Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2024, 07:24 AM
    It's the jobs stupid
    So why spend $billions of monopoly war bucks for Ukraine ?

Is it for national security reasons ? Nah

Is it for some moral obligation like defending democracy or supporting an ally ? Nah

It's the jobs stupid !!!

Industrial production in the U.S. defense and space sector has increased 17.5% since Russia launched its full-scale invasion of Ukraine two years ago, according to Federal Reserve data.
    Biden administration officials say that of the $60.7 billion earmarked for Ukraine in a $95 billion supplemental defense bill, 64% will actually flow back to the U.S. defense industrial base.
    “That’s one of the things that is misunderstood…how important that funding is for employment and production around the country,” Lael Brainard, director of the White House National Economic Council, said in an interview Wednesday.
    How War in Europe Boosts the U.S. Economy - WSJ

Under that logic ;why not massively increase military aid to Israel ?

Check out some similar questions!

Can HR from past employment jobs destroy your credibility with new jobs... [ 11 Answers ]

I'll try and not be specific - I am a recovered addict, I have done things that probably would have gotten me arrested but haven't, and I have gotten the attention of the authorities because of it. I have tried to get me life on track and my past keep chasing me. I have unintentionally ruined by...

How stupid can you get? [ 15 Answers ]

Apparently Bob Geldoff, who is an expert in economic matters and employment, wants to offer advice to Australia on how to solve the skills shortage Australia 'economically stupid', says Geldoff We really think the advice of an itinerant englishman might be useful in this context since they have...

Was this something stupid to ask? [ 3 Answers ]

I was talking to her in myspace last week and stuff. She goes to my school. She was saying hi to me in school. But I left a comment saying "What she thought when she saw me in school" and she never answer back. Should I leave her a comment or is it going to look like am obsessed. Also am embaressed...

Something stupid I did [ 10 Answers ]

My ex is my boyfriend's brother. I now it is stupid I went out with my boyfriend's brother, but that's not the point. I still have slight feelings for my ex but I have more for my boyfriend. But my ex keeps flirting with me and trying to get back with me. I have already had a word with him about it...

Stupid, Stupid Me. [ 13 Answers ]

So I had unprotected sex with someone I knew for a day. I am usually very good about these things but things just got out of control. She went back to the states and I haven't talked to her since nor do I have a way to. I pulled out before I finished but then we continued after that. My question...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.