I wanna be a producer
    Show the world just what I've got
    I'm gonna put on shows
    That will enthral 'em
    Read my name in
    Winchell's Column

I wanna be a producer
    Because it's everything I'm not
    ('I wanna be a Producer ' from the Mel Brooks Broadway show 'The Producers ' )

The emperor and Michelle were contracted by Netflix to provide production content .
    Their new effort to that is called 'Leave the World Behind ' .

The movie is a tour de force of big name actors getting a pay day.(Julia Roberts, Mahershala Ali stepping into a role intended for Denzel Washington , Ethan Hawke, and Kevin Bacon; the master of disaster )

The movie is being panned . Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 1.9 of 5 review from viewers.
    Leave the World Behind - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

I thought it was unintentionally hilarious. It is about the latest version of white people being racists and causing the coming apocalypse . Bacon plays the role of the nut job MAGA to perfection. Roberts never tires of calling white people racist. Ali is the decisive role model the emperor envisions for himself.
    The movie has it all....technology out of control ;environmental disasters ; rogue Army officers ,and a survivalist food pantry stocked with all the brands that have lately been de-labeled by the woke.

The interesting thing is that the rich elite libtards are caught completely unaware . The movie may be the emperor's call for them to be prepared when the consequences of a MAGA world hits the fan. Maybe they should begin stocking their pantries with instant Uncle Ben's rice too.

The "easter eggs " in the movie are almost too numerous to count. I will have to watch it again because I'm sure I missed some.
    What Do Easter Eggs Mean In Movies? – Crazy Nate

Perhaps it is the emperor's legitimate warning of things to come .The conspiracy minded of us think that the pandemic was a preconceived outcome.
    Experts Knew a Pandemic Was Coming. Here’s What They’re Worried About Next. - POLITICO

Forewarned is forearmed and all that .

Beware of self driving Tesla's

This Tesla Cars Apocalyptic Scene Is Insane In Leave The World Behind - YouTube

Like I said .........hilarious
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2024, 04:36 PM
    The emperor produces a movie where a cyber attack causes a cargo ship to crash

Ship crashing into beach scene - Leave The World Behind (2023) - YouTube

just sayin

Full video | Francis Scott Key bridge collapses in Baltimore (youtube.com)
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2024, 03:09 AM
    Clueless Joe believes the US taxpayer should foot the bill for the repair and replacement of the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore.

Francis Scott Key Bridge reconstruction should be paid for by federal government, Biden says - CBS News

Why isn't the ship owner liable ?

The ship named 'Dali' is owned by Grace Ocean Pte Ltd out of Singapore ;and is managed by Synergy Marine Group also out of Singapore. The pilots say they lost power .

This was not the 1st time this ship was involved in a collision. 2016 the Dali was leaving port in Antwerp and struck a loading pier made of stone. An investigation found to pilot and ship's master at fault. The pier was damaged and had to be shut down.

The Dali was chartered by Maersk ; a Danish shipping company , in both instances .

This incident not only destroyed the bridge and no doubt cost the lives of people travelling across the bridge ;but has also completely shut down Baltimore harbor , one of the major east coast hubs. The harbor is a central hub for vehicles, containers and commodities. Baltimore ranks first among US ports for autos and light trucks, handling a record 850,000 vehicles last year. Rerouting to other east coast ports will cause bottlenecks and disrupt supply chains already stretched from Houthis attacks from Yemen ;a drought in Panama ;and idiotic port policies in California.

So why isn't the ship owner liable ?

There is an 1851 law on the books called 'Limitation of Liability Act of 1851'. That limits compensation to the total value of the ship.Section 3 of the 1851 Act states "the liability of the owner or owners of any ship or vessel ... shall in no case exceed the amount or value of the interest of such owner or owners respectively, in such ship or vessel, and her freight then pending".

On April 15, 1912, the British luxury liner Titanic sank in the North Atlanticoff Newfoundland, less than three hours after striking an iceberg. About 1,500people died. Far from the glamour of films now associated with the tragedy, thelives of family members of those who died were shattered, in part due to maritimeliability limits offering lean compensation at best. Under the U.S. Limitation ofLiability Act of 1851, Titanic's shipowner could limit liability to the value of theship, passenger tickets, and cargo.1 Many survivors and families of those who diedreceived no compensation at all.2 Four years after the tragic sinking, Titanic'sowner, White Star, agreed to pay about $430 per each life lost, an exceedinglymodest amount even in 1912.
    Sailing on Troubled Waters - Antiquated U.S. Maritime Liability Limits for Death and Injuries of Ship Passengers: Options for Reform
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2024, 03:36 PM
    Clueless Joe went to Baltimore and promised Federal $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ will foot the bill for rebuilding the Francis Scott Key Bridge using union labor and US made steel.

