Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 1, 2024, 05:02 AM
    Is this a generational way of thinking or actually founded in reality ?
    Are we seeing a complete disconnect between perceived reality and scientific fact, or is it merely a change in semantic usage.
    The old Sex and Gender topic yet again.

Are Sex and Gender the same and interchangeable or separate and distinct ?
    Should we, as the general public, respect each and everyone's personal choice of pronoun, or address people as they present ?
    Are pronouns, especially neo-pronouns, becoming an extension of people's names ?
    Has the whole feeling of individual entitlement gone far to far ?

I'm actually looking for a discussion, not more rhetoric.
    BossMan

Jan 2, 2024, 03:26 PM
    I'll just move and bump this one as I'm actually interested in other's views.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2024, 03:47 PM
    Has the whole feeling of individual entitlement gone far to far ?
    That's a great question. It goes back, at some level, to Jordan Peterson's argument with the Canadian government trying to compel their people to address deceived people in a certain, government-prescribed manner. We have to absolutely resist that.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 2, 2024, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Are Sex and Gender the same and interchangeable or separate and distinct ?
    Sex is what one sees when someone is naked. Gender is what that naked person's brain says.
    Should we, as the general public, respect each and everyone's personal choice of pronoun, or address people as they present ?
    Sure. Why shouldn't we? It's really not difficult! (And for jlisenbe, it gives me an opportunity to love unconditionally and to tell the individual about His love.)
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2024, 05:20 AM
    Sex is what one sees when someone is naked. Gender is what that naked person's brain says.
    A completely made-up set of daffynitions only brought about recently by the transgender movements desire to normalize their mental delusions. The truth is that gender and sex have been somewhat synonymous for several centuries, the distinction being that gender is used more as a class or group word while sex has been used to refer more to the reproductive functions. So we would say, "Two people were having sex (not gender) in the movie last night," while a man might would say, "I am of the male gender (not sex)." Sex can be used to refer to the functions of the pistil and stamen of a flower while gender typically would be more limited only to humans. Reproduction not involving male and female is known as asexual reproduction, not agender reproduction. Both words are objective, not subjective.

This desire to normalize and defend the TG movement is also why we now have a female Supreme Court member who can't figure out what it means to be a woman.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2024, 06:03 AM
    A man is a man, and a woman is a woman. Claiming otherwise is magical thinking, fine for one to indulge personally . Buta mistake culturally and societally . While conservatives celebrate the differences the progressives want to deny the differences because it contradicts their utopian egalitarianism by denying gender roles.

It denies basic biology. For a man to become a "woman" or a woman become a "man" requires mutualization and sterilization. Biologically humans need to procreate to survive as a species .

But gender advocates began teaching otherwise. Berkley professor Judith Butler (author of 'Gender Trouble: Feminism and the Subversion of Identity') wrote that “gender is in no way a stable identity or locus of agency.”
    Performative Acts and Gender Constitution: An Essay in Phenomenology and Feminist Theory | Trans Reads

In reality she promotes the idea that gender, and sex are oppressive social constructs. She then combines that with other radical leftist theories such as critical race theory(CRT). “The question of who and what is considered real and true is … a question of power.

The Question of Power and Authority in Gender Performance: (gla.ac.uk)

It is the Marxist struggle taken beyond economics .

'There is no theory which accounts for the oppression of women—in its endless variety and monotonous similarity, cross-culturally and throughout history—with anything like the explanatory power of the Marxist theory of class oppression.”
    RUBtti.pdf (philpapers.org)

They can then lump all people who oppose their theories as the oppressor class which fits in perfectly in a Marxist viewpoint.

Transgender Marxism (plutobooks.com)
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2024, 06:22 AM
    the progressives want to deny the differences because it contradicts their utopian egalitarianism like denying gender roles.
    I think it also includes a desire to be seen as the newly enlightened class.

When men can be women and women can be men, then all delusions become possible. Wonder what's next? The battle to affirm the basic humanity of the unborn continues. We have managed to build a somewhat fragile wall there. If it falls, then what group would be next?

