Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2024, 05:11 AM
    This is what WSJ says

His address was one long, divisive pep rally for Democrats, goading Republicans throughout the speech, and targeting multiple and various villains for partisan attacks. It really was extraordinary.
    Most such speeches make at least an attempt at reaching across the aisle, if only as a gesture. This one had none, not even on the issue of aid to Ukraine where he most needs Republican support.
    Biden’s Partisan State of Disunion - WSJ
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2024, 05:30 AM
    To all leaders ;brevity is better .
    So very true. I often wished Trump has done some things that would have been breaking with lousy tradition. I would liked for him to have abandoned or at least minimized the whole silliness of endless inaugural balls. He could have rightly referred to it as a needless waste of money which does nothing more than give rich people something useless to do. The middle class would have loved it. He could also have set a pattern with short SOTU's. Hammer on a limited number of issues and stop the practice of constantly bragging. Tell the Congress members not to applaud every thirty seconds.

This really is a classic line. "With malice toward none with charity for all with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right let us strive on to finish the work we are in to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan ~ to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations."
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2024, 06:06 AM
    Back to" shrinkflation ". It is real .There are fewer chips in a bag. The only thing deceptive about it is possibly the size of the packaging . The content of the bag and weight of the bag are all part of Federal Regulations . Having been in the field I know that some 'slack fill' is required.

In the United States, nonfunctional slack-fill is prohibited unless (1) it performs an appropriate function, such as protecting the contents of the container; (2) it is necessary because the machines used for enclosing the contents in the package require it; (3) it is the result of "normal product settling"; (4) the package performs a specific function that is inherent to the nature of the food and is clearly labeled; (5) the product is a food packaged in a reusable container where the container is part of the presentation of the food, e.g., a gift product; or (6) the manufacturer cannot increase the level of fill or decrease the size of the package, e.g., where a minimum package size is necessary to accommodate required labeling information, discourage pilfering, facilitate handling, or accommodate tamper-resistant devices. As a practical matter, the states are more active in enforcing the slack-fill requirements than the Federal government.
    What are the "Slack Fill" Restrictions in the U.S. and EU? | PackagingLaw.com

Here's a hint for Clueless.
    Shrinkflation became an issue in 2022 due to the Bideninflation.

The government makes up numbers to prove inflation is shrinking . But it manages to leave out indicators that impact most of the people ;like food prices.

Those are up over 20% in the Clueless Joe era. And why did inflation balloon ? Well we have had irresponsible spending by the government for years . Then covid happened and Trump and Congress spread the monopoly money out to pay for their mostly disastrous shut downs of the economy.

Clueless Joe was elected and used the Rham Emanual dictum let not a crisis go to waste. More monopoly bucks were funneled into the economy.

Inflation is too much money chasing too few goods . The inflation crisis will be "solved " when all the monopoly money is circulated out of the system ;that is IF no more wasteful spending occurs (fat chance of that happening .)

US Senate poised to pass spending package, averting government shutdown | Reuters

The sad truth is that at best price increases will slow down to Fed target rates of 2%. The prices we have today are pretty much set in stone. What will be needed is an efficient economy that can boost family incomes by increasing efficiency ;reforming the tax codes , dismantling the leviathan swamp bureaucracy ;stop reckless spending that includes fixing entitlements .

GOODBY AMERICA IT WAS NICE TO KNOW YA.
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2024, 06:32 AM
    Inflation is too much money chasing too few goods . The inflation crisis will be "solved " when all the monopoly money is circulated out of the system ;that is IF no more wasteful spending occurs (fat chance of that happening .)
    Exactly. I have no hope at all of ever seeing a balanced budget until it is forced upon us in what will be a decidedly unpleasant period of history.

The sad truth is that at best price increases will slow down to Fed target rates of 2%. The prices we have today are pretty much set in stone. What will be needed is an efficient economy that can boost family incomes by increasing efficiency ;reforming the tax codes , dismantling the leviathan swamp bureaucracy ;stop reckless spending that includes fixing entitlements .
    Well said. You could add that we need to dramatically reduce both the size and role of the federal government.
    Uber Member

Mar 8, 2024, 08:15 PM
    Biden, when pressed by MTG, referred to Laken Riley as "Lincoln" Riley, and did so twice. You would have thought he would have been absolutely ready for such a moment. Sure raises questions. Then he made libs mad by referring to illegal immigrants as, well... "illegals". and did so twice again. He then claimed that thousands are being killed by those illegals, which if true sure raises a legitimate question as to why he has not stopped the tidal wave of illegals crossing our border.

