Yeah, we got a little ol' convoy
    Ain't she a beautiful sight?
    Come on and join our convoy
    Ain't nothin' gonna get in our way
    We gonna roll this truckin' convoy
    'Cross the USA

(Convoy by CW McCall )

Beware the mostly peaceful "insurrection" that will happen on February 3 ,

A big beautiful convoy is being mobilized to converge on the border areas of Texas, Arizona ,and California .

“Most importantly, peacefully and lawfully is our number one goal. We are working with local law enforcement. We are not some rogue group of people. We are just citizens in America who live near the border, who want to get our voices and use our First Amendment properly and lawfully and peacefully, honestly,”

Convoy of Truckers Heading Toward Texas Border - Todd Starnes

Press Release (takeourborderback.com)

The potential for mischief by the Clueless Joe minions is immense . There are still Jan 6 protesters languishing in jail under dubious charges . Wouldn't Mayorkas and DHS love to flex some muscle ?

Just remember how Trudeau dealt with the Canadian convoy .

Banks freeze millions in convoy funds under Trudeau edict - BNN Bloomberg
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2024, 10:26 AM
    Read this morning that the projection is for 700 thousand vehicles to follow several routes into Texas and end up with one LARGE rally at some point. It's all set to kick off on Monday. I just wonder how that many vehicles will be able to stay up on fuel.
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2024, 05:08 PM
    A perfect description of liberal dems who claim to care about these illegal immigrants.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/NWZ__...?feature=share
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2024, 03:07 AM
    NIIMBY No Illegals In My Back Yard
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2024, 07:01 AM
    Read this on Facebook and liked it.

I have thought so many times about Nehemiah. With the walls in shambles, he gathered abundant resources and manpower and restored the wall in 52 days. The men often fought with a sword in one hand while building with the other in order to secure the city. Nehemiah was so committed to the work that he shunned the sneaky attempts of Sanballat and others to try and pull him off-task. I don't know of a single person who wants to stop LEGAL immigration -- there are laws in place that, if followed, are effective. Even Clinton and Obama stood before the American people and proclaimed, "We are a nation of laws, and we cannot allow unfettered illegal movement into our country." This president and his administration have done more damage to the Republic than any president in my 71 years.
    If you break into my home through a locked window, then you will be arrested. If I leave my windows and doors open, then you might rightly conclude that I don't really care.
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2024, 07:09 AM
    The President is a lying dog faced pony soldier

He now says he would shut down the border if only Congress would pass legislation .

“A bipartisan bill would be good for America and help fix our broken immigration system and allow speedy access for those who deserve to be here, and Congress needs to get it done,” Biden said. “It’ll also give me as president, the emergency authority to shut down the border until it could get back under control. If that bill were the law today, I’d shut down the border right now and fix it quickly.”
    Biden offers to shut down border if Congress sends him a deal | AP News

We have laws . What is needed is a Chief Executive who would enforce the law.
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2024, 08:24 AM
    This incredible statement will, of course, go completely unchallenged by our eagle-eyed, impartial national media.
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2024, 05:04 PM
    Today the House voted to deport illegals who were caught driving under the influence.
    A no brainer ...... right ?

Unanimous vote ..... right ?

WRONG !!!!!!

Although 59 Dems crossed the aisle ;there were 150 DEM REPS WHO VOTED AGAINST DEPORTING ILLEGALS CAUGHT DUI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

House passes bill strengthening ability to block immigrants for DUIs | The Hill
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2024, 08:11 PM
    Makes you wonder if those 150 would even vote to deport the ones who are terrorists.
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2024, 12:11 PM
    Attention Texas. You should begin to put up billboards and hand out flyers. "New York City will give immigrants free money! Head up north."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new...Xr7SBbzLmJmGdw
    Ultra Member

Feb 4, 2024, 03:21 AM
    for their culturally relevant diets and the baby supplies

Of course NY has all this surplus $$$$$ to give away . At the same time they have said it was permissible to hire illegals without proper documentation ....... and ironically this makes much more sense than this idiotic idea of pre-paid debit cards with no strings attached . Does the moron mayor really believe that the $$$ will be used to fuel the NYC economy ? Maybe some of it ;but I bet a significant part will go to out of state purchases or to remittances
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2024, 06:19 AM
    It's been a long, down-hill slide since the days of Giuliana.
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2024, 05:18 AM
    The Senate border bill is garbage

It is only enforceable if the DAILY number of illegals exceeds 5,000 in a 5 day period.It adds incentives for more illegals to come .

(simple Tom does the math 5,000 illegals a day x 365 days = 1,825,000 illegals permitted each year............that is what the Senate believes "controlling the border means . That must be close to the infiltration now . Can't say Schmucky doesn't have a sense of humor. )

It gives automatic work permits to "asylum" recipients (aka anyone who successfully crosses the border and claims asylum ) Claims will be rapidly processed (aka approved ) . It creates 50,000 additional Green Cards a year for five years.

