Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2024, 06:45 AM
    Defund the Police But Not for Me
    One of the leading liberals who advocated for defunding the police has requested an enhanced police presence around his house. Is there no limit to the hypocrisy these people will engage in??

A Texas Democrat who was a strong advocate of defunding the Austin police in 2020 was accused of hypocrisy on Tuesday after he requested a police patrol in his neighborhood from the same department.

Rep. Greg Casar (D-TX) requested the police's assistance through the United States Capitol Police, which forwarded the request to the Austin Police Department, according to Fox News. Casar also sent a letter to the Justice Department last week accusing the Texas police force of racism and discrimination against people with mental health problems.

"It’s come to our attention that Anti police king of the defund movement in Austin, who only last week called APD an agency with racist practices has requested enhanced patrols around his house for the next week," the Austin Police Retired Officers Association posted on X on Tuesday. "We want everyone in Austin to feel safe, but this seems to us as the height of hypocrisy from the congressman. Maybe he should hire private security like his fellow squad members do. Sure seems like he wants the police in his neighborhood just not yours."
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/de...on/ar-AA1lO4FZ
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2024, 08:11 AM
    I did a quick search . Nothing mentioned why he wanted an enhanced police patrol for one week only .

Next time maybe he can hire private security who carry guns he is also opposed to .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the film where the police are held up in the police station? [ 2 Answers ]

It was originally a 1970 movie and has been remade recently. Criminals - bent cops - lay segue to the police station.

Police Harassment! How do I sue the police station? [ 2 Answers ]

I've had various run ins with the police after I picked up charges in 2010. They have watched my house, folllwed me, pulled me over, searching my car... This last time they came to my house when I was gone and impounded my car, they drug it down the street in park leaving a huge black mark down my...

Police Harassment and how to sue the police department in East Dublin, GA 31027? [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my friend have been harassed by the East Dublin Police for years. I was arrested in 2007 for a day and then I was release. I had a case where a young man stole from my Bank account and the police and the judge did not put this young man in prison. The young man is a hacker of the internet....

Letter to police for police report to insurance for my claims [ 2 Answers ]

I had an accident with my car while I was driving from my house to work. The other Driver admit his fault and we call the police to take the normal proceduer.After going through everything have now been ask by the police to write a letter to him asking a police report which I will used to ask for...

Why AsianMassage parlos near POlice station and police doesn't stop them? [ 2 Answers ]

I mean the ones where they provide sexual services. There is one right there close to sheriff station. They have a sign ssaying "MASSAGE" and it's easy to go there. But then I though police went after these kind of businesses. I even saw it on TV. I went insde just to investigate and I talked...

View more questions Search