Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 30, 2023, 02:03 PM
    From Quora, part of an answer to a scoffer of the trans community
    Answer on Quora:

For about the 200th time, we don't "change genders." We simply manifest the gender we know ourselves to be. Gender is innate. What gets changed is (sometimes) the hormonal aspect of physiology and (sometimes) the habitus, or appearance. I know this is hard to grasp if you're not trans, but the brain is the seat of the self. And trans brains differ in key ways which impact that innate sense of self.

Do some legwork for pete's sake. Don't just blat ninth grade biology about chromosomes and karyotypes and genitals. If, god forbid, you were in a car crash today and they were trying to figure out if you had any chance of surviving, it's your brain that is the ultimate arbiter of self awareness and identity, not what's in your underpants.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 30, 2023, 04:29 PM
    Feel like I've come in half way through a lecture without knowing the subject or any of the initial background or position.
    Context is everything, rather than a mere precis.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a internet community that might answer physics questions [ 0 Answers ]

I sell Combi-Ovens to the commercial foodservice industry. These ovens are a combination of "convection ovens" and "Steamers" combined into one oven. The benefit of these types of ovens is that they cook food very rapidly as a steam speeds up the cooking proccess; not only does the food cook more...

View more questions Search