Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 6, 2024, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Someone is avoiding the difficult questions, not that I'm surprised really.
    The basics - how transgenderism came to be:

https://brainworldmagazine.com/what-...gender-people/
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 6, 2024, 03:04 PM
    Please.
    And for Wondergirl especially, What is a Woman ?
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2024, 03:16 PM
    I have replied to various aspects of transgenderism but was told I'm wrong or don't know what I'm talking about or need a scientific explanation (btw, available by googling).
    The truth is, you made a laughable claim that people with female chromosomes can be TG and have male genitalia. I have asked you repeatedly to provide support for that idea and you have been unable to.

Predictably, you have provided yet another link that says nothing about chromosomes. We all know that you are just providing links to articles that you evidently don't even read. I don't know about the others, but I have wearied of this waste of time. If you can come up with anything supporting your "chromosomes scream female" POV, then we'll see how it goes.

Still unanswered. "I guess, especially for Wondergirl, the question now is, What is a woman ?"
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 6, 2024, 04:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    The truth is, you made a laughable claim that people with female chromosomes can be TG and have male genitalia. I have asked you repeatedly to provide support for that idea and you have been unable to.

Predictably, you have provided yet another link that says nothing about chromosomes. We all know that you are just providing links to articles that you evidently don't even read. I don't know about the others, but I have wearied of this waste of time. If you can come up with anything supporting your "chromosomes scream female" POV, then we'll see how it goes.

Still unanswered. "I guess, especially for Wondergirl, the question now is, What is a woman ?"
    I said, let's start with the basics. Did you read the basics yet?
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2024, 04:12 PM
    You did not say that. We were talking about chromosomes as I showed you clearly yesterday. If you cannot be honest, then talk to someone else.

Is this a generational way of thinking or actually founded in reality ? - Page 3 (askmehelpdesk.com)

Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 6, 2024, 06:20 PM
    ***Before we examine the neuroscience let’s look at what ancient belief systems tell us. Judaism lists six genders. Atlanta rabbi Joshua Lesser says that an examination of Judaism’s sacred texts shows that a simple “male” and “female” binary is “inaccurate.” The six genders are:

• Zachar: A person with male characteristics
    • Nekeivah: A person with female characteristics
    • Androgynos: A person with male and female characteristics (149 references to this in Mishna and Talmud; 350 in classical Midrash and Jewish law codes)
    • Tumtum: A person with indeterminate characteristics (181 references in Mishna and Talmud; 335 in classical Midrash and Jewish law codes)
    • Ay’lonit: A person classified as female at birth, develops male characteristics at puberty and is infertile (80 references in Mishna and Talmud; 40 in classical Midrash and Jewish law codes)
    • Saris: A person classified as male at birth who develops female characteristics at puberty and/or lacks male characteristics (156 references in Mishna and Talmud; 379 in classical Midrash and Jewish law codes)

Native Americans believe there are five genders: “female,” “male,” “two-spirit female,” “two-spirit male,” and “transgendered.” LGBT Native Americans adopted the term “two spirit” from the Ojibwe language in 1989, according to Duane Brayboy in Indian Country Today. Brayboy notes that “the Navajo refer to two spirits as Nádleehí (one who is transformed); among the Lakota is Winkté (a male who behaves as a female); Niizh Manidoowag (two spirit) in Ojibwe; Hemaneh (half-man, half-woman) in Cheyenne; to name a few.”

Christianity lacks this specificity. Carol Shedd, a devout 89-year-old Episcopalian in Wellesley, Massachusetts says that Christians who oppose transgender individuals, “forget the teaching in Genesis 1:26–27 that all human beings are created in the image and likeness of God, there are no exceptions.” Gordon D. Kaufman, a Mennonite and Harvard Divinity Professor writes in his book, “In the beginning … Creativity”: “One reason we humans have found it so difficult to understand creativity [Kaufman’s term for God] is because we have all too often thought of nature as in a kind of harmony, a balance; but that is a mistake. All systems are in some respects out of balance, and sometimes the present order gives way to a new better-adapted order … The tipping point is that instant when what had been ordinary quantitative change suddenly leads to qualitative change.” He quotes philosopher Mark Taylor who wrote, “Life continues only as long as things are out of balance.”

