What ? No laughter at this joke ?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2024, 04:42 AM
    Great post, Tom.
    Last year, Biden privately denounced how long the probe into his son was taking, telling aides and outside allies that he believed the stress could send Hunter Biden spiraling back into addiction,
    Maybe he should have encouraged his son to obey the law. For that matter, maybe HE should obey the law.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Status of the lawfare on Trump [ 4 Answers ]

Too many trials too little time . Updating them is difficult . But I'll give it a shot Trump paid the NY Slimes legal fees of $392,000 after his suit against the paper for releasing his tax records was dismissed by a judge. DC Judge Chutkan promised a swift trial on the Jan 6 charges...

This is not a joke! What should I do? [ 6 Answers ]

Please... My mom and dad are divorced. My mom and I go to Ohio every summer. She told me that she is thinking of moving up there some time soon. I really want to go but I live with my father and all my friends are where I live. I don't want to leave them. But I also want to move to Ohio. What...

View more questions Search