It was not a shining moment.

Edit. It's debatable as whether he said "legals" or "illegals" in reference to thousands being killed. It sounded like "illegals" to me, but others heard "legals". Your pick.

'LINCOLN RILEY?' Biden Mispronounces Name of Alleged Victim of Illegal Alien (youtube.com)
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2024, 05:45 AM
    I thought he misspoke and that would even be worse. It makes no sense to use the word illegal twice. I think he meant to do a 'whataboutism'

He was mumbling and barely coherent . But I think he meant to say

"But how many thousands of people being killed by legals ".

Crime stats show that immigrants legal or otherwise have a slightly less homicide incarceration rate than native born Americans .
    1. That doesn't factor in illegals only . I could not find that rate
    2. Any murder done by someone who came into the country illegally due to Clueless' lax border policies is on Clueless .

Here is the facts Clueless ignored .

Jose Ibarra is charged with concealing her death along with felony murder, malice murder, kidnapping , aggravated assault and battery .

Ibarra's brother Diego ;is being detained but not for the murder .He is an active member of Venezuelan Tren de Aragua gang .He used a fake green card to get a job at Georgia U. This gang is known for using mopeds to assault people and drag them while stealing their phones.

After the phones are stolen, the victims’ bank accounts are drained of cash, with fraudulent transactions in both the US and South America, and the phones themselves are sent to Colombia to be wiped, reprogrammed and sold.
    Now The Post can disclose that the pattern of robberies is being linked by law enforcement to a brutal Venezuelan gang that is sending its members to New York as part of the migrant wave — and using its sprawling criminal empire to launder the proceeds of the crimes.
    . Tren de Aragua gang uses migrants in NYC phone robberies (nypost.com)

Jose has an arrest record since illegally entering the US in 2022. He was a 'catch and release'. He was put on a bus and sent to NY.
    He was charged with endangering his son by allowing him to ride on the back of a moped without a helmet ; He did not have a license to operate the vehicle which is required in NY. He was not detained . Gee what were they doing on that moped ?

He and his brother committed theft from a Walmart .

Those charges alone should've gotten them deported . Diego was processed for immediate removal after his illegal entry into the US in April 2023 . Instead he was shipped to NY pending asylum. He also recently had a DUI .
    Clueless no doubt would remind us that legals have DUIs too.

Not relevant . The point is that if the administration did not have an open border policy .Riley would be alive today.

The gang ? Well they were formed in a rather nasty Venezuelan prison. Venezuela is emptying such prisons and sending the criminals to the great norte after he sent 11,000 troops to the prison to take it back from the gang which had turned it into it's own compound. .

The Rapid Rise of Venezuela’s ‘Tren de Aragua’ Gang Leaves Destruction and Death in Its Wake - OCCRP
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2024, 06:18 AM
    Clueless was aggressive and loud ,speaking with the speed of an auctioneer. He looked like someone who did an OD of Adderall. Adderall is a combination stimulant that is used (often abused ) for ADHD diagnosed patients. It raises the levels of neurotransmitters to the brain that are needed for concentration and attention. But it doesn't help you to make clear thoughts...something I thought was lacking in his presentation. He failed badly when going off script.

Maybe they should make Presidential candidates routinely pee in a cup . Think about it before any debate.
    If you have a horse ready for the glue factory suddenly winning the Kentucky Derby then the horse most likely has been shot up with something.
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2024, 06:45 AM
    Maybe they should make Presidential candidates routinely pee in a cup .
    Better yet, we should elect presidents based upon apparent things such as their records and any obvious mental decline. For the two hundredth time, I am not a fan of Trump, but putting their records and mental abilities side by side, it is a clear choice. If Trump could learn to control his big mouth, he would win easily, but I don't expect him to exercise that kind of discipline, so I guess it will be a close one. But just the "Lincoln Riley" gaffe is enough to cast great doubts on Biden's mental acuity. That was really shocking. Far worse is the fact that if Biden had been doing his job on the southern border, Laken Riley would still be alive and humming along. That alone is a good reason to vote for Trump.
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2024, 07:13 AM
    Dole's age was an issue when he ran in 1996 . He was 72 . The minimum age for eligibility is 36. Double that is 72. That should be the maximum age for running for a 1st term. I don't care of they are sharp as a tack. The job is too demanding for a geezer .And of course Clueless Joe was incompetent at any age. The Dems would've never selected him if it wasn't for the threat of a Bolshevik Bernie candidacy .

Not that it made a difference . Clueless Joe is a puppet of the radical left anyway.

