Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MartyTaylor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 03:48 PM
    In Debt and Dying
    My name is Marty. I am a male. 55 years old. Ex-smoker. I am pretty sure I have Lung Cancer. Will find out for sure on Wednesday, April 25th. after the biopsy.

I am scared and am worried about my two daughters, ages 22 and 21. I have a regular job, but I am in debt. Mortgage on the house and big time Credit Card Bills. Lots of money is owed. I have little savings.

If I should die soon, what will happen to all my bills? Who is responsible for my debts that I have incurred?

This worries me tremendously as I do not want to be a burden to my love ones. I do not know what to do. Can you help me?

Marty
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Apr 22, 2007, 04:11 PM
    Am so terribly sorry to hear about your health. I hope you receive good news from your doctor.

Please follow this thread on estate and family. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...ghlight=estate

Also read through this thread on estate and debts after death: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...ghlight=estate
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 22, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Unless someone else is listed on the debts, they just don't get paid.

And of course we hope you a long life. But if something does happen your estate is would be settled anything you own would be sold and those bills paid, if there is any bills left, they just don't get paid,
    Tira68 Posts: 10, Reputation: 4
    -

May 1, 2007, 08:29 PM
    What Fr Chuck said is true. My father who was in debt died Sept. 2006, and I have not had to be responsible for any of it. Just a thought... have you considered filing bankrupsy? Then you would know for sure that your daughters wouldn't have to worry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dying roots? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I am asking this for a friend but she dyed her brown hair blonde but the roots are starting to show. How should she redo her roots? Should she just put hair dye on the top? Or can she just put hairdye on her whold head ? She is afraid that if she just does the roots she will miss some and get...

I think I'm dying... [ 2 Answers ]

Please help... My boyfriend and I broke up and I was hoping someone could give me an idea or two for an amazing romantic gesture... that doesn't cost anything... and that would REALLY fix and help things... I don't want to lose him because he is truly the only guy that really cares... we've been...

Contacted by debt collector after notification that debt was not valid [ 1 Answers ]

I was contacted by a debt collection agency by phone stating that I owed $686.00 from 1991. I returned the call to find out what this pertained to and the gave me the name a store credit card that I had at that time - during that period my ex- husband filed bankruptsy and all accounts ( personal...

Question #2 Debt Validation: Should I wait out and old debt? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Concerning the Debt Validation / Verification process: If a debt is due to expire (over 7 years old) in a couple of months, is it better to validate /verify it; or wait it out and then get it removed - that is, will the act of verifying the debt renew the life of the debt if it is proved...

Dying Fish [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Guys, My kids have an aquarium at home medium size which has got a filter and they are changing the water and cleaning the whole stuff occasionally but not late. They are feeding them morning and evening according to the instructions from the pet shop. They have to buy new fishes in every two...

View more questions Search