Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2024, 06:23 AM
    Os Guinness Golden Triangle of Freedom
    Listening to Os Guinness yesterday and he described the triangle of freedom accepted by the founding fathers. I posted it below. It outlines the fact that religious belief is the key to virtue, and virtue is essential for freedom.

Name:  triangle of freedom 2.png
Views: 6
Size:  40.3 KB
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2024, 07:06 AM
    The founders believed that a republic could not survive without a moral citizenry ;and that religion was fundamental for a moral people.

The most famous quote on that was from John Adams .

Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” Morality and virtue are the foundation of our republic and necessary for a society to be free."

But there are others .Washington is quoted It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, (and) to obey his will.”

Even Jefferson who is falsely accused of having been an atheist (he was not ...he was a deist) said" Whatever is to be our destiny, wisdom, as well as duty, dictates that we should acquiesce in the will of Him whose it is to give and take away.”

His belief was that the creator set everything in motion but did not intervene afterwards .
    Still he took to heart the teachings of Jesus .When he sliced and diced the bible he wrote to Adams to explain that Jesus’s moral laws are" the most sublime and benevolent code of morals which has ever been offered to man.”
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2024, 08:45 AM
    There has to be a transcendent source in order to have a genuine moral code. Without that, it all becomes nothing more than opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Golden Idol Replacing The Golden Calf [ 7 Answers ]

Wandering in the desert, the Israelites abandoned their God and set up a new god in the Golden Calf. Likewise, the Republicans, wandering and lost, abandoned their principles and set up a golden idol of their new God - King Trump. The bizarre statue they made to honor Trump was fodder for his...

I have a ring with the hallmark c in a triangle & c in a triangle, what does this mea [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ring with the Hallmark c (in a triangle) then &, then another c (in a triangle). The color of the ring is gold. There are no other markings

What is the sugar content in a can of Guinness? [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knows how much sugar is in a 440 ml can of Guinness draught beer. I heard that the calorie content is only slightly higher than regular beer and dark beers are much healthier.

'Guinness Time' pocket watch - what's its value? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, my Grandfather owns a pocket watch, very much like the one on this site: Lot 318: A Guinness Time pocket watch, the dial depicting a - Featured on Artfact.com It has the words 'Guinness Time' on it, and a toucan that nods every half-second. It still works, and in perfect (ish)...

Guinness Book of Records [ 9 Answers ]

Sleeping Beauty, Tom Thumb, and Quasimodo were all talking one day. Sleeping Beauty said, "I believe myself to be the most beautiful girl in the world." Tom Thumb said, "I must be the smallest person in the world." Quasimodo said, "I absolutely have to be the most disgusting person in...

View more questions Search