Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2023, 06:48 AM
    The Debauchery of Purity
    The new Speaker of the House, Mike Johnson, is under attack for not pushing his daughter down the path of sexual whoredom. He had the temerity, a number of years ago, to attend a "purity ball" with her. It's a formal event, meant to be enjoyable, in which the daughter agrees to be abstinent until she is married, thus denying the feds the opportunity to have one more single mom on the welfare rolls. This is what ABC had to say about what is to them a HIGHLY controversial event.

ABC News shared a video of House Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., with his daughter at a Christian "purity ball," calling it a "controversial formal dance event."

"The German news segment documented Johnson and his family preparing for and then attending a purity ball, a controversial formal dance event, popular among some conservative Christians, that gained notoriety in the early 2000s," the outlet wrote.
    A purity ball, which usually features a father and daughter dance and encourages sexual abstinence before marriage, is a family-centered event.
    ABC also described purity balls as a subject of intense debate within Christian circles. "Since growing in popularity in the 1990s and early 2000s," the outlet wrote, "purity balls and purity pledges have faced increased scrutiny from both inside and outside the Christian community, ranging from criticism that the practice places too much of a burden on young women to accusations that the balls themselves objectify young girls."
    ABC continued: "At a typical event, fathers and their teenage daughters dress in formal ball attire for a night that involves dinner and dancing and culminates with the daughter signing a pledge to her father to abstain from dating and to remain sexually abstinent until marriage," ABC wrote.
    Rather plainly, ABC News just can't connect with the idea of a young man or woman choosing to wait for sexual activity until after the knot is tied. I imagine they much prefer the Michael LaRosa approach to sex.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2023, 07:03 AM
    time to revisit this Jill Biden tweet from 2020

Here is a photo from a purity ball
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2023, 07:34 AM
    I would think it should be considered to be a good thing for a young woman to value herself.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 23, 2023, 10:26 AM
    A purity ball is a bit more complicated than what you think. It culminates with the daughter signing a pledge to her father to abstain from dating and to remain sexually abstinent until marriage.

Read the entire Wikipedia article, Purity Ball, for some interesting insights
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 23, 2023, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    I would think it should be considered to be a good thing for a young woman to value herself.
    That's not the point of a purity ball.
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2023, 12:27 PM
    It is exactly the point.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 23, 2023, 01:01 PM
    It is exactly the point.
    Nope. Dancing, in particular slow dancing in a darkened room, creates lascivious thoughts in the minds of the dancers who rub up against each other's bodies, especially the front. Dance partners can rub each other's back and butt as they dance and nibble each other's neck and cheek and lips. The cut of the dress the female is wearing stimulates her male partner toward all sorts of moves and activities.
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2023, 01:02 PM
    What ? No drag queens twerking at the ball "? Now that is what is normal ..... right ?

I'm betting Speaker Johnson's name is not on Jeffery Epstein's guest list .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 23, 2023, 01:20 PM
    And where are the dad's hands in that photo you posted, tomder? And look at the girl's face, her expression.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 23, 2023, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    What ? No drag queens twerking at the ball "? Now that is what is normal ..... right ?
    Nope, no drag queens at a purity ball because only conservative, evangelical Christians hold purity balls.
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2023, 01:38 PM
    yeah he's a real incestuous perv ;no doubt ravishing her from behind .</sarc> Only the perverted mind could find fault with the idea that a father pledges to protect his daughter ;or a young woman pledges to abstain until marriage .
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 23, 2023, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    yeah he's a real incestuous perv ;no doubt ravishing her from behind .</sarc> Only the perverted mind could find fault with the idea that a father pledges to protect his daughter ;or a young woman pledges to abstain until marriage .
    I grew up in a conservative, evangelical Christian church -- and have stories to tell.
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2023, 02:04 PM
    only conservative, evangelical Christians hold purity balls.
    And thus you confess your true objection.

Only the perverted mind could find fault with the idea that a father pledges to protect his daughter ;or a young woman pledges to abstain until marriage .
    Agree completely. It's one thing for a person to suggest they would not care to have such a ceremony for their daughter, but it's quite another to say that the dad in the pic was basically molesting his daughter. That's way out of bounds.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 23, 2023, 02:29 PM
    And thus you confess your true objection.
    My "true objection" was stated earlier -- I grew up in a conservative, evangelical Christian church -- and have stories to tell.

