Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2024, 06:40 AM
    Snopes and other "fact " checkers have way too much time on their hands
    How else could you explain why they spend so much time "fact " checking a satire site like Babylon Bee ? I kid you not . This is not satire . I sometimes use satire . But I am not good enough to come up with that .

I mean if anyone on the right were "fact " checking SNL skits the left would correctly tell them to get a sense of humor.
    I can see why the left doesn't see the humor in Bee posting . They hit too close to home. SNL by contrast just isn't funny that often, But comics like John Stewart made their point and often are hilarious.

Some recent Bee postings that were "fact" checked .

The Babylon Bee on X: "Thanks to the fact-checkers at @USATODAY who have pointed out that this story is satire. We would like to retract it, as we now realize it is false and was entirely made up. https://t.co/8sNv3aocqe" / X (twitter.com)

PolitiFact | No, ISIS didn't lay down its arms after Katy Perry encouraged world peace

Incredible: USA Today fact checks The Babylon Bee's "claim" that Ruth Bader Ginsburg's death was overturned by 9th circuit court | Not the Bee

Kyle Mann on X: "Reuters sent us an email to find out if our @TheBabylonBee story about ballot boxes being installed along the border wall was true. I tried to help 'em out. https://t.co/lBsuoGMscG" / X (twitter.com)

Ashley St. Clair on X: "This is why nobody takes the Media or “fact checkers” seriously The Babylon Bee posted the satirical headline ‘Child Grooming Content On X Reduced By 83% After Disney Pulls Ads’ A Reuters employee was paid to fact check this (they even reached to Disney for comment ��) https://t.co/gPsJd2MdUY" / X (twitter.com)

BTW they did "fact "check SNL once .It was a skit about the beloved emperor

CNN Fact Checks Last Saturday's SNL Obama-Razzing Skit | Newsbusters
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2024, 07:19 AM
    It is pretty bad when they can't figure out that the Bee is satire.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

More "accepted fact" challenged [ 14 Answers ]

Just when you were happy with the "consensus." I'm curious as to why they didn't send manned flights through the dung cloud :D So there you have it, "accepted fact" and "consensus science" takes another hit. It isn't us rich, greedy Americans and our gas guzzling SUV's, it's poor...

View more questions Search