Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2024, 10:29 AM
    What is a "woman"?
    I was thinking about this topic this morning and thought I'd post it. We were told for several decades that there are no fundamental differences between men and women, and so women are fit for any task that men are fit for. Police, firemen, Marine infantry, fighter pilots, boxing, and so forth were all declared to be suitable occupations for women to carry out on that "no differences" basis.

But now we have men and boys (XY chromosomes and male genitalia) who claim to believe that they are not men but are women. So I wonder what it is that they are feeling? If a man can feel he is a woman, then wouldn't that be a plain declaration that women and men have significant differences, and thus disprove what feminists have said so frequently in the past?

Bear in mind that there it has already been established here that there are no hormonal or genetic/chromosomal tests that can be used to back up the claim of a man that he is, in fact, female, so it all comes down to his own perceptions. That leaves us to ponder what it is that he is perceiving that separates men and women?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 9, 2024, 10:38 AM
    Gender Dysphoria is a very real condition, however those that are actually suffering from this is very low, sub 2% globally.
    The numbers self identifying as the opposite gender, especially amongst Gen Z and Millennials is vastly skewed by those merely demanding a label to justify their meager existence. Social Media and the "wanting to seen to belong", have been at the forefront of this statistical blip.

As you have already spoke about, the actual question of What is a Woman, is avoided by most people in the public eye.
    It was the subject of a documentary by Matt Walsh.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Is_a_Woman
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2024, 01:55 PM
    I can't speak for others. Me ? As a great believer in diversity I proudly quote the brilliant words of the French writer Anatole French .In a discussion with a women who told him there were differences between the sexes ,he famously replied "vive la difference " .
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2024, 06:51 PM
    Great responses and I see your points. Still, my question revolves around this TG issue putting to the lie the previous great liberal initiative that men and women were essentially the same, but now men claim to feel like women, so they can't be the same. Sensible?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 9, 2024, 07:14 PM
    We aren't Adam and Eve types since the Fall. Fetal development gets messed up in many ways. Before the Fall, would Adam and Eve have had a Down's Syndrome baby? a baby that was missing a head? A baby with messed-up chromosomes?
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2024, 05:08 AM
    We've already put those arguments out the back door repeatedly. There is nothing in the Bible about mankind becoming non-binary after the fall. Even worse, you are appealing to a story you don't even believe happened! And fetal development has never been shown to have anything at all to do with TG. Birth defects have nothing to do with the subject.

The point remains that the whole basis of TG, of a man insisting he "feels" like a woman, works against the feminist contention that men and women have but few differences in temperament, emotions, and abilities.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 10, 2024, 09:30 AM
    There's nothing in the Bible about Down's Syndrome, polio, measles, miscarriage, and so on. Yes, TG has everything to do with fetal development. Look up "dysphoria".

And yes, the Creation story and the Adam and Eve story and the Flood story and the Jonah and the Great Fish story are all allegories put together by early Bible scribes to teach us about God's love.
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2024, 12:28 PM
    There's nothing in the Bible about Down's Syndrome, polio, measles, miscarriage, and so on.
    Miscarriage? Exodus 23:25-26. The others were not identified in Bible times, but even at that, how is it significant?

Yes, TG has everything to do with fetal development. Look up "dysphoria".
    As I said, we've already covered that idea before and you came up empty. If you have anything new, I'll be glad to consider it. I will not do the research that you are evidently unable to do to find out that there is nothing at all to support that argument.

And yes, the Creation story and the Adam and Eve story and the Flood story and the Jonah and the Great Fish story are all allegories put together by early Bible scribes to teach us about God's love.
    Your opinion and nothing more. The Bible certainly does not lend support to that idea.
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2024, 06:02 AM
    Ten years ago, this would have been considered an insane statement.

Name:  womens sports.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  35.2 KB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

"Bizarre", "Lunacy", "Dangerous", "Idiotic" [ 401 Answers ]

These are some of the global reactions to Trump's incredibly moronic idea of doctors testing the injection of disinfectants into the human body to cure Covid-19. The makers of Lysol had to go so far as to issue a statement that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES should any of their products be injected,...

Lyrics "now the rain." " I was watching for the people"... "started to pray"... [ 1 Answers ]

This was a song that used to play on 'western music' in early 90's. It was sung by a male with a chorus... can someone help me please...

Please convert "Evolution", "Transformation", "Phoenix" in Sanskrit [ 0 Answers ]

Please convert 1. "Evolution", 2."Transformation", 3."Phoenix" in Sanskrit God bless - this will be used for a tattoo

Collector's Guild LTD, NY- "original etching" "Pour Roby" Picasso "Star Scene" J Moro [ 0 Answers ]

Both pictures have stickers on the back stating with a "certification seal" that the Picasso is a original etching and the Joan Miro is a lithograph. Moro looks real to me but I can't take the frames off to feel if the paint is real or maybe I don't know what a lithograph should feel like just a...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

View more questions Search