There is more money allocated to the Ukraine rabbit hole than to border security . ($20 billion to the border $60 billion to Ukraine) .

Aid to Israel($14 billion ) is held hostage to the passage of this bill and probably other more important funding priorities than aid to Ukraine

(where a coup by a General is likely in the coming days

Why Ukraine's General Valeriy Zaluzhnyi Is a Problem for Zelenskiy - Bloomberg)

I believe the aid to the Marshall Islands and Micronesia are also hostage to the passage of the bill.
    is the defense of Micronesia in our national security interests ? (askmehelpdesk.com)

In no way does this bill "shut down the border " ;as Clueless claimed he would do with it's passage.

And with the Senate shutting out the House in negotiations ,it is unlikely to pass at all . That of course was the real Dem goal
    They could have their open border and blame House Repubs for it .

The bill is called bipartisan because 1 Repub ( James Lankford (R., Okla.), ) was involved in the negotiations ;and of course Shmucky Shumer is giving the Senate a whole 2 days to vote on the Senate approval of this 370 page deal . Sen. Mike Lee (R., Utah) said that “no self-respecting senator should agree to vote” on the bill
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2024, 05:35 AM
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2024, 06:05 AM
    Is this bill DOA once it hits the House?
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2024, 06:59 AM
    That is what Johnson says . As noted ;the failure to adopt this measure gives the Dems a ready reply to the charge that they are responsible for the lack of border enforcement . There are a significant number of Wall Street Repubs ;even in the House ;who love the idea of the cheap labor to exploit . If it came to a vote they would cross the aisle .
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2024, 07:15 AM
    My hope is that the Texas response by Abbott forces this to become a national debate in the election. Let the people decide the right response to the border . Clowns like Schucky and Yertle want the issue to remain unresolved . This bill they hope gives them cover.
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2024, 02:18 PM
    This is pertinent to this thred and where I said the Dems want to destroy the federal system .

This is in the Senate bill about the right to challenge deportation decisions ......

"The United States District Court for the District of Columbia shall have sole and original jurisdiction to hear challenges, whether constitutional or otherwise, to the validity of this section or any written policy directive, written policy guideline, written procedure, or the implementation thereof

Any Repub Senator that votes in favor of this bill ;for this reason alone regardless of the rest of their record ; should be voted out of office .
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2024, 04:17 AM
    Andrew McCarthy nails it

That is to say, the good in the bipartisan Senate negotiators’ proposal — and there definitely is some — (a) can already be accomplished under current law, and (b) would require faith that the Biden administration will for some reason enforce these provisions even though it has systematically refused to enforce existing border-security provisions.

More important, to get the illusory good in the proposal, Congress would have to enact provisions in the deal that would both undermine existing statutory restrictions and etch into our law magnets for illegal immigration.

There is no legal requirement that any alien who sets foot on American soil be permitted to apply for asylum (which is a discretionary act of national clemency, not a right of the alien).

There is similarly no mandate that such aliens be routed into a “process” that enables them to remain — even though their first contact with our nation is to flout its laws, and even though empowering illegal aliens this way is patently harmful to aliens who are attempting to enter by complying with our laws.

To state it clearly, it is not true under existing federal law that an illegal alien who makes it onto U.S. soil has a right to be processed or seek asylum. As things stand, that is a wayward proposition, and there is no need for a new law to reform it. To the extent that the senators claim otherwise, they are either misinformed or misleading us.

Senate Border Deal Should Be Rejected on the Merits | National Review

The bill would instead tie the hands of future administrations from action they would take.

As McCarthy points out ;the President ALREADY has the statutory power to close the border .He chooses to not do so,

8 U.S. Code § 1182 - Inadmissible aliens | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute (cornell.edu)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

OMG! There IS gonna be a reality show called "The Real First Family of D.C." [ 8 Answers ]

Hello: Read about it HERE. We HAVE gone through the looking glass, haven't we??? Or is the pot I smoked better than I thought?? excon

Animated movie about "birth" of rock n roll, in the 80s [ 6 Answers ]

There was an animated movie back in the 80s about a young man in the streets who ends up a rock and roll star. There were some great songs on the soundtrack by Gerry Rafferty, Bruce Hornsby, Bob Seeger and such. Anybody know the title of that movie and where I might get a hold of a DVD?

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Replaced motor now getting "Limit or Flame Roll Out Switch" error [ 11 Answers ]

I replaced the blower motor , and now I'm getting "Limit or Flame Roll Out Switch" error 33. So yes it works, but sometimes it quit with that error and restart immediately. So if it's 66F now and I set it to 70F. It will go all the way to 69F and then quit with that error and start again and so...

View more questions Search