A moment from the speech that was particularly chilling .

“With all due respect, justices, women are not without ... electoral or political power," "You’re about to realize just how much …

Imagine if a President Trump had made such a not so veiled threat against SCOTUS .
    Uber Member

Mar 9, 2024, 07:45 AM
    Would have been a good time for the justices to simply get up and walk out. "No, you are not going to issue these veiled political threats to us." But it does reflect the fact that there are many, many women in America who will insist on having the "right" to have their unborn child killed. Women, who used to be the great defenders of life, have now become its chief opponent.
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2024, 05:10 AM
    Biden did come up with a good idea in a speech in Pennsylvania. "Pennsylvania, I have a message for you: Send me to Congress!" Now that's an idea I could get behind!!
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2024, 03:57 AM
    Instead of having Senator Britt to give a kitchen counter Repub response to Clueless they should've used Senator Biden to give their response .

Democratic Response to Drug Policy Address | C-SPAN.org

Joe Biden in 1993 speech warned of ‘predators on our streets’ | CNN Politics
    Ultra Member

Mar 22, 2024, 06:02 AM
    What Clueless can't get in the free market( people are not buying EVs) he will get through regulation .

Combined with investments the U.S. is making in battery and electric vehicle manufacturing, the auto regulations will help shift the U.S. away from relying on fossil fuels for transportation, a senior administration official said during a call with reporters.
    EPA sets strict new limits for auto emissions to fight climate change : NPR

Kimberly Strassel writes in WSJ

Last year, 84% of all cars sold in America were powered by internal-combustion engines. By 2027, the government will restrict that share to 64%. In eight years, the cap will be 29%. High demand for the few gasoline vehicles still made at that point will drive up prices, making them unattainable to anyone but a limousine liberal. It’s a ban.
    Biden Is Coming for Your Truck - WSJ

She points out that rent seeking auto manufactures will have no choice but to sign on to the plan .

So the EPA's claims of making concessions in "transition" are meaningless .

The UAW has signed it's death warrant to their industry by endorsing Clueless Joe ;as have United Steel workers have done

UAW Endorses Joe Biden for President of the United States - UAW | United Automobile, Aerospace and Agricultural Implement Workers of America

United Steelworkers union endorses Biden, giving him more labor support in presidential race (nbcnews.com)

What are they thinking ? They are stuck behind a rock and a hard place They are hoping these endorsements are parlayed into a place in the Green New Steal

Good luck with that .
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2024, 12:49 PM
    Last year, 84% of all cars sold in America were powered by internal-combustion engines. By 2027, the government will restrict that share to 64%. In eight years, the cap will be 29%. High demand for the few gasoline vehicles still made at that point will drive up prices, making them unattainable to anyone but a limousine liberal. It’s a ban.
    Yet another great reason to vote for anyone not named "Biden".

Last year, 84% of all cars sold in America were powered by internal-combustion engines. By 2027, the government will restrict that share to 64%. In eight years, the cap will be 29%. High demand for the few gasoline vehicles still made at that point will drive up prices, making them unattainable to anyone but a limousine liberal. It’s a ban.Last year, 84% of all cars sold in America were powered by internal-combustion engines. By 2027, the government will restrict that share to 64%. In eight years, the cap will be 29%. High demand for the few gasoline vehicles still made at that point will drive up prices, making them unattainable to anyone but a limousine liberal. It’s a ban.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flashback 2009 State of the Union Address [ 0 Answers ]

The emperor said that Obamacare (ACA) would not apply to illegal aliens . Joe Wilson shouted 'You Lie' Wilson was reprimanded by the House . GOP Rep. to Obama: 'You Lie!' - YouTube Yesterday

Can you have different address in a state ID and license? [ 1 Answers ]

This is the deal, a friend of mine has to submit some papers to I don't know what, but he recently moved out of his parents but only temporally therefore he hasn't changed his address on his license or car insurance etc, again since its only for a while. But he filled these forms he has to submit...

How to file for divorce from out of state and don't have spouse's address [ 2 Answers ]

My spouse and I have been living in different states for the past 7 years. From what I hear she lives with a man in St. Louis and has a child with him. How can I file for divorce from the state of Texas. I have no address on her and can't find one.

How do I address a restarining order that keeps me from moving out of state? [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-husband and I have joint custody in chicago IL. After both of us being unemployed for over a year, I informed him that I wanted to begin a new life in the southwest (where we formerly lived) and go back to school for my masters degree. He *seemed* amenable and I asked him to draw up a...

View more questions Search