Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2024, 10:31 AM
    Letitia James is on a roll
    She's making NY safe from Trump and cow farts

Now she is protecting transformer "rights " to compete unfairly against biological girls

Nassau County Exec Bruce Blakeman made an EO protecting girls sports from transformer males dressed like women .

James is demanding he rescind the order or else she will do what she does best ......sue. She says it is discriminatory.

Blakeman had a classic response ..............

because transgender females who were born male are still allowed to compete in boy’s, men’s, and co-ed sports, his executive order is not discriminatory.
    “The executive order was very clear that biological males who are transgender would have other opportunities to compete; they would not be foreclosed from sports competitions in Nassau County, because I believe that would be illegal,” Blakeman said. “And I think that it does not reflect the welcoming attitude we have here in Nassau County, for people of any lifestyle. Women and girls are a protected class under the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of New York. And we will protect women from bullying by transgender females who want to compete against biological females. It is no longer a level playing field.”
    AG Calls Transgender Sports Ban Illegal, Nassau Exec Hits Back (longislandpress.com)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 2, 2024, 11:58 AM
    Do yourself a favor. Read up on transgender hormones.
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2024, 02:38 PM
    not the issue The issue is males pretending to be women to get an unfair advantage in sporting events . James is way off base
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 2, 2024, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    not the issue The issue is males pretending to be women to get an unfair advantage in sporting events . James is way off base
    But males are not pretending to be...oh shut up, WG. This board has passed its expiration date.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2024, 08:38 PM
    Read up on transgender hormones.
    We have had this conversation repeatedly. There are no TG hormones. The only one you have ever come up with was a med that many women took decades ago, but which was discontinued in the 70's, and even that case was pretty iffy. Anyone under the age of fifty cannot appeal to that drug. And why we have to go over that situation yet again is a mystery.

Any individual with male plumbing is pretending if he claims to be a woman.

Women and girls are a protected class under the Constitution
    Where does he get that from? Anyone here know of any provision in the Constitution making females a protected class???
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 2, 2024, 10:19 PM
    Transgender women take estrogen, HRT. The amount of testosterone in them is miniscule. Male anatomy is surgically removed/reshaped into a vagina.
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2024, 01:47 AM
    Women and girls are a protected class under the Constitution

Where does he get that from? Anyone here know of any provision in the Constitution making females a protected class???
    He made it up. The closest we ever came to a constitutional guarantee is the attempts made to pass the 'Equal Rights Amendment' .

The 14th Amendments reads
    No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

After that when you read the nonsense in the 'Griswald v Connecticut' decision ,any group has special protections given a broad enough liberal interpretation of the 14th Amendment

"specific guarantees in the Bill of Rights have penumbras, formed by emanations from those guarantees that help give them life and substance".

Uber Member

Mar 3, 2024, 06:00 AM
    Transgender women take estrogen, HRT. The amount of testosterone in them is miniscule. Male anatomy is surgically removed/reshaped into a vagina.
    That is true of the small group that have had surgery. The great majority have not done that. They are, as Tom said, pretenders.

Perhaps I misunderstood your comment. I thought you were trying to go down the tired old road of suggesting that TG has a hormonal cause. If you are saying the TG folks take hormones, then that is sometimes true. How often it is true is an open question.

He made it up.
    That's a nice way of describing it. The sad thing is that so many people read "misinformation" like that and believe it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2024, 09:42 AM
    Male to female TG folks, if they are truly TG, take hormones (estrogen). HRT it's called. But before that is a long stint of family and individual counseling. Then dressing as the gender you are supposed to be, e.g., wearing the clothing and hairstyles of females and eventually undergoing electrolysis. Bottom surgery is the very last procedure, probably several or more years later.
    Ultra Member

Mar 3, 2024, 10:41 AM
    The fact remains that for whatever reason ,they have an unfair advantage competing against women in sports ;especially if it includes any type of hormone therapy ;something that is banned across the board in international competition.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2024, 12:31 PM
    I agree that too much is done at too young of an age (puberty blocking) or improperly (no counseling) or with no plan.