For instance,I was not allowed to attend a school dance or dance at a wedding, etc. BECAUSE (I was warned by my parents) --

"Nope. Dancing, in particular slow dancing in a darkened room, creates lascivious thoughts in the minds of the dancers who rub up against each other's bodies, especially the front. Dance partners can rub each other's back and butt as they dance and nibble each other's neck and cheek and lips. The cut of the dress the female is wearing stimulates her male partner toward all sorts of moves and activities."
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2023, 03:08 PM
    My "true objection" was stated earlier -- I grew up in a conservative, evangelical Christian church -- and have stories to tell.

For instance,I was not allowed to attend a school dance or dance at a wedding, etc. BECAUSE (I was warned by my parents) --
    So? You attended a supposedly conservative church populated, it would seem, by perverts. How does that affect any at all the experiences and motives of the millions of Evangelicals you've never even met? I think parents encouraging young people to reserve sex for marriage is a great idea. Of course I'm reminded as I post this that you lied bigtime about your supposed dating experiences in this church, so I don't know that I take any of your observations too seriously.

"Nope. Dancing, in particular slow dancing in a darkened room, creates lascivious thoughts in the minds of the dancers who rub up against each other's bodies, especially the front. Dance partners can rub each other's back and butt as they dance and nibble each other's neck and cheek and lips. The cut of the dress the female is wearing stimulates her male partner toward all sorts of moves and activities."
    That is frequently true. I have no idea what your point is.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 23, 2023, 03:43 PM
    So? You attended a supposedly conservative church populated, it would seem, by perverts. How does that affect any at all the experiences and motives of the millions of Evangelicals you've never even met?
    I didn't say they were perverts. You did.

Throughout my long life, I've met far more evangelicals than you have.
    I think parents encouraging young people to reserve sex for marriage is a great idea.
    Yes, it is. But those same parents encourge their daughters not to date and, once married, to be a home-bound wife that produces many children.
    Of course I'm reminded as I post this that you lied bigtime about your supposed dating experiences in this church
    How so?
    That is frequently true. I have no idea what your point is.
    The sexual point...or, better, the opportunity to subtly touch and "feel".
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2023, 03:47 PM
    I didn't say they were perverts. You did.
    Please learn the meaning of, "it would seem".

Throughout my long life, I've met far more evangelicals than you have.
    What a ridiculous statement. You have no idea of how many evangelicals I have known.

How so
    Are you denying this? I can happily provide the link.

The sexual point...or, better, the "feel".
    Slow dancing can be sensual. So?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 23, 2023, 03:54 PM
    What a ridiculous statement. You have no idea of how many evangelicals I have known.
    I was a PK, a Christian teacher, a church librarian, a member of and eventually the president of the church group of women who managed the church nursery. My entire life has been hanging out with evangelicals.
    Doncha know? Sensual before marriage is evil and the path to hell.
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2023, 03:57 PM
    I was a PK, a Christian teacher, a church librarian. My entire life has been hanging out with evangelicals.
    It's just an absurd statement by you. I probably met more evangelicals in my two years of Bible college than in your lifetime, but even if your statement is true, it means you have, perhaps, met 1% of 1% of 1% of 1% of 1% of all the Evangelicals in the world. So yeah, you have no idea what they think.

Sensual before marriage is evil and the path to hell.
    I would not encourage it, but I feel pretty sure you would.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 23, 2023, 04:05 PM
    I probably met more evangelicals in my two years of Bible college than in your lifetime
    I attended a Christian college for FOUR years.
    I would not encourage it, but I feel pretty sure you would.
    Dancing, especially slow dancing in a darkened gym, is a tool used by Satan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Purity [ 2 Answers ]

Asalamualikum Sir I am a muslim girl. I want to ask that every time I feel that I am not in pure state. I don't know that it is right or not I try to keep myself pure. When I stand for prayer I feel as if liquid is discharging from both anal and urethra, every time I go to toilet I wash my pants...

View more questions Search