Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 9, 2024, 12:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    A chilling commentary on the mental disability of our current pres. Thankfully he is "thin and good looking", so I guess all is well?
    As opposed to the fat, ugly, foul-mouthed, lazy, piggish one, The Rascal U Might Punch.
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2024, 12:48 PM
    fat, ugly, foul-mouthed, lazy, piggish one, The Rascal U Might Punch.
    Good grief. What a hate-filled rant. Doesn't this ever embarrass you? Truly, I'm embarrassed for you.
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2024, 12:53 PM
    got me ask French President Mitterrand
    That would be the Mitterrand who has been dead for nearly thirty years. It's on the level of Macron saying he had recently met with Ronald Reagan, except that Mitterrand has been dead a good bit longer than Reagan.

Have I mentioned that I met with Churchill a few weeks ago?
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2024, 12:59 PM
    Kamala Harris, coming off of her breathtaking successes along the southern border (Extreme SARC), has decided that telling the truth about the pres is completely out of order. "Kamala Harris angrily attacks special counsel who spotlighted Biden memory lapses as 'politically motivated'. Harris calls Hur's report detailing Biden memory lapses 'gratuitous, inaccurate and inappropriate'.

I guess it's good that KH would stand up and defend ole What's His Name against these wicked people who seem intent on telling the truth.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/kamala...ally-motivated
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2024, 01:17 PM
    Kam the Sham has always been Clueless Joes insurance policy.
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2024, 07:07 AM
    Bill Maher's take on things.

"In the middle of explaining that he's perfectly fine and he doesn't mix things up, he mixed up who the president of Egypt El-Sisi and said he was the president of Mexico. This is like claiming in front of your wife that you're not a cheater when the burner phone goes off," Maher joked. We knew he was old when we elected him, alright? Joe- he's like that goldfish you get at the fair- don't get attached."
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2024, 07:48 AM
    If nothing else is clear ,it is that the deep state wants Quid to move on .

Hur did not have to write his comments ;and Garland did not have to release them . It would've been completely within the rules to
    1 not make a report
    2 to make a report and not release it

3 Hur made it a point to differentiate the Trump and Quid cases . Although they both got caught with their fingers in the cookie jar ; Hur pointed out that Trump conspired to obstruct the investigation while Quid cooperated

He could've ended his report there and not bring up Quid's declining mental state.

If fact ;as an excuse for not indicting his report is lame . It is the job of a prosecutor to collect evidence of probable cause ;and to present that evidence to a grand jury. It was not his job to say that he would not bring charges because Quid is a feeble vegetable and that would make a jury sympathetic .

There had to be another motive .

It was a stroke a genius to do so . Quid had to call a presser to reassure the public that he was mentally competent to stand trial . Even that Quid blew.

The seed has now been planted . As long as he is in the race he will have to address it.

Did you see the part where he addressed his son's death . He said that the family honors Beau every Memorial Day. He is still either lying or has somehow convinced himself that his son died in service in Iraq.
    Uber Member

Feb 10, 2024, 10:16 AM
    Well said. When one's opponents throw barbs, then that can be tossed aside as being nothing more than politics, but when one's ALLIES assault you, then it makes the accusations seem quite believable. This is all a progression stirred on by an absolute terror of DT becoming pres again. I have to believe it's based on the fact that he knows, or at least is quite willing to find out, where the bodies are buried, and the deep state cannot allow that to happen.

An interesting question concerns who JB's replacement will be. I'll make two statements about that. It WON'T be VP Harris. It very well MIGHT be Michelle Obama.
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2024, 06:47 AM
    Jack Smith again urged SCOTUS to hurry up.

20240214180323991_23A745_Trump v. United States_Gov. stay resp_FINAL.pdf (supremecourt.gov)

The clock is ticking .Can he get Trump tried ;convicted ; and jailed before the November 5 elections ?

Does his Inspector Javert zeal represent a breach in Justice Dept guidelines ?

You betcha.

9-85.500 Actions that May Have an Impact on an Election

Federal prosecutors and agents may never select the timing of any action, including investigative steps, criminal charges, or statements, for the purpose of affecting any election, or for the purpose of giving an advantage or disadvantage to any candidate or political party. Such a purpose is inconsistent with the Department’s mission and with the Principles of Federal Prosecution. See § 9-27.260. Any action likely to raise an issue or the perception of an issue under this provision requires consultation with the Public Integrity Section, and such action shall not be taken if the Public Integrity Section advises that further consultation is required with the Deputy Attorney General or Attorney General.