They can then lump all people who oppose their theories as the oppressor class which fits in perfectly in a Marxist viewpoint.
    That's a really good point. It's the use of deceit to advance a cause. The real question is, what cause are they truly trying to advance? It usually comes down to some level of personal benefit.
    Ultra Member

Jan 3, 2024, 06:26 AM
    “The question is,” said Humpty Dumpty, “who is to be master – that's all.”
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2024, 07:48 AM
    Yes indeed. We were founded on the concept that each person is largely to be his/her own master. That is slipping away.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 3, 2024, 10:06 AM
    I pray that you all will become transgender when we're given the empathy test before we're allowed into heaven.
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2024, 11:51 AM
    There is no empathy test.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 3, 2024, 01:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    There is no empathy test.
    Gabriel hasn't told you about it yet?! It starts in this life and ends with a final score before you are allowed to cross the Rainbow Bridge.
    BossMan

Jan 4, 2024, 12:37 PM
    So, zero basis in reality, it would appear.
    Must say I'm slightly shocked, but not unduly surprised.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 4, 2024, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Must say I'm slightly shocked, but not unduly surprised.
    Just you wait! What fun we will have!!!
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2024, 01:37 PM
    That's about it. The support for TG consists of inventing evidence and then presenting it as truth as well as redefining words away from their historically understood meanings.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 4, 2024, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    That's about it. The support for TG consists of inventing evidence and then presenting it as truth as well as redefining words away from their historically understood meanings.
    Please have a conversation with someoe who has completed the trans change. Ask why the need in the first place. Find out what is done and why and how. Ask about emotional and physical issues and how this has greatly improved life.
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2024, 02:58 PM
    My area is dealing with men who are in drug/alcohol addiction. They all have stories, and many of them are heart rending. That does not change the fact that addiction is bad and men need to escape from it. So your suggestion adds absolutely nothing to the conversation other than to point out that TG people, like many other groups, have emotionally gripping stories. It does not mean they have, in any way, changed from male to female or vice-versa.
    Ultra Member

Jan 4, 2024, 03:07 PM
    'emotional and physical issues' that would be better solved with less extreme measures than mutilation and sterilization
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2024, 03:21 PM
    To be clear, my heart goes out to these people, just as my heart goes out to a man caught in addiction who leaves our program to return to a world where, in his entire adult life, he has known nothing but the world of addiction, and I know the odds are pretty significant that he will return to that life. It's tragic, but it doesn't mean I pat him on the back and assure him that drug addiction is really a quite wonderful thing.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 4, 2024, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    'emotional and physical issues' that would be better solved with less extreme measures than mutilation and sterilization
    Those have been tried and don't work. The issues are created by... heck, I'll dig out the explanation that a trans woman gave me and post it
    here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

a generational curse [ 2 Answers ]

My Family has in my opinion a generational curse. As far back as I can remember my Grandmother was a seer. She could see things and sense things and I do the same thing and so do my sister and my niece and my granddaughters and one of my aunts. Right now, my two granddaughters are seeing this...

I founded a black spider outside? [ 2 Answers ]

The spider is medium size I don't know what to do with it? It been like 20 days and I have the spider in a little box. I don't want the spider to die, please tell me what to do, because outside it's very cold. I don't know how to fee it?...

Who founded america? [ 5 Answers ]

Who founded America and why?

How Religious belief is founded [ 33 Answers ]

I'm 17 years old and I'm struggling with my religious belief and I'm not saying there isn't a higher power its just hard for me to see it in my life. I can easily see how someone who was not educated in Sunday school question god, but I've been going to Sunday school and what-not my entire life and...

Generational Family Home [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to help my next door neighbor locate a property deed for his home. He is the last descendant in the family home that has been passed down over the decades. He has no idea where the original deed is or who's name is even on it. He is trying to get his affairs in order and needs this deed...

View more questions Search