Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2024, 11:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Please read what was posted above in 38.

And again, you now agree that abortion is a violation of the, for you, fifth commandment. That's real progress.
    I read it after you posted it.

Progress? I always have believed that and have helped counseling clients figure out a better way.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2024, 12:52 PM
    You've always believed that abortion is a violation of God's law? Huh. I would never have thought considering past remarks you've made. Just in the past two days you made the ones below. They are scarcely a stalwart, highly principled defense of the rights of unborn children to be born and not killed by abortion. You did, of course, state that you were against abortion, and yet months ago you claimed I was MISTAKEN for opposing abortion. So you seem to be terribly confused about the subject.

And what will happen to all those unwanted babies that will get born?

And guess how many babies are languishing, waiting to be adopted. Heck, let's add hundreds more to that number. The demand right now is NOT enormous.

Why is there a fetus?

How did the woman conceive? Was she raped? Is she happily married - or not? Did she give consent to intercourse? How old is she?

Because you wash your hands of the situation and give no financial or moral support to a female who wants or needs an abortion.

How many women/teen girls/molested girls have you counseled and/or helped financially?

What if tests show the fetus has no head? Or limbs? or is dead?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2024, 02:06 PM
    So a 12-year-old girl who was raped and made pregnant by her uncle must carry that baby for nine months and then deliver it. Of course!!!
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2024, 02:28 PM
    Says the person who wants others to believe she is against abortion because it violates God's law against murder.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2024, 03:03 PM
    Says the person who wants others to believe she is against abortion because it violates God's law against murder.
    If that girl is your granddaughter, what would you advise?
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2024, 03:08 PM
    If that girl is your granddaughter, what would you advise?
    Asks the person who really thinks others will believe that she is against abortion.

I would advise her not to have her unborn child murdered. It's the same advice I would give her if she had a newborn that was a problem for her. The reason is that I actually take the fifth/sixth commandment seriously. It's not just lip service for a message board. If you are genuinely against abortion, your posts should reflect that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2024, 04:08 PM
    So you would allow, even encourage, your granddaughter, who probably doesn't even understand how she got pregnant and even all the ramifications of pregnancy, and that she has nearly nine months of possible physical and emotional misery ahead of her, to drop out of school meanwhile and look foward to having a cute little baby.
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2024, 04:33 PM
    Yeah. You’re the person is who is against abortion. Right.

My granddaughter would have great physical and emotional support. She would be able to live the rest of her life with a clean conscience. And she would be encouraged not engage in the use of cheap, meaningless cliches.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2024, 04:39 PM
    I'm asking YOU, sweetie, to make sure you know what tortures you may create for loved ones. Since you've never been female and unwillingly pregnant, especially at 12 in an undeveloped body, apparently obeying an OT commandment is more important to you than showing Christ's love.
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2024, 05:10 PM
    The usual excuses for you. It never ends.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2024, 05:29 PM
    The same avoidance for you. It never ends. You'd rather be punitive and obey a commandment instead of reflecting and reaching out with God's wondrous love.
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2024, 06:24 PM
    So you appeal to God's wondrous love to justify the brutal killing of an innocent child? To you, it's all done because of the love of Jesus? It can evidently excuse any perverse desire of yours.

I avoid nothing. I am opposed to abortion and I am consistent in that belief. You do what is convenient and you are consistent in that belief as well.
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2024, 06:36 PM
    If you want to endorse abortion, then be honest enough to just come out with it. Everyone knows where you stand anyway.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2024, 06:52 PM
    I will pray for you.
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2024, 07:16 PM
    You justify an abortion by appealing to Gods love. Wow. I will pray for you as well.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 28, 2024, 07:46 PM
    I did not!

Your reading comprehension is slipping badly.
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2024, 07:50 PM
    That's exactly what you did, and now you want to deny it.

obeying an OT commandment is more important to you than showing Christ's love.
    It's pretty clear. Just go ahead and end the baby's life because of Christ's love.

Now if that was not your intended meaning, then here's your opportunity to clear up the misunderstanding. What did you mean to say?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 29, 2024, 08:39 AM
    Which is more important: that unwanted baby created by force and lust or the mental and physical health of the young girl who was raped and every day for nine months (and more) is reminded of that? The OT commandments were rewritten by Jesus' love and sacrifice in the NT and are now our guides in life, not "have to"s.
    Uber Member

Mar 29, 2024, 09:56 AM
    Which is more important: that unwanted baby
    Perhaps you can tell me what could ever be more important than the life of that baby. The fact that, in your view, it is "unwanted" is appalling to me. And the idea that you would justify the killing of that baby by appealing to the love of Jesus just shows how little you understand His love. Just tragic.

What you are doing is typical of how the pro-abortion crowd tries to frame the issue. You find a 1/10,000 case and suggest that a baby from rape could never be wanted and is thus available for killing. It is their desperate effort to make a pro-death position seem noble. It fails always.

You should be very careful. The day might very well come when you are unwanted. Then what?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 29, 2024, 10:34 AM
    Perhaps you can tell me what could ever be more important than the life of that baby. The fact that, in your view, it is "unwanted" is appalling to me. And the idea that you would justify the killing of that baby by appealing to the love of Jesus just shows how little you understand His love. Just tragic.

What you are doing is typical of how the pro-abortion crowd tries to frame the issue. You find a 1/10,000 case and suggest that a baby from rape could never be wanted and is thus available for killing. It is their desperate effort to make a pro-death position seem noble. It fails always.

You should be very careful. The day might very well come when you are unwanted. Then what?
    A product of rape? A 12-year-old girl who has to drop out of school for at least a year, throughout her life remembering the terrors of the rape, and whose immature body struggles with that thing growing inside her and robbing her of nutrients.

Genesis 2:7 (KJV): And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Until that fetus takes its first breath, it is not a living soul.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Alabama football [ 1 Answers ]

How much does a print numbered 1349/5000 by larry bishop called the legend sell for?

How to put fathers name on because in Alabama [ 2 Answers ]

I was a minor when I had my son my mom told me I couldn't put his fathers name on because and now I want him on there I live in Alabama what do I need to do

Alabama law [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter is 11 and my son is 8. Can they legally share a bedroom?

Grandparent right in Alabama [ 3 Answers ]

Are there grandparent rights in Alabama? If so what are the conditions?

View more questions Search