Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2024, 03:15 PM
    No, I meant diversity with someone else's kids.
    A plan to combine two elem. schools in D.C. has not been, shall we say, enthusiastically received. One of the schools is 80% black and largely low income while the other is 60% white with most of the kids well off. The liberal parents of the well off kids are trying to make the point that diversity is an idea whose time has arrived for somewhere else. Some have volunteered that they will move if the plan goes ahead.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/plan-b...l-neighborhood

He also worried that teachers would leave the school because of the integration, an issue brought up during a tense town hall meeting with Maury families back in November.
    "A lot of parents are already satisfied with Maury, and this jeopardizes that satisfaction," he added.
    Maury parent-teacher association co-president Shavanna Miller was one of the people who spoke up at the town hall and said children can "fall through the cracks" when they move from one school to another.
    "I think it’s not just because the children have to adjust their environment. I think it’s because a whole new set of adults needs to understand the kids, understand their family, understand their needs and how to best support them," she said.
    Some Maury parents admitted that they would consider leaving the area if the plan goes through.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2024, 04:00 AM
    Wow a flashback moment 1974-76 in liberal Boston

At least 40 riots occurred during the attempt to achieve integration by bussing.

Busing’s Boston Massacre | Hoover Institution Busing’s Boston Massacre
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2024, 05:49 AM
    Busing was a really bad idea. It's hard to take in the damage caused by the extreme elements of school integration. In my state, there are literally dozens of cities and towns that have seen a significant loss in population and property values because parents chose to move out of town to avoid being compelled to make what they viewed as a poor choice for their children.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Protein diversity [ 3 Answers ]

The human genome contain 25000- 30000 genes why we are able to make a large number of proteins and what are the factors that contribute to protein diversity ?

Diversity Visa [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently in nonimmigrant visa ,I am a Diversity loto winner for the FY October 2007 to September 2008. According to the Visa bulletin posted on may 2008 my visa number is current in July 2008. Can anybody tell me if I can apply for Adjustment of status in this June 2008 or I will have...

Can diversity destroy us? [ 19 Answers ]

An interesting article, wonder what your thoughts are?

View more questions Search