Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jstcurious Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 03:51 PM
    No guns are to be where son is cared for. In laws have guns
    The court papers say that there are to be no firearms anywhere that my son is being cared for. My son is 5, my ex wants to take him out of state to see his family for 4 days. His father has 5 guns, including 2 that belong to my ex. His mother and sisters all have guns... There is a currant restraining order on my ex that says he canot handle firearms for 8 years. (yet he has been to shooting ranges and broken this rule. I can't prove this in court though) My question is... what can I do about this? Is there anyway to keep my son from staying outside of the homes if he has to go, or some other compromise? If I say no altogether, I'm afraid he will take me to court and the judge will make him go anyway. How do I make sure my son is safe?
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Apr 22, 2007, 04:04 PM
    From reading both your posts -- It seems to me like you are trying to come up with any reason you can to deprive your son of knowing his fathers family. -- Savage
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 22, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Sorry but firearms when properly handled and stored are not a problem, and I actually don't think your court order could hold up to an appeal to a higher court, It violates a citizens constitutional rights..

So it seems you need to really get a personal grip on reality on this one,
    You want to keep your son from learning about his fathers family as noted.

I would say you are bitter from the divorce and using your poor child to fight with your ex over. This is the worst example of silliness I have ever seen.

I have raised 5 boys and have 8 grandkids, and if any of their ex's tried to stop them coming because of guns in the house, they would be buried in law suits.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 22, 2007, 06:30 PM
    Get proof of the firearms and your ex's drug abuse and take it to the judge, aside from that, you have to abide by the visitation decree. Other than that, you must have proof.

I am totally with Chuck here, as I have many many firearms in my home and 4 children aging in range... 21, 19, 13 and 5. They are all respectful of the dangers of firearms (of course their dad is a master gunsmith).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to know custody laws. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm pregnant and the father of the child left me and I need to know what the laws there are on custody and child support. Any help would be fantastic. I really need to get educated on this, because I'm afraid he will try to take my baby away from me.

Absentee laws? [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter is in first grade. Where I live a child can miss 10 days of school whether having a doctors excuse. Everything after 10 days has to be a doctors excuse. This year she has missed 11 days of school and all were excused by a doctors note. However, last night she ate something...

Air pressure guns for drains [ 1 Answers ]

I own several apartments and have several bathrooms in our home for which I am responsible. The air pressure gun that I used to have to help open drains broke. I have not been able to find a replacement locally and could not seem to pinpoint such a product on the internet. Can someone provide...

UN wants your guns 7/04/06 [ 47 Answers ]

Read the following, wake up everyone!!!!!!!!!!! Link: http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul330.html

Ex in laws [ 2 Answers ]

I have been divorced for 3 years. I have 4 children. Here's the dealio. My ex has only seen our children once in the past 3 years. Due to his drug addiction, he separated himself from the children and his family (parents siblings, etc.). His parents during this time have spoke to him on occasion....

View more questions Search