Dr. Toby Kell, a retired senior radiologist in Needham, Massachusetts (one of the world’s top gender reassignment clinics is in Boston) says about 10% of babies are born with misleading sexual organs. “You may find a child born with female organs, but a large knob where the clitoris should be. The gender identification of babies can be challenging, sometimes a child has the genitalia of both sexes, or the outer appearance of one gender while carrying internal organs of another. Doctors assign one gender and hope for the best.”

Although this field of neuroscience is in its infancy, what we do know, is that the old argument of nature versus nurture, shows that nature most often has the last word. The genitals and the brain acquire masculine or feminine traits at different stages of development in utero.***

https://brainworldmagazine.com/what-...gender-people/
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2024, 06:40 PM
    Still no mention of chromosomes, and still no answer to this. Still unanswered. "I guess, especially for Wondergirl, the question now is, What is a woman ?"
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 6, 2024, 06:43 PM
    Still no mention of chromosomes, and still no answer to this. Still unanswered. "I guess, especially for Wondergirl, the question now is, What is a woman ?"
    I'm starting at the beginning. There will be a quiz tomorrow. Chromosomes will be in a future post. SOON
    BossMan

Jan 7, 2024, 03:18 AM
    Still waiting.....
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2024, 04:55 AM
    UK's Sunak on Gender: 'A Man Is a Man and a Woman Is a Woman' (youtube.com)
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2024, 06:08 AM
    Still waiting.....
    You'll need lots of coffee. You will also be waiting a long time for this. "Chromosomes will be in a future post. SOON." I hope it's a great deal more accurate than the nonsense discussed above.

I sometimes think I went to bed on earth and woke up on Mars when we are having these irrational, ludicrous discussions about how many genders there are. There are two, and they are determined, 999 times out of a thousand, by sex chromosomes being either XX or XY. End of story.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 7, 2024, 12:37 PM
    You'll need lots of coffee. You will also be waiting a long time for this. "Chromosomes will be in a future post. SOON." I hope it's a great deal more accurate than the nonsense discussed above.

I sometimes think I went to bed on earth and woke up on Mars when we are having these irrational, ludicrous discussions about how many genders there are. There are two, and they are determined, 999 times out of a thousand, by sex chromosomes being either XX or XY. End of story.
    You are very wrong. And I'm tired of the put-downs. Do your own research. Goodbye.
    BossMan

Jan 7, 2024, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You are very wrong. And I'm tired of the put-downs. Do your own research. Goodbye.
    So , rather than throwing a childish tamtrum, why not show us why our position is incorrect, preferably without disconnected URLs and meandering copy&pastes.

Seems to be a simple question really, What is a Woman ?
    Uber Member

Jan 7, 2024, 12:58 PM
    I'm out of coffee.

So , rather than throwing a childish tamtrum, why not show us why our position is incorrect, preferably without disconnected URLs and meandering copy&pastes.
    The question of the day and a really good one. I suspect it will also go unanswered.

I oftentimes think that WG is as aware as the rest of us of the utter lack of support for her positions. Rather than admit that, she seems to want to suggest that I am the problem with my "putdowns". Too bad.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2024, 03:26 AM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

a generational curse [ 2 Answers ]

My Family has in my opinion a generational curse. As far back as I can remember my Grandmother was a seer. She could see things and sense things and I do the same thing and so do my sister and my niece and my granddaughters and one of my aunts. Right now, my two granddaughters are seeing this...

I founded a black spider outside? [ 2 Answers ]

The spider is medium size I don't know what to do with it? It been like 20 days and I have the spider in a little box. I don't want the spider to die, please tell me what to do, because outside it's very cold. I don't know how to fee it?...

Who founded america? [ 5 Answers ]

Who founded America and why?

How Religious belief is founded [ 33 Answers ]

I'm 17 years old and I'm struggling with my religious belief and I'm not saying there isn't a higher power its just hard for me to see it in my life. I can easily see how someone who was not educated in Sunday school question god, but I've been going to Sunday school and what-not my entire life and...

Generational Family Home [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to help my next door neighbor locate a property deed for his home. He is the last descendant in the family home that has been passed down over the decades. He has no idea where the original deed is or who's name is even on it. He is trying to get his affairs in order and needs this deed...

View more questions Search