Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2023, 04:29 PM
    I attended a Christian college for FOUR years.
    And since that time, I have been in MANY evangelical churches. You, by your own admission, have not been in church for 25 years. Might add that the great majority of Lutheran churches are not considered to be evangelical, so most of your experiences have been with NON evangelicals. Correct? At any rate, as I said earlier, you know a vanishingly small slice of evangelicals, so you can't go on your personal experiences. Neither, of course, can I.

Dancing, especially slow dancing in a darkened gym, is a tool used by Satan.
    So you are opposed to it. We agree!!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 23, 2023, 05:03 PM
    I've been involved with churches, e.g., Pentecostal and Assemblies especially, just not my home church. And I edit/proofread/tweak sermons for several pastors.

P.S. The LCMS (my home church body) is considered evangelical. The ELCA is open-minded, liberal.

Have never been to a dance, never danced, even at private parties. My parents allowed me to square dance. :-)
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2023, 05:33 PM
    P.S. The LCMS (my home church body)
    You mean the one you haven't attended in twenty years?

You might as well give it up. You know such a tiny, tiny percentage of evangelicals that your opinion, as well as mine, means but very little.

I don't really know what I think about dancing. Wifey and I went to a wedding a few years ago. They were all doing something called "the electric slide" or whatever it was. I saw no problem at all with it. We almost jumped in ourselves. I wish now we had done so.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 23, 2023, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    You mean the one you haven't attended in twenty years?
    And have worked with evangelical pastors and their churches?

The Electric Slide isn't a slow dance in a darkish room. Amd I'm talking about teens, not old married couples.
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2023, 09:39 PM
    And again, you know such a tiny, tiny percentage of evangelicals that your opinion, as well as mine, means but very little.

And have worked with evangelical pastors and their churches?
    I have for decades. You have not for at least twenty years.

Amd I'm talking about teens, not old married couples.
    What??? You're suggesting I'm "old"???
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 23, 2023, 09:42 PM
    I have for decades. You have not for at least twenty years.
    Proofreading and editing their sermons isn't interacting with evangelicals?
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2023, 09:53 PM
    Nope, anymore than me reading a book is any kind of real interaction with the author. And it is certainly not interacting with "their churches", as you claimed.

Say what you will and believe what you will. My point is simply that you can't say, "Throughout my long life, I've met far more evangelicals than you have." It's a ridiculous statement considering that you have no idea of how many evangelicals I've met.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 24, 2023, 08:33 AM
    I've rescued and adopted more stray/feral cats than you have too.
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2023, 09:18 AM
    You can have em all. Not real interested in cats. I'm more interested in people.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 24, 2023, 10:24 AM
    You can have em all. Not real interested in cats. I'm more interested in people.
    Oh, yeah, I've rescued and "adopted" those too! Public libraries are perfect places to find them, trying to stay warm and dry and get some sleep in a study room. I even wrote heartwarming stories about my very favorite homeless guy, Jerry.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 24, 2023, 10:30 AM
    Back to the purity topic, more than a few of the Christian women I know (who had abstained from sex before marriage) are divorced from their first husband ("a total loser in bed") and remarried (after "trying him out a few times").
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2023, 11:17 AM
    I certainly hope that as a Christian counselor you told those ladies that divorcing a husband because he was a total loser in bed and sleeping with another man before marrying him are all acts of sin. We stay married and we stay sexually pure because we want to please God and be obedient to Him. These things generally lead to a better life, but one way or the other, we rejoice because we are in God's will.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 24, 2023, 11:56 AM
    The deed had already been done. I had no business preaching hell and damnation. If anything, those divorced men should be taught how to please a woman/wife.
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2023, 12:07 PM
    How convenient for you.
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2023, 12:13 PM
    I said nothing about hell and damnation. I spoke of the will of God. You should have.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 24, 2023, 02:25 PM
    I said nothing about hell and damnation. I spoke of the will of God. You should have.
    No, you said, "divorcing a husband because he was a total loser in bed and sleeping with another man before marrying him are all acts of sin" and sin is the road to hell according to evangelists/conservative Christians.
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2023, 03:15 PM
    So where in my quote is any reference to hell other than your own deceptive addition?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 24, 2023, 03:34 PM
    So where in my quote is any reference to hell other than your own deceptive addition?
    Sooooo, acts of sin ("divorcing a husband because he was a total loser in bed and sleeping with another man before marrying him are all acts of sin") ISN'T the road to hell?
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2023, 03:54 PM
    You raised the issue, so you answer the question, but please don’t make up what I have said.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 24, 2023, 04:09 PM
    You raised the issue, so you answer the question, but please don’t make up what I have said.
    What part did I make up?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Purity [ 2 Answers ]

Asalamualikum Sir I am a muslim girl. I want to ask that every time I feel that I am not in pure state. I don't know that it is right or not I try to keep myself pure. When I stand for prayer I feel as if liquid is discharging from both anal and urethra, every time I go to toilet I wash my pants...

View more questions Search