Just because a young boy or even teen boy says he feels like a girl doesn't mean parents should jump into action to get his gender changed. Months of medical et al. work are ahead. When I was about ten, I wanted to be a boy. I wore my younger brother's pants and t-shirts (my mother insisted I wear the cute, frilly dresses she sewed for me). I wanted to do "boy things" and did them as much as I could get away with. Throughout my life, I've used my male and female talents/interests to the best of my ability.
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2024, 04:54 PM
    It's all based upon a faulty assumption that a person is whatever that person might think he/she is.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2024, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    It's all based upon a faulty assumption that a person is whatever that person might think he/she is.
    Nope. Tests can be done to check on the hormones -- male, female, or something else.
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2024, 05:02 PM
    So are you saying that every boy who thinks he is a girl can take a blood test that will verify that his blood hormones confirm his feelings? If not that, then what tests are you referring to?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2024, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    So are you saying that every boy who thinks he is a girl can take a blood test that will verify that his blood hormones confirm his feelings?
    Or they won't confirm his feelings.

Here's a brief explanation put together by a Fb friend (06/2021):

I used to be considered male. There was a high level of Estrogen in my blood and I lacked some male characteristics. I had no Adams apple, never had much body hair, have always had feminine facial features, etc. I experienced dysphoria on a regular basis.

I hadn't fully masculinized in the womb.

Chromosome check was expensive, but it helped me transition quicker.

When did I get a DNA check? 2001. It's not essential, just another sign of dysphoria

I knew at age 7. Just couldn't do anything about it until transitioning became legal in my state.

No, it's not a choice. You do have to be evaluated though. Someone who says they are trans will react badly to HRT if they are just playing. They freak because they have a male mind that can't handle estrogen. Genetically I am 50% male/50% female. That's the 47 XXY. Yes. I am a member of the smallest minority section of trans people.
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2024, 05:25 PM
    So are you saying that every boy who thinks he is a girl can take a blood test that will verify that his blood hormones confirm his feelings?
    So we can give a test that either WILL or WILL NOT confirm his feelings? Uhm...that would be completely useless. "Sir, your Covid test just showed us that you either do or do not have Covid." Would that be useful?

If not that, then what tests are you referring to?
    And you had no idea other than the usual practice of appealing to a anecdotal account by a person hopelessly prejudiced on the subject.

I never understand why you make comments like these ("Tests can be done to check on the hormones -- male, female, or something else.") which are obviously not true. It's puzzling. If such tests existed, then this whole debate would go away by the end of the week. That they don't exist is pretty weighty evidence against any hormonal cause being in play.

47 XXY, by the way, is Kleinfelter's Syndrome, a genetic condition that has been known about decades. It is NOT an indicator of a person being transgender. In fact the great majority of people with Kleinfelters Syndrome are NOT transgender. I sincerely hope you will correct your friend's faulty thinking.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2024, 06:05 PM
    I challenge you to chat with trans men or trans women and listen carefully to their experience.

Yes, a medical/scientific chromosome test will tell you if you're male, female, or something else.
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2024, 06:47 PM
    I challenge you to chat with trans men or trans women and listen carefully to their experience.
    I challenge you to support your ideas with something more than what a Facebook friend said.

[QUOTE]
    Yes, a medical/scientific chromosome test will tell you if you're male, female, or something else.
    Yes, that's true, but it's not what you originally said concerning hormones. A chromosome test will say male, female, or very rarely, something like Kleinfelters. It will not tell the person anything about being trans.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2024, 06:51 PM
    If you identify as male and have external male anatomy, yet your brain is telling you you're female, a chromosome test will tell you what's what, if you're really male or female or something else.
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2024, 07:16 PM
    That is nonsense. Nothing of the sort is true. If you are born with male genitalia, then a chromosome test will tell you that you have XY sex chromosomes. There is no chromosomal test to verify TG. None at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NY AG Letitia James sorta kept a campaign promise today [ 15 Answers ]

I wrote this May of last year . Letitia James based her campaign on the premise that she would prosecute Trump .She should be recused . The Future of Donald Trump (askmehelpdesk.com) She woulda if she coulda frog marched him to Riker's Island . But she had no case . So today she opted to...

What do you think James 4:4 means? [ 9 Answers ]

When I was a little girl, my father told me this story and I use to think about it when I was young because I didn't understand it. Certainly I get it now and feel it is so relevant in my life and the lives of many Christians who feel persecuted for their belief in absolute truth. My father...

James Brown [ 1 Answers ]

James Brown's score for this film was rejected by the producers. He then recycled It into a hit album of his own. Name the film.

View more questions Search