Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2024, 06:34 AM
    State of the Union address
    Border blame Trump

Inflation blame Trump and greedy businesses.

His solution ?

A "strike force" ;not to enforce border laws but to go after greedy corporations .

White House announces ‘strike force’ on unfair and illegal prices ahead of State of the Union - POLITICO

You won't find a strike force to stop fentanyl
    You won't find a strike force to stop Congressional insider trading
    You won't find a strike force to stop open borders
    You won't find a strike force to stop learning loss due to covid shutdowns
    You won't find a strike force to stop printing monopoly money
    You won't find a strike force to stop the growth of the administrative state
    You won't find a strike force to stop the weaponization of politics by the Justice Dept
    You won't find a strike force to stop influence peddling by the Biden crime family.

But a greedy corporation putting less potato chips in a bag is fair game.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2024, 09:16 AM
    You won't find a strike force to stop fentanyl
    You won't find a strike force to stop Congressional insider trading
    You won't find a strike force to stop open borders
    You won't find a strike force to stop learning loss due to covid shutdowns
    You won't find a strike force to stop printing monopoly money
    You won't find a strike force to stop the growth of the administrative state
    You won't find a strike force to stop the weaponization of politics by the Justice Dept
    You won't find a strike force to stop influence peddling by the Biden crime family.

But a greedy corporation putting less potato chips in a bag is fair game.
    I started to comment on how Biden could very well be the worst pres in my lifetime, but then I'm reminded of the number of foolish voters who are perfectly prepared to vote him in again. It's a depressing thought, quite frankly.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 7, 2024, 10:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I started to comment on how Biden could very well be the worst pres in my lifetime, but then I'm reminded of the number of foolish voters who are perfectly prepared to vote him in again. It's a depressing thought, quite frankly.
    Nope! There's a worser one, a fat bully boy child.
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2024, 11:39 AM
    a fat bully boy child.
    Just more TDS inspired hate speech from the person who claims to be tolerant and loving. Oh well.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 7, 2024, 01:18 PM
    Just more TDS inspired hate speech from the person who claims to be tolerant and loving. Oh well.
    I'm soooooo glad the Christian in YOU always says very complimentary things about Biden...and Harris. You're such a good example for me!!!
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2024, 01:33 PM
    I know. Your problems are always someone else’s fault. Never fails.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 7, 2024, 02:14 PM
    I know. Your problems are always someone else’s fault. Never fails.
    Wow! Just like yours! Just like too many Christians!!!

I dare you. Say something truly nice about Biden and his being president.
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2024, 02:45 PM
    I don’t concern myself with Biden on a personal level as you do with Trump. It is policies I talk about. I find nothing positive there.

Please stop copying me.
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2024, 04:12 PM
    OK I'll say something nice. I like his political advisors

Cookie Monster on X: "Me hate shrinkflation! Me cookies are getting smaller. 😔" / X (twitter.com)

Clueless Joe............"either the cone is getting bigger or the double scoop is getting smaller "

Uber Member

Mar 7, 2024, 04:30 PM
    Uhm...gonna go way out on a limb here and guess that your reply is not going to be well received.

Just sayin.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 7, 2024, 05:28 PM
    I love tomder. He doesn't constantly bash me whenever he responds to a comment I make.
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2024, 05:31 PM
    You are too sensitive. When you say, "a fat bully boy child," then you should be called out for being hateful. Don't like that? Stop being hateful.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 7, 2024, 05:34 PM
    And you AREN'T hateful? I could fill a wheelbarrow to overflowing with the hateful things you've said about Biden.
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2024, 06:03 PM
    I’ll settle for just one example on the level of, "a fat bully boy child".
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 7, 2024, 06:59 PM
    And you've never said a kind word about Biden. And where oh where is Melania???
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2024, 07:25 PM
    You're so funny. You claim, " I could fill a wheelbarrow to overflowing," and then you can't even list one. Oh well.

This is how I see it. You make shockingly hateful comments about Trump such as, "And tRump is grossly overweight, has an unnatural skin color, wears a dead orange animal on his head, always wears the same clothes (do they ever get laundered?), cheated his way into wealth, isn't the brightest bulb on the marquee, is a misogynist and racist, has declining mental health, and hates most foods unless they're from McDonald's." When you get called on it, rather than simply admitting that you hate the guy, which certainly seems stunningly obvious, you try to point the finger in the direction of someone else. I think you would be much better off to be honest and just come clean about it. It's not like it would surprise anyone. Either that or repent of being hateful.

