Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2024, 05:40 PM
    You'll dig out the explanation offered up by a woman afflicted with TG? Kind of don't think that will qualify as either unbiased or scientific.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 4, 2024, 09:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You'll dig out the explanation offered up by a woman afflicted with TG? Kind of don't think that will qualify as either unbiased or scientific.
    What will you accept? (Actually it was a man who knew by age 7 that "he" was female, and took all the correct steps to make the change.)

You chose to be male? When did you make that choice?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2024, 05:04 AM
    UN Women's UK chapter was founded in 2010 . The mission of the agency is for "gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls" .
    United Nations: Gender equality and women's empowerment

So how did the UK branch choose to empower women and girls ?

They appointed a transformer model as their ambassador.

17 groups representing REAL women penned a letter of opposition

A letter to UN Women from UK campaign groups | Fair Play For Women

On top of the fact that he is not a woman ; He has used his celebrity in the past to make racist comments .

I'll say it again. The transformer movement has set back women's rights back years
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2024, 05:33 AM
    What will you accept?
    That which is not based upon the biased, non-scientific account of one person.

I read a book recently about a woman who was a radical lesbian activist. She had her PhD and was a wheel in a major university, leading the movement for "gay rights". But then she met a pastor who introduced her to Jesus and her life changed. She married a man and had two children. She still sometimes has desire for women, but she put that aside to follow a greater desire and a much greater truth. Her story is the story of one person, just like the person you mentioned was just one individual. So will you accept her story as the norm for all lesbian women?

I'll say it again. The transformer movement has set back women's rights back years
    Perhaps that is because the women's rights movement eventually devolved into something that was nothing more than a reactionary political movement that wasn't so much about women's rights as it was about power.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 5, 2024, 09:50 AM
    So will you accept her story as the norm for all lesbian women?
    Obviously, she is bi, not 100% lesbian.
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2024, 10:34 AM
    Obviously, she is bi, not 100% lesbian.
    Nope. She was never interested in men. She married and had children because of her commitment to Christ which, I think, is something you are not familiar with, or you would not have made the comment you posted.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 5, 2024, 10:41 AM
    I guess, especially for Wondergirl, the question now is, What is a woman ?

Also a biological man, that displays as male, yet identifies female and dresses as a woman, how do we address them ?
    The term used to be transvestite, but I guess that's no longer allowed.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 5, 2024, 10:48 AM
    A transvestite (e.g., a drag queen) is NOT a transgender, not in any way, shape or form.
    BossMan

Jan 5, 2024, 11:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    A transvestite (e.g., a drag queen) is NOT a transgender, not in any way, shape or form.
    and.....
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 5, 2024, 11:35 AM
    According to an online dictionary (Merriam-Webster), a transvestite is:

a person who wears clothes designed for the opposite sex : a cross-dresser.

The person has a choice in the matter.
    The same dictionary defines transgender:

of, relating to, or being a person whose gender identity is opposite the sex the person was identified as having at birth.

The person doesn't have a choice in the matter.
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2024, 11:59 AM
    The person has a choice in the matter.
    Everyone has a choice. The TV can just as effectively argue that he was supposedly born with a desire to dress like a woman. It's always a choice, a decision, that takes place.
    BossMan

Jan 5, 2024, 12:11 PM
    And the answer to the BIG ticket item is......
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    I guess, especially for Wondergirl, the question now is, What is a woman ?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 5, 2024, 12:38 PM
    Everyone has a choice. The TV can just as effectively argue that he was supposedly born with a desire to dress like a woman. It's always a choice, a decision, that takes place.
    Not at all. Of course, if the transgender chooses not to behave as the gender displayed, that person suffers GD. Gender dysphoria (GD) is currently understood by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders as an incongruence between one’s affirmed gender and the gender assigned at birth (natal or biological sex).
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2024, 12:44 PM
    An "incongruence" between reality and my perception of reality is mental illness, or perhaps just deception. I imagine we all suffer from it at some level.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 5, 2024, 01:18 PM
    An "incongruence" between reality and my perception of reality is mental illness, or perhaps just deception. I imagine we all suffer from it at some level.
    Especially when your body says you're a male but your hormones and brain are screaming that you're a female.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 5, 2024, 01:21 PM
    don't feel bad . SCOTUS Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson could not say what a woman was either .

Sen. Blackburn slams Judge Jackson on definition of 'woman' (nypost.com)
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2024, 01:23 PM
    your hormones and brain are screaming that you're a female.
    Except that TG is not related to hormones. When hormones "scream" to a person that she is female, it's because she is female. There is no indication that I'm aware of that hormones have anything to do with TG. You have tried in the past to link some hormonal treatment of pregnant women to TG, but as has been pointed out frequently, that particular medical treatment was stopped fifty years ago, so you have been left, so far as I can see, with no support for that idea.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 5, 2024, 02:43 PM
    Except that TG is not related to hormones. When hormones "scream" to a person that she is female, it's because she is female.
    Yes, that person is male-looking when "he" takes off his clothes, but hormones and chromosomes say female.
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2024, 02:49 PM
    but hormones and chromosomes say female.
    A completely absurd statement for which there is no support whatsoever, and which all of science plainly contradicts. It's a ridiculous idea to suggest that a person with male genitalia has female sex chromosomes. You really need to find some friends who have at least a basic understanding of biology.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 5, 2024, 02:58 PM
    A completely absurd statement for which there is no support whatsoever, and which all of science plainly contradicts. It's a ridiculous idea to suggest that a person with male genitalia has female sex chromosomes. You really need to find some friends who have at least a basic understanding of biology.
    Time for you to leave the science learning you got in the '70s and then handed out after that.

And no matter what I post, you'll spit on it. Please do honest research. Start with something general and simple to understand, like in Wikipedia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans_woman

Google: science transgender.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

a generational curse [ 2 Answers ]

My Family has in my opinion a generational curse. As far back as I can remember my Grandmother was a seer. She could see things and sense things and I do the same thing and so do my sister and my niece and my granddaughters and one of my aunts. Right now, my two granddaughters are seeing this...

I founded a black spider outside? [ 2 Answers ]

The spider is medium size I don't know what to do with it? It been like 20 days and I have the spider in a little box. I don't want the spider to die, please tell me what to do, because outside it's very cold. I don't know how to fee it?...

Who founded america? [ 5 Answers ]

Who founded America and why?

How Religious belief is founded [ 33 Answers ]

I'm 17 years old and I'm struggling with my religious belief and I'm not saying there isn't a higher power its just hard for me to see it in my life. I can easily see how someone who was not educated in Sunday school question god, but I've been going to Sunday school and what-not my entire life and...

Generational Family Home [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to help my next door neighbor locate a property deed for his home. He is the last descendant in the family home that has been passed down over the decades. He has no idea where the original deed is or who's name is even on it. He is trying to get his affairs in order and needs this deed...

View more questions Search