Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2024, 04:25 PM
    Abortion is killing. The Fifth Commandment states: "Thou shalt not kill."
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2024, 04:53 PM
    Then why did you say I made a “mistake” in opposing abortion?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2024, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Then why did you say I made a “mistake” in opposing abortion?
    Plus cite the number of the frame in which I said that.
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2024, 05:07 PM
    The link takes you right to it. 484.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2024, 05:13 PM
    The link takes you right to it. 484.
    Because you wash your hands of the situation and give no financial or moral support to a female who wants or needs an abortion.
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2024, 05:34 PM
    How do you know that? Rather judgmental of you don’t you think?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2024, 05:48 PM
    How do you know that? Rather judgmental of you don’t you think?
    Just trying to emulate you....

How many women/teen girls/molested girls have you counseled and/or helped financially?

What if tests show the fetus has no head? Or limbs? or is dead?
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2024, 05:59 PM
    Just trying to emulate you....
    Just once I'd like to see you have the moral courage to be responsible for your own actions.

Help those women? My wife and I have done so many times. If you will lift up your head and look, you will find that practically all crisis pregnancy centers are funded by pro-life groups. The pro-aborts want the taxpayers to do it so it won't cost them anything.

A child with no head is dead. A child that is dead is dead. A dead child, tragically, will be delivered. I never considered that to be a great mystery that needed to be explained. There are many people who have lost limbs and yet led fulfilling lives. I don't want to see them killed either before or after they are born. Don't they fall under the sixth commandment you appealed to?

So in appealing to the sixth commandment, are you now saying you are pro-life and are politically and morally opposed to abortion???
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2024, 06:24 PM
    So if the fetus is dead early in the pregnancy, the mother must carry that dead fetus to term and have an OB deliver it?

SIXTH commandment?????
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2024, 06:37 PM
    So if the fetus is dead early in the pregnancy, the mother must carry that dead fetus to term and have an OB deliver it?
    Can't be done. The baby will spontaneously abort in that case. And, of course, an abortion of an already dead baby can be done as well. Happens rather frequently. It's called a miscarriage.

SIXTH commandment?????
    Yes. That's the one you referred to. "Thou shall not kill." More accurately, it is a command not to commit murder.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2024, 06:45 PM
    Yes. That's the one you referred to. "Thou shall not kill." More accurately, it is a command not to commit murder.
    In my Bible, and during all of my years of Christian education, "Thou shalt not kill" is the Fifth Commandment.
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2024, 06:50 PM
    The fifth commandment is to honor mom and dad. And I will happily admit that while I know them, I don’t know them in order. I always look it up as I did in this case.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2024, 07:12 PM
    4th Commandment is honor your father and mother.

What church/denomination do you belong to?
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2024, 07:28 PM
    Nope. Fourth commandment is to honor the Sabbath.

Name:  TC.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  72.6 KB

Evidently I belong to the branch of the church that knows the Ten Commandments.

And again.

https://www.the-ten-commandments.org...mandments.html

And then one more time.
    Exodus 20:20 And God spoke all these words:
    2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
    3 “You shall have no other gods before[a] me.
    4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.
    7 “You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.
    8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
    12 “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
    13 “You shall not murder.
    14 “You shall not commit adultery.
    15 “You shall not steal.
    16 “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.
    17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”

Need more???
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 27, 2024, 08:29 PM
    Sorry, you must not be Protestant.
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2024, 04:32 AM
    Have it your way. In a day when men can believe they are women, you can certainly believe that the sixth commandment is the fifth commandment, and the fifth commandment is the fourth commandment, even when the Protestant scripture used by the Lutherans disagrees with you. I guess the first commandment is, for you, the zeroeth commandment???

Exodus 20 NRSVUE - The Ten Commandments - Then God spoke - Bible Gateway

At least you have seen that abortion is a violation of the whatever it is commandment against murder. I will happily take that as being significant progress.
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2024, 05:28 AM
    Good grief!! Even Young's Literal Translation somehow messed it up. I'm going to get those people to call you so you can set them straight on the Nine Commandments. [a little humor]

Exodus 20 YLT - `And God speaketh all these words, - Bible Gateway
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2024, 08:36 AM
    And here is the solution. Turns out we are both correct.

The “Ten Commandments” of Exodus 34:28 is literally “ten words” in Hebrew. Because the Bible does not enumerate the ten words, people have assigned different numerical values to them. That explains the three systems of numbering the Ten Commandments that have long existed.Martin Luther did not restructure the Ten Commandments; he simply retained the numbering system of the Roman Catholic Church.
    A second system that most Protestant churches use splits the First Commandment into two commandments and contains one commandment on coveting.
    A third system frames the first “word” as an introduction: “I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery” (Exodus 20:2). There is then one commandment on idolatry and one commandment on coveting.
    None of the numbering systems omit the content of the Ten Commandments. The systems simply arrange the content differently.
    Numbering of Ten Commandments – WELS
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2024, 09:06 AM
    The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:1-17)

God gave Moses the Ten Commandments on Mount Sinai.

1. I am the Lord, your God, you shall have no other gods before me.
    2. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
    3. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
    4. Honor your father and mother.
    5. You shall not kill.
    6. You shall not commit adultery.
    7. You shall not steal.
    8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
    9. You shall not covet your neighbor's house.
    10. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his manservant, or his maidservant, or his cattle, or anything that is your neighbor's.
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2024, 11:08 AM
    Please read what was posted above in 38.

And again, you now agree that abortion is a violation of the, for you, fifth commandment. That's real progress.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alabama football [ 1 Answers ]

How much does a print numbered 1349/5000 by larry bishop called the legend sell for?

How to put fathers name on because in Alabama [ 2 Answers ]

I was a minor when I had my son my mom told me I couldn't put his fathers name on because and now I want him on there I live in Alabama what do I need to do

Alabama law [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter is 11 and my son is 8. Can they legally share a bedroom?

Grandparent right in Alabama [ 3 Answers ]

Are there grandparent rights in Alabama? If so what are the conditions?

View more questions Search