Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chirodo Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 02:18 PM
    92 civic still won't start, but cranks over fine.
    My 92 civic still won't start, but cranks over fine. The check engine turns on and off like normal (like when the car use to run) when attempting to turn the key in the on position. I've just replaced the distributor thinking the coil or the ignitor was at falt
    (it has lifetime warranty from Autozone). The timing belt and components were replaced 29,000 miles ago and the head gasket set was replaced 800 miles ago. How can you tell if the fuel pump is not working? I'm not hearing the two second humm when I'm about to turn on the car. Could it be the main relay, the ECM, a faulty distributor from Autone's shelf, MAP sensor, or something else? What do you guys think?
    Desert_Dust Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 22, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Check the fuel pump. You should hear it run for a few seconds when you turn the key on. If not it could be the fuel pump relay or the fuel pump. I had the same problem with a 93 civic. I was lucky it was the relay. Good luck.
    chirodo Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2007, 04:14 AM
    I'll check it out, and I'll get back to you. Thanks!!
    redp70 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Apr 23, 2007, 03:49 PM
    Check the fuel pressure
    mcdade1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2007, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chirodo
    My 92 civic still won't start, but cranks over fine. The check engine turns on and off like normal (like when the car use to run) when attempting to turn the key in the on position. I've just replaced the distributor thinking the coil or the ignitor was at falt
    (it has lifetime warranty from Autozone). The timing belt and components were replaced 29,000 miles ago and the head gasket set was replaced 800 miles ago. How can you tell if the fuel pump is not working? I'm not hearing the two second humm when I'm about to turn on the car. Could it be the main relay, the ECM, a faulty distributor from Autone's shelf, MAP sensor, or something else? What do you guys think?
    Check your ignition module on your distributor, if there is a white chalky powder coming out, then its bad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 civic engine cranks but it won't start! [ 104 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 92 civic dx manual with 188k miles My son drove it to School had it towed home. The engine cranks over but it won’t start. I’m not getting fuel over to the fuel rail. I have no pressure. I got no problem codes. Check engine light never came on.

My 92 Honda civic cranks over but won't Start! [ 5 Answers ]

My 92 civic has 228,000 miles, turns over but won't start. I had replaced the distributor thinking the ignitor was at falt, battery is good, timing belt and components were changed 29,000 miles ago. There is NO check engine light coming on, only when I'm trying to start the car. I can hear the fuel...

94 civic hatchback cranks but doesn't start [ 2 Answers ]

The car cranks over really strong, has spark, fuel, and compression although on the 1st cylinder the compression is lower by 50 psi, and the rest are at like 180psi. I was thinking that it might be the timing, but I'm not sure, sometimes it seems like it's going to start then it just goes back to...

2000 civic ex, cold start problems, runs fine otherwise [ 18 Answers ]

I need help, I read so many posts on here, TXgreasemokey seemed to be most helpful. Here is my situation I have 2000 civic EX, runs great normally never had an issue, Maintenance has been done at or before every interval. And I do have a mechanic in the family to help with things. I started...

View more questions Search