Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2024, 04:49 AM
    Cluless Joe issues a "red line"
    To Iran ? No To the terrorist Houthis that are now so intimidated by the US response to their attacks on ships that they have sunk ships and killed civilians in their attacks ? No . To China who sends the precursor chemicals to the Mexican narc gangs to make fentanyl that has killed over 100,000 Americans ? No . To the nations that empty out their prisons to send illegal marauders (aka "undocumented ") to invade the US ? No
    To Hamas who attacked Israel in November brutally murdering over 1,000 Israeil's No but you are getting warmer.

During an interview with MSNBC ,he said that if Israel extends the Gaza war into Rafah ,that would be a "red line" .

Red line means a point of no return ;sometimes called a "line in the sand ". It is a point where if crossed means action must be taken against that opponent (as if Israel is a US opponent) .

Rhetorically Joe has supported Israel's war goals ;the defeat of Hamas . But he would tie their hands on the means of achieving the goal . He said Bibi " must pay more attention to the innocent lives being lost as a consequence of the actions taken.” He said Bibi was taking action against Israel's interests .

His limiting Israel's actions is counter productive to his dual goals of defeating Hamas while limiting civilian casualties . Bibi is correct to dismiss the idea.

Almost immediately after calling it a red line Clueless recognized he put his foot in his mouth again ;and backtracked saying there is no real red line and he would never abandon Israel.

Politically he is walking a tight rope. On the one hand ,the American Jewish population have traditionally been Democrats . On the other hand there is a growing antisemitic reaction in the US ,especially among our Muslim population who have a high concentrated population in Michigan ;a critical swing state.

The other factor is Bibi is considered right wing. I think that if opposition leader former PM Yair Lapid were making the same decisions in the war ,the left in American would probably not be in such an lather.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2024, 07:23 AM
    To Iran ? No To the terrorist Houthis that are now so intimidated by the US response to their attacks on ships that they have sunk ships and killed civilians in their attacks ? No . To China who sends the precursor chemicals to the Mexican narc gangs to make fentanyl that has killed over 100,000 Americans ? No . To the nations that empty out their prisons to send illegal marauders (aka "undocumented ") to invade the US ? No
    To Hamas who attacked Israel in November brutally murdering over 1,000 Israeil's No but you are getting warmer.

During an interview with MSNBC ,he said that if Israel extends the Gaza war into Rafah ,that would be a "red line" .
    You have evidently forgotten that we have been challenged to say something "nice" about Mr. Biden.

Not to worry here. Give it a few days and Mr. Biden will likely forget what he said. You would hope that someone might tell him that when the President makes a bold statement regarding a "red line", that it is a big, hairy deal that needs to have been discussed and settled in private before making it public. It rises a good bit above a discussion about wet, hairy legs.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2024, 12:32 PM
    hey I said the Joe Biden from 20 years ago should've given the Repub response to his SOTU
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2024, 12:42 PM
    hey I said the Joe Biden from 20 years ago should've given the Repub response to his SOTU
    And it was a heart-warming observation that just gave me, ya know, like chills.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mark "M" or "W" with a line through middle represent? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a vintage Indian head penny necklace and the little tag on the chain is marked with either a capital "M" or "W" with a line through the middle. Does anyone know who this represents? Thanks

Lyrics "now the rain." " I was watching for the people"... "started to pray"... [ 1 Answers ]

This was a song that used to play on 'western music' in early 90's. It was sung by a male with a chorus... can someone help me please...

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Changing wiring to use "second line" rather than "first" line on specific jack [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, and thanks! I have two phone lines (telephone numbers) coming into the house. I want to change a particular jack from one line to the other (exclusively for a fax). The current jack has a pair of tan wires going to "black (heavier wire and screw)", a pair of blue wires going to "red", a pair...

View more questions Search