Justice Manual | 9-85.000 - Protection of Government Integrity | United States Department of Justice
    Ultra Member

Feb 29, 2024, 02:58 PM
    SCOTUS has agreed to hear the Trump immunity case . I predict they will mostly reject his claim of absolute immunity . What they did was buy Trump time. More than anything else 'SCOTUS does NOT want the election to be decided by the judiciary .

December SCOTUS declined to hear Jack Smith's request for an immediate ruling opting for his appeal to go through the process. The Circus court rejected Trump's claim setting the stage for a SCOTUS hearing . But SCOTUS could've let the Circus decision stand . They opted to hear the case.

Time keeps on ticking . Now SCOTUS will hear the case. The more it is delayed ;the less likely that a Trump DC trial will happen before the November elections .

When they get around to it ;I would be shocked if they ruled the President has absolute immunity . They may go all Solomon and split the baby . But I doubt it . It is frankly a nonsense assertion that a President has
    'absolute immunity ' .

Now a clown judge in Illinois decided Trump can't be on their primary ballot . SCOTUS will have to rule sooner than later on this issue. The case that state's can remove a national candidate from a ballot based on their reading of the 14th amendment is lame . SCOTUS needs to immediately shut down these local yokels .

In NY Trump said he cannot possibly come up with almost $half billion bond . He countered that he could post $100 million. A blood sucking judge rejected his proposal. State Attorney General Letitia James can't wait to start seizing Trump assets. This is a clear 8th amendment violation . But Trump could be in a major financial squeeze through the election cycle due to this plunder .

Another defeat

The 11th Circus court refused former Trump Chief of Staff Mark Meadow's request to move the Georgia RICO charges against him to Federal Court .
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2024, 08:44 AM
    Letitia James has another ox to gore . Fresh off her apparent win against the Trump empire ,he is going after big beef.

You see ;she thinks that cows are ruining the air in NY with too much flatulence. (I kid you not) Every day I go to bed thinking the world can't get weirder . The next morning I find I am wrong .

Of course her real aim is not greener cleaner air . Her real aim is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

She's going after the big dog . JBS

JBS is a Brazil based meat packer ;one of the biggest . She contends that they only made a commitment to net zero by 2040 as a marketing trick to boost sales. Cows fart ;and when cows fart ,they release methane. JBS raises a lot of cows.

JBS is also up for an IPO .
    Brazilian Meatpacker JBS to Pursue U.S. Listing - WSJ

But JBS is encountering opposition from envirowackos . James is just hitching a ride on the opposition train hoping to extort the company .

The Brazilian firm said in a statement it disagrees with the attorney general’s decision, adding: “JBS will continue to partner with farmers, ranchers and our food system partners around the world to help feed a growing population while using fewer resources and reducing agriculture’s environmental impact. Our belief that American agriculture can help sustainably feed the world is undeterred.”

https://latinfinance.com/daily-brief...-ahead-of-ipo/ .
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2024, 10:19 AM
    She contends that they only made a commitment to net zero by 2040 as a marketing trick to boost sales.
    She is likely right about that. It's why companies need to actively push back against the Cancel Culture. "Yes, our cows fart as do water buffalo, deer, PEOPLE, mountain goats, and so forth. It's part of life. Get over it." Instead, they make these silly social media proclamations getting to "net zero". I think the public can handle the truth.
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2024, 10:28 AM
    I have more on James I'm putting on a new posting due to the nature of the subject
    Uber Member

Mar 3, 2024, 08:55 PM
    Hey Tom, does Haley's win in DC have any significance at all? Would it have been somewhat predictable?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 3, 2024, 09:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Hey Tom, does Haley's win in DC have any significance at all? Would it have been somewhat predictable?
    She'll win in Illinois and probably NY. Plus other states.
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2024, 03:32 AM
    She is getting delegates . The significance is that if Trump is forced to withdraw from either lawfare or an unfortunate cheese burger then she will be in a position to possibly control the convention or steer it being the last candidate standing . But since other candidates only "suspended" their campaigns ,I would expect them to throw their hats back in the ring.

It is also significant in that her funding may not dry up. Trump's funding is being severely tested in places where wholesale campaigns are required . The early primaries are retail ;door to door ;shake hands in the local diner . I noticed during the SC primary campaigns there were hardly any Trump signs on the roads while Nikki's signs were all over the place. That was in sharp contrast to 2016 and 2020 when people went to great lengths to place signs for Trump everywhere. Now maybe that was because Trump did not need to invest in the state .Or maybe he thinks he can win it with only his barnstorming rallies .

