Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,020, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2023, 03:10 PM
    How Dare You Exercise Your Freedom of Religion!!
    The dems in NY, not content with enabling elementary school children to be castrated at the age of ten, have now decided that Chik-Fil-A must be chastised severely. Their offense? Why, they have the temerity to be closed on Sundays! Don't they realize that the security of the country is somehow dependent on travelers being able to buy a chicken sandwich 7 days a week???

New York Democrat lawmakers are targeting fast food giant Chick-fil-A, which is closed on Sundays, with legislation that mandates restaurants located in rest stops on the state Thruway or operated by the Port Authority in New York and New Jersey to remain open seven days a week.
    "Not only does Chick-fil-A have a long shameful history of opposing LGBTQ rights, it simply makes no sense for them to be a provider of food services in busy travel plazas," Assemblyman Tony Simone, D-Manhattan, the lawmaker sponsoring the legislation, said in a statement, Syracuse's Spectrum News reported. "A company, that by policy, is closed on one of the busiest travel days of the week should not be the company that travelers have to rely on for food services."
    Chick-fil-A has had a company policy since first opening in 1946 that the restaurants would be closed on Sundays to allow operators and team members "to enjoy a day of rest, be with their families and loved ones, and worship if they choose."
    https://www.newsmax.com/us/chick-fil...r=010502a01ejj
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 21, 2023, 06:35 AM
    Having had the opportunity to stop at NY rest stops most of my adult life I am happy to report that travelers on the Thruway have multiple options about which vendor to patronize . One being closed does not prevent someone from getting food ,drink or a chance to go to a rest room.

That being said ;it is reasonable for the state to expect the vendors at the rest stops to remain open for the time they expect to service travelers . If Chic-fil-A makes a moral decision to shut down on Sundays I personally applaud that . But if the state makes uniform rules for the vendors at state run facilities ;as long as the rules are universally applied ;I have no argument with it, I am sure there are other chicken fast food franchises more than willing to rent the space.
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2023, 06:54 AM
    I think the true intent of the bill is illustrated in this statement. "Not only does Chick-fil-A have a long shameful history of opposing LGBTQ rights." It also strikes me as peculiar that being open on Sundays evidently never occurred to anyone in the state government until the issue became associated with Chic-Fil-A, a company which has Christian roots.

Besides all of that, the situation was already provided for from the very beginning.

A Thruway spokesperson said in a statement that part of its 33-year contract to manage the plazas, Applegreen, which operates the facilities, must offer at least one hot and one cold food option that is available 24 hours a day at all locations.
    However, Applegreen factored Chick-fil-A's Sunday-off policy into its plan for tenants.
    "When the project is complete, Chick-fil-A will operate in less than half of the service areas on the Thruway — all of which have at least one other food concept and a convenience store open seven days a week with up to three additional concepts and a convenience store at the largest and highest volume locations," the statement said.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 30, 2023, 07:15 AM
    Allowing for retail space to go unused one seventh of the week or more is a disservice and unnecessary inconvenience to travelers who rely on these service areas.
    Bill Search and Legislative Information | New York State Assembly (nyassembly.gov)

of course these are the same Bozos that closed all of NY restaurants for weeks during the pandemic. Not too concerned about the inconvenience then
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 30, 2023, 10:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Having had the opportunity to stop at NY rest stops most of my adult life I am happy to report that travelers on the Thruway have multiple options about which vendor to patronize . One being closed does not prevent someone from getting food ,drink or a chance to go to a rest room.

That being said ;it is reasonable for the state to expect the vendors at the rest stops to remain open for the time they expect to service travelers . If Chic-fil-A makes a moral decision to shut down on Sundays I personally applaud that . But if the state makes uniform rules for the vendors at state run facilities ;as long as the rules are universally applied ;I have no argument with it, I am sure there are other chicken fast food franchises more than willing to rent the space.
    Since 1955, my family has lived in Western NY, so I too have been at many NY Thruway rest stops during my life. I agree with tomder.
    Uber Member

Dec 30, 2023, 11:04 AM
    It would be reasonable if it had been required from the beginning. As it stands now, it will be shutting down existing businesses. I suspect it will end up in court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freedom of Religion Prevails [ 22 Answers ]

The prayers referred to were taking place AFTER games were concluded. The coach would kneel on the field and any players who wanted to would pray with him. That the school district thought they could fire him for this was outrageous. Thank goodness the Constitution came riding to the rescue. ...

Does Freedom of Religion mean that I can BE Jew one day and BE a Christian the next?? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello: To clarify, my question is NOT whether a religion would accept my conversion, but whether the GOVERNMENT would? In other words, if I'm a Muslim, and they're stopping Muslims at the border, can I convert to Christianity on the plane, and then convert again to Islam in my car on the...

Can a hindu religion marriage can be performed without any religion conversion? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a christian girl who would like to get married to a Hindu boy. My guy is not willing to get converted to Christianity by baptism but he's ready to become a member, will that be allowed?? I would like to know if it's possible to get married in a protestant church(AG). Is there any...

What are some similar in the newer religion and the older religion [ 2 Answers ]

What are some similar between the newer and older religions?

Need help to distinguish between auxiliary dare and main verb dare [ 1 Answers ]

I am facing a problem while differentiating between the use of dare as an auxiliary verb and as a main verb. Most of the web sites say that you can know it by the way it's used but all the sentences I come across, they just confuse me more and more. Consider the following two examples. 1. None...

View more questions Search