Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2024, 03:32 AM
    Bloodbath in context
    Definition 1. a ruthless slaughter of a great number of people; example ; a massacre.

Definition 2 . a period of disastrous loss or reversal: example ; A few mutual funds performed well in the general bloodbath of the stock market.

At a rally in Ohio, Trump was addressing the issue of Chinese auto factories being built in Mexico to take advantage of the USMCA free trade zone ; with the intent of flooding the US market with cheap Chinese cars . He said that if he were elected he would slap 100% tariffs on the Chinese imports so that the Chinese would not be able to sell their cars in the US. But if Clueless Joe were to be elected ,all bets would be off ...... there would be a 'bloodbath'.

Which definition of 'bloodbath' do you think he meant ?

The White House and the compliant press clipped a 9 second segment of his address and ran with the narrative that Trump said that if he were not elected that there would be a bloodbath ...... as in definition #1 that there would be a surge in political violence. A fair minded analysis of his comment ; not tainted with vitriolic TDS would conclude that it would be a set back to the American auto industry for the Chinese to flood US markets with cheap autos .

The White House and the chirping talking heads claimed Trump was threatening a Jan 6 repeat ; this time with people armed with more than selfie phones

Politico reported
    While it was unclear what the former president meant exactly, the remarks came as Trump was complaining about the automobile industry.
    Trump says country faces ‘bloodbath’ if Biden wins in November - POLITICO

There was nothing unclear about it . At that part of his address he was CLEARLY speaking about potential Chinese auto imports harming the American auto industry .

They like the White House tried to link it to the January 6 riot.

Biden campaign says Trump ‘wants another January 6’ after Ohio ‘bloodbath’ prediction | The Independent

It doesn't take much effort to find the word 'bloodbath' in business and political speech in this country . If a company announced a large layoff ,it is frequently referred to as a 'bloodbath'.

The tech jobs bloodbath shows no sign of abating | Fortune

Does this mean tech workers are being slaughtered ? Only an idiot would think that is what it meant.

Heck even Clueless Joe has used it . This is what he said about his 2020 primary "battle " with Bolshevik Bernie :

What we can’t let happen is let this primary become a negative bloodbath,” . “I know I’m going to get a lot of suggestions on how to respond to what I suspect will be an increasingly negative campaign that the Bernie brothers will run. But we can’t tear this party apart and reelect Trump. We have to keep our eyes on the ball, in my view.”

Biden warns against primary bloodbath as Sanders sharpens attacks ahead of key contests | US elections 2020 | The Guardian

What will happen now is that the compliant press will pound the false narrative until it becomes embedded into a popular myth ,just like they did with the lies about Trump's comments at Charlottesville Va.

PolitiFact | In Context: Donald Trump’s ‘very fine people on both sides’ remarks (transcript)

I take issue with his call for heavy tariffs. He threatens to impose them far too often .They usually backfire as his steel tariffs did when he was in office.

Did Trump’s tariffs benefit American workers and national security? | Brookings

What Trump should do is hit Clueless Joe hard on how his Green New Steal agenda hurts American businesses like the auto industry.

It is no secret that he uses bombastic rhetorical flourish too often to make a point . But it is also no secret that the compliant press often distorts the meaning of his words to paint a sinister intent . Context is everything,
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2024, 05:36 AM
    I can understand Biden trying to make political hay from Trump's comment, but when the media promotes that message, then it's intentional on their part. Any halfway intelligent reporter knows what Trump meant. To say otherwise is an action designed to influence the election in favor of the liberal dems. They disgrace themselves in doing so.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2024, 06:05 AM
    Clueless Joe has the Federal Leviathan to force his hand . In an effort to get Chinese EVs into the US ASAP ;his EPA came up with new guidelines for auto emissions that are tailor made to force combustible engine autos off the streets.

EPA sets strict new limits for auto emissions to fight climate change : NPR

Knowing that consumers for the most part has have rejected purchasing EVs ;the concession they made was to allow other type of cars like combustion engines ; plug in hybrids and hydrogen fueled autos to be made IF they meet the new standards .

It is hard to see how a combustion engine car would meet the new regs.

Meanwhile in a desperate effort to get EVs off their lots ; auto companies are permitting dealers to list EVs below MSRP .

https://www.teslarati.com/ford-elect...rs-below-msrp/

For American auto makers it's a bloodbath ........just as Trump predicted .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2024, 10:34 AM
    This EPA insanity explains why so many people vote for Trump. When you have a crazy person in charge, then an average person starts to look really good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In the Context of Grace [ 3 Answers ]

How is God's judgment manifested in the world today?

Context Poll [ 20 Answers ]

The question: what is your all-time favorite out-of-context Bible quote? I'm talking about the kind that either make a passage say something very different from what it says in its context, or the kind that just sounds silly and absurd. All responses are welcome. Here's one of my favorites: Luke...

Define normally open in this context [ 1 Answers ]

I want to fit an electrically operated valve on the mains water pipe to my home. When the power supply to the valve is on and live the valve is open and allows water to pass to my home. Whem I manually switch the power supply "off" to the valve I want the valve to close and not allow the water to...

Acitive activation context [ 1 Answers ]

I keep getting the response, active activation context. What could be causing this?

Activation context [ 3 Answers ]

When I log on my PC I go straight to Google search I can't type in the main address bar and I get a message saying request lookup key not found in any active activation context

View more questions Search