I am also told that he has a much bigger grass roots organization than his previous campaigns . I saw no evidence of that in SC. While I was subject to frequent phone calls and texts from Nikki's get out the vote effort ; that was not the case with Trump.

Trump will get the nomination if he is not forced to drop out. I am not so sure about the general election. Trump's biggest ally in November is Clueless Joe's performance ;and his ability to (I'll be kind) take advantage of voting rules that are ;shall we say "rigged " to Joe's advantage .

Illinois is an interesting case . It has a "partially open" primary. Voters can cross over only after declaring their party . So Nikki would have to depend on many Dems changing their party registration for the cross over vote to have an impact.

NY is a closed primary . I never voted in one because I refuse to register to any party .

The delegate count so far

Trump 247
    Nikki 43 19 of them from DC
    DeSantis 9
    Vivek 3

The delegate race for primary delegates will be over or close to being over after Tuesday . To secure the nomination a candidate needs a majority around 1215 . Of all the delegates only 104 are not pledged through the primaries . Tuesday 854 Repub delegates will be pledged.

I do not like the primary process at all . I don't like winner takes all primaries and I don't like how states who primary after Super Tuesday are losing influence . All this is doing is creating a situation where campaigning for the Presidency is perpetual. I don't like at all that candidates for a contest in November are all for all practical purposed decided on in early March 8 months before the general elections . 8 months is a lifetime in politics. Much happens in between .
    Uber Member

Mar 4, 2024, 08:57 AM
    When even the liberal justices can see it, then it must be pretty obvious. The Republic gets a little much-needed help. "Supreme Court rules unanimously for Trump in Colorado ballot disqualification dispute."

Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2024, 09:56 AM
    There was no other outcome possible . Even if you thought that the insurrection clause had any relevance then how could he be disqualified when he was never even charged let alone found guilty . On top of that there is a compelling double jeopardy case Trump has because he was already tried and acquitted in the Senate impeachment trial

"We conclude that States may disqualify persons holding or attempting to hold state office. But States have no power under the Constitution to enforce Section 3 with respect to federal offices, especially the Presidency"
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2024, 01:42 PM
    btw I am reading the decision and it effectively ended the nonsense. It is unanimous and broad . The 3 lib justices and Barrett wrote separate concurring opinions that criticized the scope of the decision. Barrett's was mostly for reasons of comity.

The Court has settled a politically charged issuein the volatile season of a Presidential election. Particularly in this circumstance, writings on the Court should turn the national temperature down, not up.

The lib justices write

Today, the Court departs from that vital principle, deciding not just this case, but challenges that might arise in thefuture. In this case, the Court must decide whether Colorado may keep a Presidential candidate off the ballot on theground that he is an oathbreaking insurrectionist and thusdisqualified from holding federal office under Section 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment. Allowing Colorado to do so would, we agree, create a chaotic state-by-state patchwork,at odds with our Nation’s federalism principles. That is enough to resolve this case. Yet the majority goes further.Even though “all nine Members of the Court” agree thatthis independent and sufficient rationale resolves this case, five Justices go on. They decide novel constitutional questions to insulate this Court and petitioner from future controversy. Ante, at 13. Although only an individual State’saction is at issue here, the majority opines on which federal actors can enforce Section 3, and how they must do so. The majority announces that a disqualification for insurrection can occur only when Congress enacts a particular kind oflegislation pursuant to Section 5 of the Fourteenth Amendment. In doing so, the majority shuts the door on other potential means of federal enforcement. We cannot join an opinion that decides momentous and difficult issues unnecessarily, and we therefore concur only in the judgment.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 5, 2024, 09:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Illinois is an interesting case . It has a "partially open" primary. Voters can cross over only after declaring their party .
    Not true.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

SCOTUS day [ 39 Answers ]

Significant win for Clueless' immigration policy. 8-1 SCOTUS decided that states do NOT have standing to challenged Clueless Joe's non-enforcement of the immigration laws. So much for the MAGA conservative court. Kavanaugh wrote the majority opinion. Only Alito dissented More opinions to...

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Trump goes full Lib on maternity leave .Make American liberal again . [ 13 Answers ]

The phony is going to unveil a maternity leave policy tonight that guarantees 6 weeks paid leave for new mothers . Trump’s plan would allow families to deduct child care expenses, up to the average cost of child-care in their states, from their income taxes. People making above $250,000 would be...

View more questions Search