Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2024, 06:02 AM
    What happens when AI goes woke ?
    I have been a computer user since the mid-1970s. Back in the day I had to punch out there cards and feed them into the computer . The computer would then identify all the errors and flaws . After many attempts I was able to get some basic statistical analysis .
    Then PCs came along .That to me was a huge improvement . But it's usefulness still depended on my input . As the saying goes 'garbage in garbage out' .

What happens when an AI system gets programmed by someone who must be hopelessly woke ?

WE found out recently with Google's Gemini system . I had no idea that there were Black Vikings; women Popes or that George Washington was an African American.

Google's AI chatbot Gemini makes 'diverse' images of founding fathers, popes and vikings: 'So woke it's unusable' (nypost.com)

I tinkered with ChatGPT some and found it lacking regarding the reliability of the information it produces based on the simplest prompts . You could make finding it's flaws into a parlor game.

AI is in it's infancy and issues are expected . Meanwhile Kowalczyk has been furiously erasing his social media postings that expose the true extent of his woke predisposition. Garbage in garbage out

Google has responded with an apology and removed it until it's programmer Jack Krawczyk fixes it.

Star Trek predicted this type of problems back in star date 4729.4 On that date Star Fleet installed the M5 Multitron Unit that would operate the Enterprise on it's own with a skeleton crew of 20 engineers. That Captain ? basically a figurehead.

In simulation it was very effective until the human element of the programmer began to assert itself .Then it started killing the crew and taking simulation exercises seriously and in the process destroying the opposing ship and crew.

Star Trek -- Kirk Is Relegated by a Computer (youtube.com)

Kirk saves the day of course by realizing that it was programmed by a human ;with human flaws .

Check out some similar questions!

Go Woke Go Broke [ 9 Answers ]

Three corporate giants who cast their lot to the woke crowd ;Khol's Anheiser-Bush ,and Target have collectively lost $28.7 billion in market value since April. Pride month, war on "woke" weighs on Corporate America's stocks (axios.com) Axios says “Corporate America is finding itself trapped...

The NY Slimes is woke....but not woke enough [ 0 Answers ]

The Slimes completely bought into the woke agenda .But for the cancel culture you cannot be too woke . As predicted when Jacobins run out of enemies to feast on ;they turn on each other . They are accused of editorial bias in covering the transformer et al community by various contributors to the...

NFL Goes with Woke Helmets [ 2 Answers ]

The NFL has announced that players can use these messages on their helmets. "End Racism," "Stop Hate," "It Takes All of Us," "Black Lives Matter," "Inspire Change" and "Say Their Stories." Why not, "End Abortion", or "Promote Two Parent Families", or "All Lives Matter", or "Latino/Asian Lives...

I am woke [ 264 Answers ]

Yes I am woke . I know I am woke. How do I know I am woke ? Well I learned my lessons from the Kavanaugh hearings that a women ;no matter how uncredible she may be ;when she makes a charge ,she is to be believed . So I have been listening to the Dem static the last few days . White ,Blonde hair...

Cat woke up limping [ 4 Answers ]

My cat woke up this morning and he waslimping around the apartment. He is still eating and drinking but he is very sore. He was crying and almost dragging his leg. What should I be doing? Could this be serious? He is an indoor cat and the only one in the house.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.