Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2024, 05:17 AM
    Iowa insanity
    The city of Des Moines allows religious displays at the State Capitol during the December holiday season. This is not limited to mangers and menorahs . Any "religious " group can put up a display. If they worship the cosmic muffin they are given space.

So this "Satanic "group (that is actually secular and doesn't claim to believe in Satan)

• DO YOU WORSHIP SATAN?
    • No, nor do we believe in the existence of Satan or the supernatural. The Satanic Temple believes that religion can, and should, be divorced from superstition. As such, we do not promote a belief in a personal Satan. To embrace the name Satan is to embrace rational inquiry removed from supernaturalism and archaic tradition-based superstitions. Satanists should actively work to hone critical thinking and exercise reasonable agnosticism in all things. Our beliefs must be malleable to the best current scientific understandings of the material world — never the reverse.

Answers to the most common questions about The Satanic Temple - TST

They went to the local craft store and purchased a bunch of supplies and constructed a horned demon named Baphomet

It sorta looks like aluminum foil and some Good Will garments .It was stuffed with plastic bags .

Michael Cassidy, a former congressional and legislative candidate from Mississippi, took offense and lopped off it's head. He was properly charged with a misdemeanor count of criminal mischief.

Not content with such a minor charge ;the Polk County Prosecutor has added hate crime charges that are felonies .

Satanic display in Iowa Capitol: Michael Cassidy charged with hate crime for alleged vandalism (kcci.com)

I don't know . If it were me and I was brought to trial over something like this; my defense would be 'the devil made me do it '

Check out some similar questions!

reparations insanity [ 32 Answers ]

49456 I keep waiting for a rep plan that involves white people, and especially those descended from slave owners, to have to fork over 5 or 10 grand every year for the next twenty years to fund these insane plans. But that won't happen since it would involve those who are guilt ridden having to...

Right Wing Insanity [ 187 Answers ]

Hello: A while back I heard that the candidate for governor of Florida was advocating drug testing for welfare recipients... I laughed and laughed and laughed... THAT stuff doesn't happen in THIS country... We have a Constitution, for crying out loud.. That guy will NEVER get elected... And,...

Insanity [ 3 Answers ]

How does one get an insane wife committed?

Government insanity [ 242 Answers ]

Ahhh... our ever-efficient government strikes again. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090929/ap_on_re_us/us_baby_sitter_backlash_mich A couple of questions. 1) Who is the schmuck that complained that his neighbor was watching other people's kids? I want to find that idiot and just...

Collectible Pepsi Bottle for 1977 University of Iowa vs Iowa State Football [ 1 Answers ]

I need to try and find the value for a Still Sealed Commemorative 1977 University of Iowa vs Iowa State Football Pepsi Bottle. I need this for insurance issues. It seems the Post Office can't tell what F-R-A-G-I-L-E means. They managed to break one of the set even though they were wrapped in bubble...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.