If you can find a hateful comment I've made about Biden, I'll be glad to address it. I'll give you the last word as this has become completely stupid. I just hope you have something with more content than, " I could fill a wheelbarrow to overflowing with the hateful things you've said about Biden." If you can actually FIND one in the wheelbarrow, I will, as I said, reply to it.
    Uber Member

Mar 7, 2024, 07:31 PM
    Tom, if you are listening to the SOTU, then please post your observations. I'd love to see them.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 7, 2024, 07:44 PM
    You're so funny. You claim, " I could fill a wheelbarrow to overflowing," and then you can't even list one. Oh well
    I'm busy watching the State of the Union Address.

This is how I see it. You make shockingly hateful comments about Trump such as, "And tRump is grossly overweight, has an unnatural skin color, wears a dead orange animal on his head, always wears the same clothes (do they ever get laundered?), cheated his way into wealth, isn't the brightest bulb on the marquee, is a misogynist and racist, has declining mental health, and hates most foods unless they're from McDonald's." When you get called on it, rather than simply admitting that you hate the guy, which certainly seems stunningly obvious, you try to point the finger in the direction of someone else. I think you would be much better off to be honest and just come clean about it. It's not like it would surprise anyone. Either that or repent of being hateful.
    All that has been verified. Did I mention that he loves to grip women's crotches? Lots of evidence.
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2024, 02:08 AM
    I have to watch again with the text. I was drifting in and out of conscious

My initial thoughts were:

I want some of the drug they gave him He seemed hopped up . His slurring of words was noticeable.

The speech was loaded with campaign talking points

He regurgitated Dem talking points we have heard for the past 30 years .

I get why they limit his exposure .He sticks his foot in it whenever he goes off script.

He seemed mighty angry and defensive for someone who was arguing everything is great under his watch .He sounded like an 80 year old ....angry old man.

Most people will forget the speech in less than a week .But if I was running Trump's campaign I would have a bunch of 30 second ads prepared from the content ;especially when he said "Lincoln Riley" was killed by an illegal ......'but what about all those people killed by legals' ? (....bring us your huddled masses of murderers )

Long ago I lost interest in SOTU addresses . I think it was during one of Bubba's snoozefests . The Constitution requires the President to report to Congress about the state of the union. It does not say he need to go to Congress and drone on. My preference would be for the President to submit a written report with a wish list . Then if the President wants to speak it should be a quick inspirational and aspirational.... one designed to get the whole country on board and not cater to partisanship.

I hate 1 hour + laundry lists . But at least Bubba had a bunch of agenda points . I had a hard time finding any real agenda for his Presidency in the address last night

To all leaders ;brevity is better . The speeches that go down in history are the ones where a theme is conveyed in a few minutes. Since Lincoln was mentioned inadvertently by Clueless ,think Lincoln's 'Gettysburg Address' . Short and sweet ;It is a timely speech that in a few words honored those who sacrificed their lives ;and rededicated the commitment to the cause that the war was being fought for .Think Lincoln's 2nd inaugural address which was delivered in less than 10 minutes .

In a divided nation a true leader would be trying to unite us .

"With malice toward none with charity for all with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right let us strive on to finish the work we are in to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan ~ to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations."

Lincoln's Second Inaugural Address - Lincoln Memorial (U.S. National Park Service) (nps.gov)
    Ultra Member

Mar 8, 2024, 02:16 AM
    Why oh why are we going to build a peer in Gaza ? To help Hamas survive ?

The scumbag dared to say that he is taking on Iran after he funneled $billions to them so they can finance the war in Gaza and the Houthis attacks on shipping .

Listen to the Commander of Centcom

Iran is only temporarily deterred in Iraq and Syria . They still actively support Houthis and Hamas.

March 7, 2024: Cotton Questioning in Senate Armed Services Committee Hearing - YouTube

btw it is easy to counter the "corporate greed" line the Dems keep using . Repubs should start countering that big lie.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flashback 2009 State of the Union Address [ 0 Answers ]

The emperor said that Obamacare (ACA) would not apply to illegal aliens . Joe Wilson shouted 'You Lie' Wilson was reprimanded by the House . GOP Rep. to Obama: 'You Lie!' - YouTube Yesterday

Can you have different address in a state ID and license? [ 1 Answers ]

This is the deal, a friend of mine has to submit some papers to I don't know what, but he recently moved out of his parents but only temporally therefore he hasn't changed his address on his license or car insurance etc, again since its only for a while. But he filled these forms he has to submit...

How to file for divorce from out of state and don't have spouse's address [ 2 Answers ]

My spouse and I have been living in different states for the past 7 years. From what I hear she lives with a man in St. Louis and has a child with him. How can I file for divorce from the state of Texas. I have no address on her and can't find one.

How do I address a restarining order that keeps me from moving out of state? [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-husband and I have joint custody in chicago IL. After both of us being unemployed for over a year, I informed him that I wanted to begin a new life in the southwest (where we formerly lived) and go back to school for my masters degree. He *seemed* amenable and I asked him to draw up a...

View more questions Search