"We're going to move heaven and Earth to rebuild this bridge as rapidly as humanly possible, and we're going to do so with union labor and American steel,"

Remarks by President Biden on Rebuilding the Francis Scott Key Bridge and Reopening the Port of Baltimore | Baltimore, MD | The White House

In that effort they have sent a letter to Congress to cough up the lettuce.

Letter Regarding Authorizing Language for Rebuilding Francis Scott Key Bridge | OMB | The White House

• Holding the responsible parties accountable: President Biden also made clear that as the Administration pursues its work to clean up wreckage, clear the channel, and rebuild the bridge, it will continue to pursue all avenues to recover costs of past, current, and future work, and ensure that any compensation for damages or insurance proceeds collected will reduce costs for the American people.

FACT SHEET: Biden-Harris Administration Actions Following the Francis Scott Key Bridge Collapse | The White House

As already mentioned ;current law says there is very limited liability the shipping company is responsible for .
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Apr 5, 2024, 09:00 PM
    "We're going to move heaven and Earth to rebuild this bridge as rapidly as humanly possible, and we're going to do so with union labor and American steel,"
    Not to mention that, since the government has been basically broke for decades, they will borrow/print even more money. There will be no thought at all of how we might reduce or postpone spending elsewhere. The pres must be made to look decisive and caring!!

How about this for an idea. The pres might want to try putting that same zeal and fervor to effect in building a southern border wall.
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2024, 01:54 AM
    Grace Ocean is a privately owned (think Aristotle Onassis type wealth) operation that has a fleet of 55 vessels ;all made in China
    Newly ordered vessels - Orderbook (new-ships.com)

Just last year the Dali was cited for having deficiencies in it's propulsion system
    BREAKING: MV Dali Cited for Propulsion Issues Before Baltimore Incident (gcaptain.com)

Reports say that the company has had repeated incidents of labor violations ;mistreatment of ship crews; including underpayment ,and keeping them on board past their 9 month recruitment . Fatigue of the crew has to be examined .

Vessels Belonging to Owner of Baltimore Ship Were Cited for Labor Violations - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

They have already filed a petition of limited liability based on that pre-Civil War law that is still on the books.

They claim they are only liable for $43,670,000 (i.e., sound value of the vessel plus pending freight less repair costs and salvage costs)

Petitioners claim exoneration from liability for any and all losses or damage arising out of the Casualty and from any and all claims for damages that have been or may be filed. Petitioners further allege that they have valid defenses to any and all such claims. 24. Petitioners alternatively claim the benefits of limitation of liability provided by 46 U.S.C. §§ 30501, et seq., as supplemented and amended (the “Limitation Act”). To that end, Petitioners are ready and willing to give a stipulation with sufficient surety for the payment into the Court of the value of the Vessel and its pending freight, and for costs, as provided for by the Limitation Act, Rule F of the Supplemental Rules, and the rules and practices of this Court
    24-941-Petition&Attachments.pdf (uscourts.gov)

So instead us ;and our children and grandchildren are liable. And Clueless Joe is ok with it .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The scowling emperor [ 0 Answers ]

Below is a picture of the emperor at his new multimillion-dollar Hawaii mansion. He doesn't look like a happy camper . https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FK6FslcXsAAPi9e?format=jpg&name=small Maybe because he is another Dem caught on film mask less while construction workers around him have them...

The emperor's new castle in the sand. [ 22 Answers ]

Because nothing show concerns about climate change and rising sea levels then buying a Ocean front $15M 12 acre Mansion ,the emperor is going to purchase one on the water front of Martha's Vinyard . Forget the carbon footprint. That is off the charts . Maybe he is a closet climate denier . Or...

The Last Emperor [ 1 Answers ]

I just wanted to know if The Last Emperor (1987) is supposed to have English subtitles for the foreign speaking parts as the version I saw didn't have any. Thanks in advance.

Chinese emperor daughter is kidnapped [ 0 Answers ]

Old Chinese movie. Several bandits will kidnap the daughter of the Emperor and get her to some place far away. The Emperor all in despair will send his best prisoners to save the princess... and as a reward he will give them their freedom. So the whole movie abounds with Kung Fu Fighting and...

View more questions Search